Unlevelled Pets Mod

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kalerender
Pet Score:12709
Realm:Barthilas-us
Unlevelled Pets Mod

Post by Kalerender » January 6th, 2016, 6:33 pm

Howdy all

I'm looking for a way to see how many of each family I have left to level, and how many total levels are left.

For example, I feel I have a lot of beast and critter levelling to go, but I have a lot of low level flyers, so perhaps the total levels are starting to catch up, while I know for sure I have only a few dragons left - though they are all low level - so it shouldn't be a huge number of levels to go.

Anyone point me in the direction of a mod, or perhaps someone could code it for the website as useful data?

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Unlevelled Pets Mod

Post by Jerebear » January 6th, 2016, 9:17 pm

If you use the Rematch addon for teams, you can filter all your pets using its search features. For example you can search for level<25 and then set it to each individual family and it will tell you the total number of pets filtered at the bottom
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Kalerender

Post by Kalerender » January 6th, 2016, 10:11 pm

Yeah I use that to get a rough idea.. still would be keen to find a way to see the sum of levels left to get for each family.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » January 6th, 2016, 10:31 pm

does the option at the bottom of this linked post possibly have what you want?
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?p=120712#p120712

There's a dropdown there, so I thought it might have an option for non levelled pets. I don't have the game up to check atm.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Kalerender

Post by Kalerender » January 7th, 2016, 4:35 am

Ha, didn't know that was a button.

Unfortunately it does not show the data I'm interested in, but I posted in the thread. Perhaps it will be an interesting idea for the mod creator.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » January 7th, 2016, 11:00 am

Open http://petsear.ch/excel/en-US/US/Barthilas/Xuanwu.xlsx in Excel or OpenOffice and slice and dice the numbers to your heart's content. :)

Kalerender

Post by Kalerender » January 7th, 2016, 11:05 pm

You are awesome!

Edit: Worked great, turns out I need a LOT more flying levels, even though I have more beast pets!

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 13th, 2016, 1:37 pm

Thanks for that site. I think I was better off not knowing....

3230 levels to get all current pets to 25.

70 Unique pets not rare (WCP says 68, but I'll err on the side of caution)

Ironically, the ones I need the least levels for (Dragonkin, 46) are the ones I currently have the most leveling stones for (only 10, but still). Grr.

I love numbers, so here, warning, Math Content!

This is all supposing I NEVER level with tamers, and ONLY use charms and stones from the following scenarios. Also, it'll be two weeks from today before I have enough rarity stones from charms to finish those off, so all these numbers suppose everything is rare:

If I didn't have any leveling stones at all, and I wanted to get all of my unique pets to 25 without doing anything other than daily and weekly quests, I could get enough non-specific training stones in two years. (You can get up to 31 a week through Erris and the weekly, would take 104 weeks to get them all, unless I used the charms from the tamers I only battled for the weekly, then I could get 6.67 more stones each week, bringing it down to 85 weeks).

If I wanted to just buy non-specific training stones using pet charms, it would take me up to 135 days of doing all the dailies every day and menagerie on all my current 100 toons, but not Taanen pets, because that's just taking this too far, and I haven't done the Taanen pets since October.

(I count the minimum charms from menagerie at 8 per toon, I have 6 toons, and then 6 tamers that give 4 charms each is 72 charms per day minimum)

I think it's time to take a day off from the world tomorrow and level with Squirt. ;)

Anyone want me to update this after tomorrow? No? Didn't think so....
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Kalerender

Post by Kalerender » May 10th, 2016, 8:38 am

Bumping my old thread, but petsear.ch is no longer working for me; gives a 'cannot create table' error.

Anyone know what happened? I found some old threads about the owner moving but that was long ago.