Blizzcon pets and specials

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Malmedula
Pet Score:4862
Realm:Feathermoon-us
Blizzcon pets and specials

Post by Malmedula » April 13th, 2016, 9:47 am

I looked at the profile of Pure...one of the top 5 collectors on this site.
He writes: "On june 2014 I decided that I wanna collect all pets. At beginning it was mostly casual collecting, but I slowly began to realise that it actually would be possible for me to get to the top of collectors."

How is this possible? He has every pet. Some of them are from 6 or 7 years ago. Some are exclusive rewards for various promotions. He's on an EU server. So are all of the Top 10 collectors. Do they have different rules? If I make a toon on an EU server can I use my US account?

Please help me understand.

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Re: Blizzcon pets and specials

Post by Shingetsu » April 13th, 2016, 12:08 pm

I think you'll need a new account to access the eu realms.
And this account will not be connected to your us account at all.

Why would you want an account on the eu realms, tho?
They don't magically hand-out promotion pets over here (sadly...) :D

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » April 13th, 2016, 1:10 pm

My guess is that the player had those older ones already either being interested in WOW CE boxes other blizzard games that reward pets etc. Or that they are lucky and have a lot of disposable income to spend on these, or have made successful trades along the line to get where they are (not necessarily on this site either).Remember the value of these has increased significantly over the years, they may have been obtained for more of a bargain then anticipated.

To answer your question about EU servers, you can make an EU account on your current battlenet, just ask a GM to make one for you as it's too buggy to make one yourself. (I have an EU account and a US account on the same battlenet)

Just to answer another question you may be thinking...would my Netherwhelp be available on the US account if I got hold of one on EU?....unfortunately not. I just tested this and my Blizzcon pets, other Blizzard games (starcraft pets, diablo pets etc) all moved over, however none of my EU WoW CE's moved to the american account (this is the same with mounts too btw, they do not transfer over).

Hope this helps a little!

Malmedula

Post by Malmedula » April 13th, 2016, 1:22 pm

I wasnt suggesting that EU servers gave out free pets.
But there is information I lack and somebody has it.

I've collected all the standard pets and leveled/stoned them to 25 and rare. But that still leaves many pets that are "Unavailable"...Except that people who started within the last 30 months have them.

How is this possible?

Azaella. Thank you. I appreciate the info, particularly regarding the possibility of getting an EU pet recognized on my US servers.
So...failing to have a previous collection...Cash is the answer? Guess thats the answer to many of lifes little mysteries.

Shingetsu

Post by Shingetsu » April 13th, 2016, 2:31 pm

I was just joking, sorry, didn't mean to sound harsh or anything.

You might consider the following: The fact, that he/she started "collecting" in 2014, does not neccesary mean that he/she did not own any pets before this point in time. Maybe he/she bought the CEs back then without even thinking about the pets. He/she might have bought the Blizzcon digital tickets to watch the stream content, and so on...

As far as I know most Blizzcon pets are in fact unavailable now. The older ones used codes to redeem the pets, so if you're lucky you might find someone who still owns a unused codes. The new ones are redeemed the moment you get your virtual ticket. Not sure if you can still redeem the tickets if blizzcon is over to get the pet?

I'm still sad, that I did not buy the earlier blizzcon virtual tickets :(

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » April 13th, 2016, 2:32 pm

Malmedula wrote:How is this possible?
He doesn't say that's when he started playing the game, but when he started collecting pets seriously. In fact he says right afterwards that he had around 150 pets already when he started on his mission to acquire them all.

Auryona
MVP
Pet Score:5343
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Auryona » April 13th, 2016, 3:02 pm

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, are you wondering why pets from many years ago can be obtained by someone who started collecting recently? If that's your question, the answer is that nearly all of them are still available! Blizzcon and Collector Editions codes are still regularly sold on eBay and other sites, and anyone who is willing to purchase or trade for one can do so to get the associated pet. (Though several of them, like Vanilla CE, currently command 4 digits price tags.)

As it stands, only 8 pets are currently no longer obtainable:

Baby Blizzard Bear
Essence of Competition
Molten Corgi
Mr. Chilly
Onyx Panther
Onyxian Whelpling
Spirit of Competition
Vampiric Batling

Now, if you were to find someone who started playing only recently and managed to get one of these, then that might be a little odd...
Last edited by Auryona on April 14th, 2016, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Malmedula

Post by Malmedula » April 13th, 2016, 3:26 pm

Thanks Everyone. Now I know.

2 Methods or a combination of them.

Method 1: Start playing 10 years ago.
Method 2: Spend a couple thousand dollars.

I still don't know why the top 10 are all on EU servers but maybe thats just the perversity of statistics.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » April 13th, 2016, 3:42 pm

Malmedula wrote:I still don't know why the top 10 are all on EU servers but maybe thats just the perversity of statistics.
There's more pets available on EU than US.

Don't worry about rankings, unless that's all you pet battle for... the only person's collection I worry about is my own. :)

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » April 13th, 2016, 3:53 pm

Peanutty wrote:
Malmedula wrote:I still don't know why the top 10 are all on EU servers but maybe thats just the perversity of statistics.

Don't worry about rankings, unless that's all you pet battle for... the only person's collection I worry about is my own. :)
Couldn't agree more, no matter how much I love to see others expanding their collections and obtain something they have been working on for a long time....I started this whole journey due to my love for collecting...and my love to do as best as I could :)

Malmedula

Post by Malmedula » April 13th, 2016, 5:19 pm

I completely agree about the reasons to do this. My original claim to fame was/is Fishing. I have Fish Poems/Puns and rants. I led my guild to complete all the guild fishing achieves. I give advice on fishing and host fishfrys in my garrison.

But I'm also the Pet Guy. I Always wear my Safari helmet and I guess even sleep with it on. And a bit of OCD seems to be a theme so I collect, buy, sell and trade pets on Feathermoon, Madoran, Uldaman and Tichrondrius.

Still have time to be Predator and currently trying to get my Legendary Ring maxed out. Will be Timewalking tonight cause I need that 500 Valor.

So yeah. Want all the pets. Want all the Toys too. Got all the Fish. Weirdly enough I dont do mounts. My Magic Flying Manhole Cover is all I need in the Air. Tundra Mammoth for vendors. Raft on the water and Sea Turtle submerged.

Malmedula

Post by Malmedula » April 13th, 2016, 5:21 pm

Peanutty wrote:

More? Why? How do you know?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » April 13th, 2016, 8:38 pm

Malmedula wrote:More? Why? How do you know?
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15150

Also you can use the site's Battle Pets Filter to see what's region specific: http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/filter/# Go down to Availability and select EU for example, select "Include," then click "Apply Filter" button.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » April 14th, 2016, 12:01 am

Auryona wrote:As it stands, only 8 pets are currently no longer obtaiqnable:

Baby Blizzard Bear
Essence of Competition
Mr. Chilly
Onyx Panther
Onyxian Whelpling
Spirit of Competition
Vampiric Batling
There you have 7 my dear x) But Molten Corgi also does account to it, aswell as Thundering Serpent Hatchling, though rumours say that the latter one may be put in an Unclaimed Black Market Container.
Can't check the BMAH statistics for the regular pets yet but maybe is there something interesting?

Hatespark the Tiny is technically over, but is cageable and warms the Auction Houses with his burning presence.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Auryona
MVP
Pet Score:5343
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Auryona » April 14th, 2016, 1:36 am

Paladance wrote:
Auryona wrote:As it stands, only 8 pets are currently no longer obtaiqnable:

Baby Blizzard Bear
Essence of Competition
Mr. Chilly
Onyx Panther
Onyxian Whelpling
Spirit of Competition
Vampiric Batling
There you have 7 my dear x) But Molten Corgi also does account to it, aswell as Thundering Serpent Hatchling, though rumours say that the latter one may be put in an Unclaimed Black Market Container.
Can't check the BMAH statistics for the regular pets yet but maybe is there something interesting?

Hatespark the Tiny is technically over, but is cageable and warms the Auction Houses with his burning presence.
ha, math is hard xD I pulled the list from the filters using "No longer available" but Lurky came up, and as far as I'm aware you can still get Lurky if you actually do the snail-mail thing. So I removed it from the list but didn't change the number, oops!

Thundering is indeed still available through BMAH boxes, but yes, the 10th anniversary pets should be on the list! Will modify, thanks for the correction :)

Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Madja » April 14th, 2016, 9:03 am

Shingetsu wrote:The new ones are redeemed the moment you get your virtual ticket. Not sure if you can still redeem the tickets if blizzcon is over to get the pet?
I can confirm that you can in fact still redeem the codes after they even is over. It's how I gave away my last Murkidan in the raffle :)
You basically have to buy the tickets as gifts and you'll get a key sent to your email. You can redeem that at any time :)

I believe last year was the first time you were able to buy them as gifts, though. Hopefully they'll continue that trend!
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » April 14th, 2016, 9:15 am

Also, (and I'm not saying this is what Pure or any of the other top collectors did) a year ago or so it was still possible to do the Scroll of Resurrection thing where you invited a friend to rejoin the game and you both got rewards.
Back then there were people who would sell old accounts that were not linked to a battle.net account. Some people used to buy these and then link them to their own battle.net.
Because of the account-wide pets/mounts/achievements this allowed you to get stuff that was no longer available in game if the old account had it on them.

So in theory it is possible to have started the game in 2014 and still have all the pets. It would just have cost you a hell lot of planning and cash.
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Shingetsu

Post by Shingetsu » April 14th, 2016, 10:33 am

Madja wrote:I can confirm that you can in fact still redeem the codes after they even is over. It's how I gave away my last Murkidan in the raffle :)
You basically have to buy the tickets as gifts and you'll get a key sent to your email. You can redeem that at any time :)
That's nice to know.

Does anybody know if you can still get Murkablo? Thought he was budled with the ticket (which was linked to the account if I remember correctly)?

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » April 14th, 2016, 12:04 pm

Shingetsu wrote: Does anybody know if you can still get Murkablo? Thought he was budled with the ticket (which was linked to the account if I remember correctly)?
You can. If you attend BlizzCon you are given a card with a code on. You can then use that yourself or pass it on to someone :)
This mean you can buy the card on eBay :)
They're usually around £110-130, but I see there's one right now for £103 ^^ In fact Murkablo and Deathy are usually cheaper than the ones that came after the Virtual Ticket was released. I guess more sellers hoarded them back then.
Last edited by Madja on April 14th, 2016, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Shingetsu

Post by Shingetsu » April 14th, 2016, 2:04 pm

That's good news! But sadly out of my financial reach at the moment. Or better said I should not spend money on pixels atm :D