My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Murkimus Arena Pet

Share pet collecting news and advice.
User avatar
Katanole
 
Posts: 3
Joined: November 15th, 2013
Pet Score: 5032
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Murkimus Arena Pet

Postby Katanole » December 14th, 2015, 3:18 am

Hello everybody, any chance Murkimus will be avaiable again? I started collecting pets after the
arena tournaments in the past years.thank you

User avatar
Gracin
 
Posts: 33
Joined: October 15th, 2015
Pet Score: 3449
Realm: Zul'jin-US

Re: Murkimus Arena Pet

Postby Gracin » December 14th, 2015, 10:07 am

Most likely never. My biggest pet peeves about the pet battles is that, because it was introduced so late, and because pet collecting was so different prior to the current pet system, it is somewhat unfair to those of us who want to "catch'em all" but can't.

Murkimus for example, was just something then that I was going to need to spend $20(I think) and do 50(pretty sure) arena matches just to get a pet that wasn't going to do anything other than take up bag space. I didn't then and still don't enjoy arena, or pvp at all, so spending the money and forcing myself to compete for a pet that had no value other than a badge of completion wasn't worth it at the time.

Fast forward, and now it and a dozen more have actual value(IMO), but are unobtainable and likely will always be.

User avatar
Kalium
Top Rater
 
Posts: 91
Joined: August 19th, 2008
Pet Score: 5030
Realm: Baelgun-US

Re: Murkimus Arena Pet

Postby Kalium » December 14th, 2015, 10:25 am

I second that is sucks that unobtainable pets have evolved far beyond what they were. I'm still kicking myself for not getting a Vampiric Batling... I did everything but that during the WotLK Pre-Patch. I still have the tabard and armor on my Paladin.

User avatar
Quintessence
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: June 4th, 2008
Pet Score: 5156
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: Murkimus Arena Pet

Postby Quintessence » December 14th, 2015, 11:05 am

I'm fairly curious about this too. I've found their answers about the Arena Tournament somewhat vague, so I've inquired on Twitter (to @WarcraftDevs). I'm not sure if they even know the status of the promotional event; might not be the dev's area/decision.

But I also included that if the Arena Tournie isn't coming back, would Murkimus be made available another way in-game. We'll see if there's any response.
Image
Feel free to browse through Perks N Peeves, my vanity pet collecting blog!

User avatar
Vhale
MVP
 
Posts: 73
Joined: September 26th, 2012
Pet Score: 4350
Realm: Durotan-US

Re: Murkimus Arena Pet

Postby Vhale » December 14th, 2015, 5:36 pm

It's a peeve of mine that murlocs get reserved for paid functions rather than than CEs etc. Especially after that teaser baby murloc quest in Wrath. If they ever added them to the pet store it would crash the server.

User avatar
Peanutty
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: May 3rd, 2011
Pet Score: 5100
BattleTag®: PBCup#1312
Realm: Kil'jaeden-US

Re: Murkimus Arena Pet

Postby Peanutty » December 14th, 2015, 7:01 pm

Vhale wrote:It's a peeve of mine that murlocs get reserved for paid functions rather than than CEs etc. Especially after that teaser baby murloc quest in Wrath. If they ever added them to the pet store it would crash the server.


The free Terky wasn't enough? Granted I'm partial to the pastel ones myself (and I'd want a herd of them like the quest you're mentioning), but Terky was still an unexpected treat. :)

User avatar
Vhale
MVP
 
Posts: 73
Joined: September 26th, 2012
Pet Score: 4350
Realm: Durotan-US

Re: Murkimus Arena Pet

Postby Vhale » December 14th, 2015, 7:29 pm

It is a good treat, (I am partial to the orange ones). I just hope they continue and not another 10 year wait!

It's also the sound that the whole horde makes. It's. So. CUTE! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Mehetabel
Top Rater
 
Posts: 383
Joined: November 2nd, 2012
Pet Score: 4940
Realm: Lightbringer-EU

Re: Murkimus Arena Pet

Postby Mehetabel » December 18th, 2015, 9:24 am

Gracin wrote:Murkimus for example, was just something then that I was going to need to spend $20(I think) and do 50(pretty sure) arena matches just to get a pet that wasn't going to do anything other than take up bag space. I didn't then and still don't enjoy arena, or pvp at all, so spending the money and forcing myself to compete for a pet that had no value other than a badge of completion wasn't worth it at the time.


Murkimus actually WAS available from the tournament AFTER the pet battle system was introduced so people who started pet collecting after pet battles was introduced could get him. Blizz kept him as the reward because so many people didn't get him, as you mentioned, when pets collecting was very different (I certainly hadn't got him the first time round). I remember there being tons of threads on here for setting up teams to get it done.
Image

User avatar
Dakaf
MVP
 
Posts: 377
Joined: September 26th, 2012
Pet Score: 4928
BattleTag®: Dakaf#1332
Realm: Dawnbringer-US

Re: Murkimus Arena Pet

Postby Dakaf » December 29th, 2015, 5:47 pm

Mehetabel wrote:Murkimus actually WAS available from the tournament AFTER the pet battle system was introduced so people who started pet collecting after pet battles was introduced could get him. Blizz kept him as the reward because so many people didn't get him, as you mentioned, when pets collecting was very different (I certainly hadn't got him the first time round). I remember there being tons of threads on here for setting up teams to get it done.


We actually had a whole forum here while it was available. We were hoping it would come back every year for everyone, but it didn't. :(

I personally took forever to get mine, because my team and I well, how do you say it, suck at pvp. You had to win 50 matches, not just compete in 50 matches. Luckily there were others there just for the pet, and those were toss up matches. With our low rating, we started to get more of those and finally hit our 50. We did 2 more just to make sure.
Image
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

User avatar
Elmarc
Top Rater
 
Posts: 56
Joined: November 22nd, 2010
Pet Score: 4423
BattleTag®: Elmarc#2151
Realm: Azjol-Nerub-EU

Re: Murkimus Arena Pet

Postby Elmarc » December 29th, 2015, 6:46 pm

I really hope it comes back as well. When it was possible to get this pet blizzard made problems with my payment and i was not getting accepted to join the arena thing. Because of that I missed out on the pet. I was really bummed to find out it didnt get continued on a yearly bases.


Return to Pet Collecting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Paladance and 3 guests