My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Am I unlucky or?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
User avatar
Laraven
 
Posts: 244
Joined: November 19th, 2010
Pet Score: 4535
BattleTag®: LaRaven#1620
Realm: Korgath-US

Am I unlucky or?

Postby Laraven » January 18th, 2016, 5:46 am

I have started the Tanaan Jungle battle pets. and I'm 0/94 for any of the pets they drop. Yup, have not seen a one. Is this normal or is it just bad luck?
Image

User avatar
FuxieDK
 
Posts: 528
Joined: July 27th, 2009
Pet Score: 5002
BattleTag®: FuxieDK#2678
Realm: Draenor-EU

Re: Am I unlucky or?

Postby FuxieDK » January 18th, 2016, 6:37 am

Sounds weird..

I was at 3 of 4 after 30-40 battles and got the last one after ~100 battles..

User avatar
Alkavar
 
Posts: 3
Joined: July 2nd, 2014
Pet Score: 5065
Realm: Archimonde-US

Re: Am I unlucky or?

Postby Alkavar » January 18th, 2016, 9:46 am

I actually have spares of each of these pets that I will donate to your cause. Add my battletag ingame and I'll give ya whichever pets you still need on contact :o

Alkavar#1432

User avatar
Milotha
Top Rater
 
Posts: 185
Joined: February 25th, 2013
Pet Score: 4913
BattleTag®: milotha#1158
Realm: Silver Hand-US

Re: Am I unlucky or?

Postby Milotha » January 18th, 2016, 12:04 pm

I had the same luck. Took me over 100 tanaan rare pet battles to get my first pet to drop. Took me over 400 to get all of them.
Image

User avatar
Darolyn
 
Posts: 483
Joined: October 16th, 2011
Pet Score: 4944
BattleTag®: Thaliana#1794
Realm: Kael'thas-US

Re: Am I unlucky or?

Postby Darolyn » January 18th, 2016, 12:07 pm

I opened 116 bags before I got my first pet. I ended up trading for all of them before I got a single drop.

You are not alone, RNG just hates some of us.

(Then again, I got one of the Warglaives of Azzinoth AND a super rare enchanting recipe yesterday, so I guess you win some, you lose some....I try to be optimistic)

I would take the amazing Alkavar up on his/her offer. That's awesome. :)
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

User avatar
Laraven
 
Posts: 244
Joined: November 19th, 2010
Pet Score: 4535
BattleTag®: LaRaven#1620
Realm: Korgath-US

Re: Am I unlucky or?

Postby Laraven » January 18th, 2016, 3:34 pm

Alkavar wrote:I actually have spares of each of these pets that I will donate to your cause. Add my battletag ingame and I'll give ya whichever pets you still need on contact :o

Alkavar#1432


Thanks Alkavar, but I ended up buying all but 2. And the 2 left seem to be the rarer ones which are worth a lot.
Image

User avatar
Laraven
 
Posts: 244
Joined: November 19th, 2010
Pet Score: 4535
BattleTag®: LaRaven#1620
Realm: Korgath-US

Re: Am I unlucky or?

Postby Laraven » January 18th, 2016, 3:36 pm

Darolyn wrote:I opened 116 bags before I got my first pet. I ended up trading for all of them before I got a single drop.

You are not alone, RNG just hates some of us.

(Then again, I got one of the Warglaives of Azzinoth AND a super rare enchanting recipe yesterday, so I guess you win some, you lose some....I try to be optimistic)

I would take the amazing Alkavar up on his/her offer. That's awesome. :)


Yeah, im at 0/170 for Invincible mount....this madness has to stop someday right? LOL! I guess I will just keep going then.
Image

User avatar
Zonnetje
Top Rater
 
Posts: 56
Joined: March 12th, 2015
Pet Score: 4956
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood-US

Re: Am I unlucky or?

Postby Zonnetje » January 18th, 2016, 4:38 pm

I am in the same situation. I am still trying for the seaborn spore. It is the bane of my existence right now. I cringe every time I see one of those bags - knowing full well, that which I seek is not contained within.

User avatar
Laraven
 
Posts: 244
Joined: November 19th, 2010
Pet Score: 4535
BattleTag®: LaRaven#1620
Realm: Korgath-US

Re: Am I unlucky or?

Postby Laraven » January 18th, 2016, 5:15 pm

Nevermind, I have the best wow friends ever. My friend just bought the last two for me! <3
Image

User avatar
Darolyn
 
Posts: 483
Joined: October 16th, 2011
Pet Score: 4944
BattleTag®: Thaliana#1794
Realm: Kael'thas-US

Re: Am I unlucky or?

Postby Darolyn » January 18th, 2016, 6:53 pm

And now we see a new definition of lucky.

RNG lucky? Nah...

But friend lucky? Yeah!

Some of my wow friends are better than my RL friends. I'm happy you got to add the pets to your collection. :)
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

User avatar
Khorah
 
Posts: 181
Joined: January 16th, 2009
Pet Score: 4822
BattleTag®: Khorah#1833
Realm: Medivh-US

Re: Am I unlucky or?

Postby Khorah » January 18th, 2016, 7:58 pm

Zonnetje wrote:I am in the same situation. I am still trying for the seaborn spore. It is the bane of my existence right now. I cringe every time I see one of those bags - knowing full well, that which I seek is not contained within.


This --^
I just broke down and bought the stupid thing :(

Grats on getting some friendly assistance though!! :D
Image

User avatar
Beastlyserenity
 
Posts: 64
Joined: March 10th, 2014
Pet Score: 3133
Realm: Draenor-US

Re: Am I unlucky or?

Postby Beastlyserenity » January 19th, 2016, 12:34 am

In my experience, it may be quicker and more efficient to farm the gold for the pets rather than do the Tanaan Jungle pet battles many times for the drop.

User avatar
Neolarva
Top Rater
 
Posts: 38
Joined: June 16th, 2011
Pet Score: 5131
Realm: Les Sentinelles-EU

Re: Am I unlucky or?

Postby Neolarva » January 19th, 2016, 10:13 pm

Beastlyserenity wrote:In my experience, it may be quicker and more efficient to farm the gold for the pets rather than do the Tanaan Jungle pet battles many times for the drop.

In my experience, it's the case for all the pets especially in WoD ^^

User avatar
Ganksinatra
 
Posts: 13
Joined: December 18th, 2014
Pet Score: 4025
Realm: Alterac Mountains-US

Re: Am I unlucky or?

Postby Ganksinatra » January 19th, 2016, 10:39 pm

After 45 empty bags I just bought them all.

User avatar
Mehetabel
Top Rater
 
Posts: 383
Joined: November 2nd, 2012
Pet Score: 4940
Realm: Lightbringer-EU

Re: Am I unlucky or?

Postby Mehetabel » January 20th, 2016, 7:05 am

I think I managed to get one before getting so fed up I just bought the rest! :roll: :lol:
Image


Return to Pet Collecting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Hawg and 4 guests