Easy RAF pets this weekend

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Yukio
Pet Score:10716
Realm:Illidan-us
Easy RAF pets this weekend

Post by Yukio » November 25th, 2015, 8:37 pm

If you're missing the RAF pets this is a friendly reminder that they are easy and cheap to get this weekend.

While logged into wow click on the RAF icon on the friends list and send an invite to the same email address as your battle net account. When you click the link in the email it will add an additional WOW account (wow2, wow3, etc.). You can upgrade the account to a full version for $5 right now via the Blizzard store. After that add two months of game time via either paying $15/month via Blizzard store or use the in-game tokens. Ship two to a character on your new account.

Each account you upgrade like this will add one month of game time to your main WOW account and allow you to select one of the RAF rewards. There are several pets that can only be obtained this way.

The ability to add game time via gold turns this Black Friday sale into a $5 pet sale from Blizzard. :D

Valielina
Top Rater

Re: Easy RAF pets this weekend

Post by Valielina » November 25th, 2015, 10:00 pm

Brilliant! Thank you so much for posting this, I wasn't even thinking of it. Now I will for sure be finishing off the last of the RAF's that I need :D

Yukio
Pet Score:10716
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Yukio » November 25th, 2015, 10:57 pm

Valielina wrote:Brilliant! Thank you so much for posting this,
Anytime. And those game tokens make it super cheap now.

Beastlyserenity
Pet Score:3133
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Beastlyserenity » November 26th, 2015, 12:50 am

Yukio wrote:If you're missing the RAF pets this is a friendly reminder that they are easy and cheap to get this weekend.

While logged into wow click on the RAF icon on the friends list and send an invite to the same email address as your battle net account. When you click the link in the email it will add an additional WOW account (wow2, wow3, etc.). You can upgrade the account to a full version for $5 right now via the Blizzard store. After that add two months of game time via either paying $15/month via Blizzard store or use the in-game tokens. Ship two to a character on your new account.

Each account you upgrade like this will add one month of game time to your main WOW account and allow you to select one of the RAF rewards. There are several pets that can only be obtained this way.

The ability to add game time via gold turns this Black Friday sale into a $5 pet sale from Blizzard. :D
Ty for this

Edit:
Also you said 'this weekend' does that mean its not going to last past this week? I thought it would last until Jan 2nd.

Nid
Pet Score:13544
Realm:Stormscale-eu

Post by Nid » November 26th, 2015, 3:13 am

Awesome, as someone who's played wow for a long time I have no friends so thought I'd no chance of getting these.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13586
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » November 26th, 2015, 4:19 am

wowraf subreddit can also be used if you wanna find someone to either split cost or for it not to go to waste.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » November 26th, 2015, 4:36 am

I did this last night, and I'm not sure how long you have to wait? I did exactly as per the instructions shown, and my main account is showing "No RAF rewards available"

I think I had the same issue last time, and it took a GM to sort it. Annoying, since I have 3 pets to get :(

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 26th, 2015, 11:34 am

Index wrote:I did this last night, and I'm not sure how long you have to wait? I did exactly as per the instructions shown, and my main account is showing "No RAF rewards available"

I think I had the same issue last time, and it took a GM to sort it. Annoying, since I have 3 pets to get :(
It takes 7 days from the moment game time was applied and registered to the RAF account(s). So if you applied 2 months worth of game time on Wednesday, you'll be eligible for the rewards next Wednesday.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Index

Post by Index » November 26th, 2015, 12:01 pm

Ahhh awesome, thanks Quint :)

Might just go slap the other two RAF accounts up tonight, save me waiting any longer :)

Cheers!

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » November 26th, 2015, 12:39 pm

Keep in mind that if you're using a standard credit card subscription, it will take longer.

Since RAF accounts come with 1 month free game time, your card won't be charged until the free month is up, meaning Blizzard won't recognize that you've added 2 month's worth of game time to the RAF account. You'll have to wait a month + 7 days before you're eligible for the rewards.

However if you don't want to wait, apply game time that's purchased directly from the [url=https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft-game-time]Blizzard Store[/url] instead; it will be applied to the account immediately. Same goes for the WoW Tokens.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » November 26th, 2015, 2:22 pm

Ok. I must be too thick for this.

I got it all until the subscription part, i cant for the life of me figure out how to add 2 single months of game time vis-a-vis a subscription.
Only option is a physical game card, which I dont have.....

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » November 26th, 2015, 2:41 pm

Buruan wrote:I got it all until the subscription part, i cant for the life of me figure out how to add 2 single months of game time vis-a-vis a subscription.
Only option is a physical game card, which I dont have.....
Head over to the Blizzard Store or follow this link: https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft-game-time

Select the 30 Days option and hit Buy Now. Battle.net will prompt you to log in, and then you'll come to a page where you can select which account to apply the 30 Days game time.

Figure out which account is the RAF one (for me, it's WoW1, WoW2, Wow3, etc. but it could be different for you), and select that account for the game time. Do this one more time for the same RAF account and you'll be good to go in 7 days for one RAF pet!

Alternatively, you can purchase WoW Tokens while logged in on your RAF account. I don't have any experience doing this, though, so someone else will need to chime in and explain the WoW Token process for RAF. ^^;;

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » November 26th, 2015, 3:37 pm

Thanks Quint.
I figured it out after posting :oops:

Blizz wants you to subscribe so after signing up you wont see the options.

I tried the Tokens, but stupidly bought them on my main account... Ah well, 60k to blow on AH pets.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 26th, 2015, 3:44 pm

Does this sale only last the weekend?
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » November 26th, 2015, 4:35 pm

The sale ends January 4, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PST -- plenty of time! :D
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19966673/tis-the-season-give-the-gift-of-wow-75-off-11-24-2015

Angelcat2887
Pet Score:11102
BattleTag®:Angel2887#2347
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Angelcat2887 » November 26th, 2015, 7:48 pm

Stupid question.

i know you can use the tokens and use a card on your account but can i use a gamecard that has 60 days on it? will that count as two months for the RAF??

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678

Post by FuxieDK » November 27th, 2015, 2:19 am

Sadly, for a LOT of people, there is no easy way of getting RaF pets/mounts..

I live in a country, Denmark, where RaF and SoR is illegal, and thus Blizzard have blocked the features on all accounts in my country (and other countries in similar situation)..

Explanation: When 3rd party (you) endorse a product (WoW) that costs money (purchase and subscription), the endorser (you) are not allowed to reap any benefits (e.g. in-game pets, discount on sub etc)..

Index

Post by Index » November 27th, 2015, 5:09 am

I used tokens on each of the RAF accounts, total cost in the EU was around 370k!!!

Since I was not using the gold for anything else, this is totaly worth it. £10.50 real money for 3 pets :) Roll on next Friday :P

Index

Post by Index » November 27th, 2015, 5:12 am

Angelcat2887 wrote:Stupid question.

i know you can use the tokens and use a card on your account but can i use a gamecard that has 60 days on it? will that count as two months for the RAF??
I did this first time round, and can confirm this worked (after contacting a GM, though that was account issues) fine.

Angelcat2887
Pet Score:11102
BattleTag®:Angel2887#2347

Post by Angelcat2887 » November 27th, 2015, 6:01 am

Index wrote:
Angelcat2887 wrote:Stupid question.

I did this first time round, and can confirm this worked (after contacting a GM, though that was account issues) fine.
Thanks Index, good to know, looks like ill be getting my pets after payday :D