Thinking of giving away some pets...

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Waterlilly
Pet Score:10571
Realm:Echo Isles-us
Thinking of giving away some pets...

Post by Waterlilly » February 10th, 2016, 2:58 pm

I have so many "extra" pets from the Garrison daily/weekly, holidays, etc they take up 2 bank tabs on my banker alts guild bank.

Selling them on the AH isn't much use since there are so many people selling the same things since some are easy to get. I was hoping to sell them but it is not worth it with the amount for sale on the AH and low prices, I would end up loosing money.

I was thinking of offering "Packages" to people, for free, especially newbie collectors who are just getting into pet battles/collecting that don't have access to some of the pets. But not sure if that is a good idea.

What do you guys think?

Felixinseattle
Pet Score:5857
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Re: Thinking of giving away some pets...

Post by Felixinseattle » February 10th, 2016, 3:16 pm

If you raid with your guild, you might consider giving them away as prizes after the boss. Or maybe hold a raffle for the guild bank. people like winning even if the prizes are not a big deal.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » February 10th, 2016, 3:49 pm

I have recalled that someone had done something like that on the EU forums. And I've found it. :P
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17288988818
Leavin' this for inspiration. :)

How much pets I do have that are "too cheap to bother" (and levelled anyway)… They aren't good even for the casual realm cash shovelling! >.<

But we should share our love even with the meekest ones. /hug [pet]Cinder Pup[/pet]
OUCH!

Okay, it wasn't necessary. :lol:

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » February 11th, 2016, 5:57 am

Paladance wrote:I have recalled that someone had done something like that on the EU forums. And I've found it. :P
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17288988818
Leavin' this for inspiration. :)

How much pets I do have that are "too cheap to bother" (and levelled anyway)… They aren't good even for the casual realm cash shovelling! >.<

But we should share our love even with the meekest ones. /hug [pet]Cinder Pup[/pet]
OUCH!

Okay, it wasn't necessary. :lol:
I love that! I've seen quizzes in trade chat and regularly used to wrap up pets as gifts and give them out to Guildies. A couple of us used to hand them out over the xmas holidays to strangers too was always a nice feeling :D

Revmrblacktn
Pet Score:8248
BattleTag®:mousemanic#1251
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Revmrblacktn » February 11th, 2016, 11:55 am

Great idea, especially to new collectors.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » February 11th, 2016, 12:23 pm

Azaelia wrote:I love that! I've seen quizzes in trade chat and regularly used to wrap up pets as gifts and give them out to Guildies. A couple of us used to hand them out over the xmas holidays to strangers too was always a nice feeling :D
I had a gnome with winter clothes and stuff for these things. But I deleted him because people on trade were too cagey and all things put on AH were taken by bots. :x

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Ssparkles
Pet Score:10167
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Ssparkles » February 11th, 2016, 5:32 pm

You might also want to think about donating to Azeroth Adoption Agency on Bladefist (H)
They will help rehome your pets.

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » February 11th, 2016, 11:09 pm

I was doing the holiday event on my Tauren, collecting coins for the heirloom tokens, when I saw an NE from another server doing a pet battle near the Elder in Silithus. I /cheer'ed her, and then logged out and made an alliance NE on her server and offered to give her some pets to help her out with leveling and capturing. I had a few level 25's on the AH I pulled, a Terrible Turnip, Weebomination, and one of the pandas that heals, and had her make an NE in the starter zone so I could trade them to her, with a brief explanation of how to use each, like the usefulness of Weakening blow in capture teams. Her highest pet was level 17, so she could not yet use any of those pets, so I also caged a lvl 18 Widget I was getting to 25, and gave that to her as well, so she would have something sort of useful to work with. I got the idea most of her pets were wild, and green or worse. Either way, she was very appreciative, and I felt good helping a fellow pet fan.
mykro9#1585

Edoras
Top Rater
Pet Score:13263
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Edoras » February 12th, 2016, 3:56 am

I have many pets for a new collector, talk to me in game and Ill be happy to trade them to you free

Magis on EU-silvermoon

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Post by Shingetsu » February 19th, 2016, 3:02 pm

I know that feeling. I have 460+ duplicates and selling them is not really an option because not even 25s sell that well (if at all) on my server :/

Aevaluna
Top Rater
Pet Score:4808
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Aevaluna » February 25th, 2016, 10:12 am

Azeroth Adoption Agency gives away pets to those that need them. You can be either horde or alliance to join or to donate! Check them out here: http://azerothadoptionagency.com

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » February 25th, 2016, 12:05 pm

I have an awesome guildie who goes to a lot of trouble to organise guild events for us, like hide and seek, races etc. Pets are very often prizes and I've given him some of my extras in the past. It's a good fun way to offload some extras. :)
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420