Share pet collecting news and advice.
Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us
Re: Easy RAF pets this weekend

Post by Opallena » December 2nd, 2015, 7:07 pm

Sometimes an extra hour or so to claim the reward, I did an RAF when the Cindermane Charger came out and it was roughly 7days+an hour before I was able to pick a reward. Don't panic if it doesn't pop up right on the minute.

Corah
Pet Score:13318
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Corah » December 2nd, 2015, 8:20 pm

Quintessence wrote: Haven't used the Token method myself, but I don't think you can trade/mail the Token between accounts. Anyone that's used this method to purchase game time for a RAF account, please share your experience!

You cannot mail the tokens, but you can mail the gold and then buy the token on the other account.

Rhapture
MVP
Pet Score:9806
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Rhapture » December 2nd, 2015, 10:04 pm

Just a heads up for those that do more than one RAF at the same time. I completed all of mine on 11/25 and it took me about an hour total to create four accounts and trade them gold from my main to buy the tokens. I had initially expected that I would have all of my RAF pets all at once because of this, but it was actually staggered so they arrived every 2 or so hours throughout the day today. So expect a delay between each reward if you have more than one incoming. :D

Index
Pet Score:12793
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » December 3rd, 2015, 7:39 am

I did my first one last Thursday, so hopefully I should get one tonight. The other two will be tomorrow, QQ

Apart from the ridonculously pricey CE stuff, that's all I can get. Until Legion. Woo!

Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saviya » December 3rd, 2015, 9:14 am

Can you give the accounts money for tokens as soon as they're active, even if they're not tied to your bnet account?

Ismenot
Pet Score:11226
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Ismenot » December 3rd, 2015, 9:47 am

Radiante wrote:It kind of sucks that you cannot remove the extra accounts. Gonna get confusing lol!

This I dont understand..... Why make an RAF account in your own account?

I Always just make new accounts when I RAF my self

It is easier and has alot of benefist ( sorry my english not good lol)
And if you got familie then you can give them the account if they want

Ismenot
Pet Score:11226
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Ismenot » December 3rd, 2015, 9:53 am

Saviya wrote:Can you give the accounts money for tokens as soon as they're active, even if they're not tied to your bnet account?
After you have used the World of Warcraft code ( which cost now EUR 4.99 ), then that account is an normal account that you can play with for a month, as it has a free month.... meaning you can do what ever you want... because it is NOT an trial account.
So yes you can trade gold to that account, so it can buy a token it self

A trial account can do nothing at all.You can not even trade or buy things or mail anything with a trail account

Rhapture
MVP
Pet Score:9806
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Rhapture » December 3rd, 2015, 7:37 pm

Saviya wrote:Can you give the accounts money for tokens as soon as they're active, even if they're not tied to your bnet account?
I did it by running two WoW games at once. I created a NE and ran them to Darnassus to meet my main that was waiting there. I just opened a trade to give them the gold and then bought the two tokens.

Index

Post by Index » December 4th, 2015, 5:25 am

Well, Thursday has been and gone, and no RAF reward offered as of yet. I did two more last Friday, hoping I don't have to contact a GM to get them all sorted!

Cronight
Pet Score:3876
Realm:Dragonmaw-eu

Post by Cronight » December 4th, 2015, 1:49 pm

hmm...still waiting for my reward, even 7 days pass before 45min...

Cronight
Pet Score:3876
Realm:Dragonmaw-eu

Post by Cronight » December 4th, 2015, 2:07 pm

Cronight wrote:hmm...still waiting for my reward, even 7 days pass before 45min...

ehh just got my reward before 5 min...xD

Index

Post by Index » December 5th, 2015, 4:16 am

Derp! I found the rewards IN GAME via the o key (same place you go to send the invite in the first place) though it's not very clear in any of Blizz instructions where to find them!

Happy RAF'ing guys and gals :)

Necromortis
Pet Score:9934
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by Necromortis » December 5th, 2015, 5:16 am

Dang, this thread got me excited at first, then I realized...it's $20 a pet. Better than $50, but still too much for me. I guess if you have a ton of gold to spend on tokens it's different, but if I took every bit of gold from every character I have, I'd probably have around 60k gold...not even enough for 2 months game time(just under 36k a token on Alleria). Maybe willing to do 1, but that's about my limit. Actually, thinking about it, I'm more likely to get one of the mounts than the pets...

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370

Post by Jerebear » December 5th, 2015, 8:00 am

Index wrote:Derp! I found the rewards IN GAME via the o key (same place you go to send the invite in the first place) though it's not very clear in any of Blizz instructions where to find them!

Happy RAF'ing guys and gals :)
Yeah I don't like how there aren't a lot of indications in game on how it will play out.

Just for those others who are struggling, the blizzard official instructions:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/recruit-a-friend

The list box contains a section call "Veteran's Rewards". Select that. On the bottom of that page contains steps on how to claim your rewards.

Also:

If you select the "how it works" option instead, they provide a video which also shows how to redeem rewards (starts at 1:15) so you can visually see how it is done.

Hopefully that helps out others!
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370

Post by Jerebear » December 5th, 2015, 8:05 am

Some of the things that bother me about the process:
1. I'm not sure how to verify that the RAF link worked on a single computer. I am not able to run multiple copies of WoW on my computer, so I have no clue if I successfully linked my accounts or if I messed up the process. I tried mailing a small bit of money to my RAF character, but that leads to #2:

2. I upgraded my starter account to the battle chest and BNET shows that, but in game it still treats me as a starter account, so I can't do mail or trade with people.

Both of those make me anxious to spend any large sums of gold or money to add game time. I did take a chance and bought 1 month of game time from the blizzard store, added it to my RAF account (which doesn't have a subscription setup), but I never got a month of gametime added to my main account (maybe it also takes 7 days?). All of this makes me nervous.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Corah
Pet Score:13318

Post by Corah » December 5th, 2015, 8:54 am

I got my refer a pet friend extra month, you can see it on your subscription payment history. Mine's listed as pending as it will activate in February. I did the refer a friend last week, and it popped up today.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 5th, 2015, 3:23 pm

Jerebear wrote:Some of the things that bother me about the process:
1. I'm not sure how to verify that the RAF link worked on a single computer. I am not able to run multiple copies of WoW on my computer, so I have no clue if I successfully linked my accounts or if I messed up the process. I tried mailing a small bit of money to my RAF character, but that leads to #2:

2. I upgraded my starter account to the battle chest and BNET shows that, but in game it still treats me as a starter account, so I can't do mail or trade with people.

Both of those make me anxious to spend any large sums of gold or money to add game time. I did take a chance and bought 1 month of game time from the blizzard store, added it to my RAF account (which doesn't have a subscription setup), but I never got a month of gametime added to my main account (maybe it also takes 7 days?). All of this makes me nervous.
I did it without running a 2nd copy of WoW - it's not a "fast" process but not hard. I bought 4 copies of the battlechest, then sent myself 4 RAF requests in-game. I accepted the RAF requests and then upgraded each new account with a battlechest. Logged in and made 1 toon on each account on the realms where I had funds for tokens, and ran them to the nearest AH. I then logged back to my main account, mailed out money for the tokens, and waited for prices to drop to an acceptable threshold. Bought 2 tokens on each toon, then sent the remaining money back to my main account.

Double checked and all my RAF accounts now show 2 months gametime. All the rewards kick in after 7 days I believe, including the extra subscription time. If you're really unsure if it's working, I would suggest waiting out the 7 days and checking then if the extra subscription time got added.

Not sure why your account isn't working like an upgraded account if it shows up like that on bnet. Mine upgraded instantly. Make sure the battlenet chest was applied to the correct WoW account if you're running multiple accounts under one battlenet account.

Solana
Top Rater

Post by Solana » December 8th, 2015, 12:23 pm

Jerebear wrote:Some of the things that bother me about the process:

You don't need to run multiple copies of WoW on a computer to verify the linked accounts. If you look at your Battle.net window you will see a drop down box under region/account that allows you to see all of your accounts (WoW 1, WoW 2, WoW 3, etc.) and just how much game time has been applied to each account. After you create new accounts they are subject to temporary restrictions for up to 72 hours after creation as Blizzard must manually process each new request. If the restrictions have not been lifted after 72 hours you can contact customer service for assistance. It took less than 24 hours for my restrictions to disappear between last Tuesday and Wednesday. Seven days after you have added two months of game time to your new account you will be eligible for both a RAF reward and a month of game time added to your main account. Hope this helps clear some things up for you.

Colar
Pet Score:3979
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Colar » December 8th, 2015, 2:32 pm

Ok got 4 accounts RAF'd with battlechest and 2 months each added. Now I just got to wait and see in 7 days if I messed up anything or if I got 4 new pets and 4 "free" months.