Share pet collecting news and advice.
Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us
Re: Madja's last(?) raffle [Any region]

Post by Milotha » May 3rd, 2016, 4:40 am

Thanks Madja for all your raffles and work on them. The threads have been a source of enjoyment and winning the Overwatch pet brought me some joy in very dark times, so I will always be appreciative of that.

If I were to adopt a pet, it would be the Hyjal Bear Cub. Those little guys have had enough trauma from losing their moms in a forest fire. I'd keep the cub away from humans so he didn't become habituated, feed him natural foods, like the bear rehabilitation clinics, and see to it that he grew into a young bear fit for release back into the wild. Run free little bear and enjoy your wild life.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13643
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » May 3rd, 2016, 8:42 am

I would have to have the Sprite Darter Hatchling. He was one of my very first pets when I started playing WoW and I went to a LOT of trouble to save him and then hatch him (it's sad that quest line is no more). He's also super cute! ;)

A close second would have to be the Wolpertinger. Also one of my earliest pets, I just love him to bits. I also love the RL mythology behind him. :)\

And thank you, Madja, for all these fun raffles. They have been fun and interesting to read, as well as the chance of prizes!

Good luck with the RL stuffs and maybe we'll see you back again one day. :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Fantee
Top Rater
Pet Score:3518
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Fantee » May 3rd, 2016, 9:37 am

Mine would be the [pet]Fluxfire Feline[/pet]!

First because I love cats, and secondly because as a Enginner would be perfect to study the technology involved in creating a prototype of mechanical life!

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » May 3rd, 2016, 9:39 am

Aww thank you for all the hard work, time, effort, and money coins you have put in over the past months, I think it's been something the community has really enjoyed taking part in, even if it wasn't for the prize!

I'm certain that I'll be adding a pet to the list soon, but I need a lot of time to think about just one xD

Good luck to you and all you do as always Madja ^^

Azaelia/Jade~

Antaeus
Top Rater
Pet Score:11549
BattleTag®:antaeus#2789
Realm:Sylvanas-eu

Post by Antaeus » May 3rd, 2016, 11:01 am

Mine would have to be [pet]Wolpertinger[/pet] because who wouldn't want a flying,horned rabbit.

Also if it's only visible to people who are drunk you could also mess with their heads a bit :P

Morazor
Pet Score:8852
Realm:Nemesis-eu

Post by Morazor » May 3rd, 2016, 12:14 pm

Madja wrote:This is such a great site with a pleasant community - a rare sight on the web these days - and I've enjoyed giving something back to it!
True that. I'm a newbie around here, but I've already had the chance to see that this is a friendly and nice community :D

Thanks for the fun and the prizes! Good luck for what comes next :D

About the pet: I'd pick a Lofty Libram, so I can finally become a power-mad evil wizard! Also, it reminds me of Discworld's magic books and I love Terry Pratchett <3

Infernis
Pet Score:9266
BattleTag®:Infernis#2883
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Infernis » May 3rd, 2016, 12:46 pm

Sadly it would appear as none of the other have given the correct answer.

I mean sure, the treasure goblin does indeed drop some coins but it would likely not be economically viable just running behind him collecting coins + i hate manual labour.

The enchanted broom sweeping your house is also nice and you could perhaps sell the cleaning service to others. However, with the inventions of the likes of iRobot, people won't be willing to pay much considering that they have the alternative to purchase their own robot to clean for them.

No, I had a look at the big picture. My instant thought was "I like murlocs, I like fire.....so Murkablo". I could then become a spy and use his adorableness (if that's a word) to sneak in foreign governments and take out important figures. But then i thought "I'm too fat for a James Bond lifestyle" so I had to reinvent my business plan.

It is why I choose the Netherwhelp. You might wonder why ? Well the reason is that they'll make for great delivery service assets. I'll start my own business and undercut DHL, UPS and the likes and then I'll keep sending Madja random stuff to his house as he does to me in WoW.

Now you might be wondering, of all the dwagonz, why the nether whelp exactly? Good question, sadly just 1 would not be sufficient to do all the deliveries. So I'll need more! However the rules of the giveaway restrict you to just 1 pet. Therefore i picked a magic dragon who can (hopefully) reproduce magically. Once this has happened my plan for world dominance would be near completion and all of you puny mortals shall serve me for all of eternity....i mean i'll have the opportunity to make the world a better place for the future generations.

Fahra
Pet Score:5102
Realm:Bronzebeard-us

Post by Fahra » May 3rd, 2016, 1:57 pm

Thank you so much for all of the raffles! It's been tremendously awesome of you, and I've truly enjoyed reading all of the responses.

Without a doubt, I would adopt Zao, Calfling of Niuzao. Zao was the entire reason I got into pet battling. I'd collected them before, but when I saw he was a reward from the Celestial Tourney I leveled my pets like mad. I collected special ones to try and win the fights. I studied up on all of the tactics and substituted pets that I had for ones I could never hope to afford. I still have lists and lists of pet combos and attacks and strategies in the drawer under my computer. I tried the tournament for probably five weeks before I finally won, and my heart would pound like mad during the entire hour or two that I was in the midst of combats.
Then, finally...At long last, Zao was mine.

I think he'd be an easy pet to have around the house, not really any different than a dog or cat. Plus, he'd be a nightlight!

<3
Like mythology? Check out my blog at mythdancer.blogspot.com, where I have a weekly discussion about everything from Mesopotamia to the pandaren religion!

Sikoya
Top Rater
Pet Score:4399
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Sikoya » May 3rd, 2016, 3:21 pm

This is probably not a very wise choice but I'll go ahead and pick Murkablo:D

There's just no way resisting this flame-throwing, smoke ring hopping bundle of 100% undilluted murloc cuteness <3

(note to self: get better fire insurance)

Ken68m
Pet Score:9640
Realm:Stonemaul-us

Post by Ken68m » May 3rd, 2016, 10:39 pm

First I want to say thanks and hope you have fun in whatever you do, I do understand and with so many toons it does seem more like work than a game at times.

As for the pets there are so many great ones and so many reasons to get them or want them...I guess I would have to choose my sprite darter hatchling...it was one of the first pets I ever got and is really cute. I liked that you had a quest for it as killing them to get one as a pet seems so wrong.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » May 4th, 2016, 12:18 am

My first choice would be [pet]Graves[/pet] (as per my avatar), simply because he's so cute..
The biggest problem, however, will most likely be the neighbours complaining aboutbthe smell of death and decay, and I might be forced to get rid of him again.

My backup pet, is [pet]Egbert[/pet].. Who wouldn't enjoy a baby raptor with ADHD? He's sweetness overloaded..

Wavsite
MVP
Pet Score:8734
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Wavsite » May 4th, 2016, 10:55 am

I had to go with a practical pet, even though I'd generally prefer cute and snuggly. With 2 cats already in the house, I'm going with low maintenance / doubles as a cat toy, with the [pet]Nordrassil Wisp[/pet]. A flying globe of light has got to be at least as much fun as a laser pointer, from the cat perspective, right?

Second choice would probably be the [pet]Fluxfire Feline[/pet], for a kitty playmate that won't eat much (except oil?) or add to the litter box!

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » May 6th, 2016, 8:26 am

First off BIG THANKS Madja for all the raffles.

Second: My first choice would be my Anubis Idol. My second would be my beloved Magical Crawdad which I would use to heal my loved ones when they are hurt :)

Pob
Top Rater
Pet Score:11193
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Pob » May 6th, 2016, 10:04 am

Somebody already stole my answer of the Enchanted Broom, so my backup would be Sister of Temptation.

Why? Never you mind...

Nomadking
Top Rater
Pet Score:13744
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Nomadking » May 6th, 2016, 3:10 pm

Thanks for taking the time to run all these raffles Madja, it's been fun taking part.

I'd choose my Fluxfire Feline, since robots are easy to take care of, and when my neighbours dogs are howling it can pop Supercharge and Claw them out of existence :)

Stickybuns
Pet Score:8227
Realm:Dalvengyr-us

Post by Stickybuns » May 6th, 2016, 4:07 pm

Awww, thanks for all the awesome raffles, Madja! Hopefully WoW can woo you back someday. ;)

This is a tough one but I think as of today, I would adopt brightpaw. Who wouldn't want a magic kitteh?

Evilpat
Pet Score:4399
Realm:Boulderfist-us

Post by Evilpat » May 6th, 2016, 4:14 pm

Thanks for the raffles Madja! I would chose Singing Sunflower, would be nice to make it a sunny day on command.

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Post by Shingetsu » May 6th, 2016, 6:22 pm

Mh... probably Lil'Bling... a robot buttler might come in handy!
I'd only have to make sure he does not run around smacking people.

Also, congrats on your "fortunate real life circumstances" whatever that might be.
I suspect it to be a future lil'Madja running around in the near future :D

Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Madja » May 6th, 2016, 8:38 pm

Shingetsu wrote:Also, congrats on your "fortunate real life circumstances" whatever that might be.
I suspect it to be a future lil'Madja running around in the near future :D
Hehe thank you. Trust me it's nowhere near that yet ^^ I've simply started getting more serious about relationships and then I have school soon as well :) But I won't really be able to have kids in the kind of relationships I'm in ;)
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Petzy
Pet Score:11826
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Petzy » May 6th, 2016, 9:55 pm

Madja wrote:I suspect it to be a future lil'Madja running around in the near future :D

Hehe thank you. Trust me it's nowhere near that yet ^^ I've simply started getting more serious about relationships and then I have school soon as well :) But I won't really be able to have kids in the kind of relationships I'm in ;)

In honor of Children's Week when it does become time maybe you will adopt an orphan, :lol: If you are anything in RL like how you have been here they will be lucky to get you! :D