My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Is there a way to tell if pets are male or female yet?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
User avatar
Rainnocturne
 
Posts: 8
Joined: October 18th, 2012
Pet Score: 2935
Realm: Area 52-US

Is there a way to tell if pets are male or female yet?

Postby Rainnocturne » December 10th, 2012, 5:37 pm

I downloaded the BreedId addon from curse but it doesn't seem to show gender, does anyone know?

User avatar
Zaelo
 
Posts: 265
Joined: October 23rd, 2012
Pet Score: 2608
Realm: Turalyon-US

Re: Is there a way to tell if pets are male or female yet?

Postby Zaelo » December 10th, 2012, 5:47 pm

ID 3-12 are male, and 13-22 are female

User avatar
Jetstream
 
Posts: 24
Joined: September 26th, 2012
Pet Score: 1849
Realm: Greymane-US

Re: Is there a way to tell if pets are male or female yet?

Postby Jetstream » December 10th, 2012, 8:37 pm

http://schaffhauser.me/Warcraft#PetList

Load your character up on this. It'll tell you specifically what breed your pet, in particular, is.

3-12 male, 13-22 female, as the above poster said.

User avatar
TippyKitt
 
Posts: 64
Joined: December 10th, 2009
Pet Score: 2614
Realm: Arthas-US

Re: Is there a way to tell if pets are male or female yet?

Postby TippyKitt » December 10th, 2012, 9:53 pm

Jetstream wrote:http://schaffhauser.me/Warcraft#PetList

Load your character up on this. It'll tell you specifically what breed your pet, in particular, is.

3-12 male, 13-22 female, as the above poster said.


This is awesome! I was using warcraftpets to find the breed ID but I still didn't know if it was male or female. This says the exact number! Now I dont have to worry about nameing a male pet with a female name... >w>

User avatar
Jetstream
 
Posts: 24
Joined: September 26th, 2012
Pet Score: 1849
Realm: Greymane-US

Re: Is there a way to tell if pets are male or female yet?

Postby Jetstream » December 11th, 2012, 12:16 am

TippyKitt wrote:
Jetstream wrote:http://schaffhauser.me/Warcraft#PetList

Load your character up on this. It'll tell you specifically what breed your pet, in particular, is.

3-12 male, 13-22 female, as the above poster said.


This is awesome! I was using warcraftpets to find the breed ID but I still didn't know if it was male or female. This says the exact number! Now I dont have to worry about nameing a male pet with a female name... >w>


There might be an addon that'll do the same thing in game, but I don't know which one.

The BreedID addon I use only gives it to me in an an alphabet format (PP, P/B, P/S, blah blah blah.)

... Also I kinda don't care. Pasquirrelio is a boy even if BreedID says he's a girl.

If it's eventually visible in default UI then he's trans and Blizz can bite me ;)

User avatar
TippyKitt
 
Posts: 64
Joined: December 10th, 2009
Pet Score: 2614
Realm: Arthas-US

Re: Is there a way to tell if pets are male or female yet?

Postby TippyKitt » December 11th, 2012, 8:35 am

Jetstream wrote:
There might be an addon that'll do the same thing in game, but I don't know which one.

The BreedID addon I use only gives it to me in an an alphabet format (PP, P/B, P/S, blah blah blah.)

... Also I kinda don't care. Pasquirrelio is a boy even if BreedID says he's a girl.

If it's eventually visible in default UI then he's trans and Blizz can bite me ;)


I'm betting that if/when the sex of our pets becomes important most of the adds will probably write it in.

Haha! Thats adorable! I have an Infested Bear Cub that I named Morticia. It was the first pet I really really wanted and I caught it while I was watching the Adams Family cartoon. I wanted to name my Scourged whelpling Gomez so I wanted at least those two to match there names. Most of my pets are unisex names (like my oily slimeling named Eye See U) except my Jade Ooze who's named Barfolomew...and its a girl...but I dont care! XD (cudos if anyone gets the reference :3 )

User avatar
Humbelle
 
Posts: 25
Joined: September 27th, 2008
Pet Score: 4574
Realm: Argent Dawn-US

Re: Is there a way to tell if pets are male or female yet?

Postby Humbelle » December 11th, 2012, 10:21 am

I absolutely LOVE that website. I tried posting a link to it but I haven't posted enough yet to be able to post a link.

I use it to help me decide which pets to upgrade. :-)


Return to Pet Collecting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests