Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sayulita
Top Rater
Pet Score:4386
BattleTag®:Ishtar#1538
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-us
Re: Madja's Fifth Friendly Raffle - Special Edition (Any Reg

Post by Sayulita » November 5th, 2015, 6:23 pm

I'll counter your Frigid Frostling with my Eternal Strider, an aquatic pet, which has a bonus of 50% damage to elemental pets. I'll use Water Jet and Pump for damage, and Healing Wave in between, to keep my pet well healed.

Hybridpluto
Pet Score:3126
BattleTag®:HybridPluto#1838
Realm:Azgalor-us

Post by Hybridpluto » November 5th, 2015, 7:17 pm

I would use a Jade Owl to counter the Eternal Strider. Magic pet for less damage from the aquatic moves and a move set of it's own that includes flying abilities for additional damage and an avoidance move in Lift Off.

Kerenok
Pet Score:4358
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Kerenok » November 5th, 2015, 11:33 pm

I would use An Emerald Proto-whelp to counter the Jade Owl. I would use Emerald Bite for damage, emerald presence for defense, and emerald dream for the great heals

Ryu99

Post by Ryu99 » November 6th, 2015, 5:21 am

I would use An Emerald Proto-whelp to counter the Jade Owl. I would use Emerald Bite for damage, emerald presence for defense, and emerald dream for the great heals
To counter the Emerald Proto-whelp i would use Scourged Whelpling. Strong Undead pet with Call Darkness to reduce the healing on the Emerald Proto Whelp and can do good damage to it.

Angelcat2887
Pet Score:11102
BattleTag®:Angel2887#2347
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Angelcat2887 » November 6th, 2015, 10:02 am

vs a scourged whelping i would use a pygmy cow.

hes a critter so strong vs undead pets, i have found stampede to always be a good skill with its debuf really changing some matches, Mothers milk is great for healing up something not a lot of critters have, and where's the beef? to counter any big damage dealers. :D

Vilnar
Pet Score:2435
BattleTag®:Vilnar#2882
Realm:Aggra (Português)-eu

Post by Vilnar » November 6th, 2015, 1:23 pm

Against Pygmy cow, i would use her nemesis: Alterac Brew-Pup.

Apart from the fact that its a beast, that counters critters, i would love to see a background healing show off between a cow and a dog =P

Kionine
Pet Score:13736
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Kionine » November 6th, 2015, 2:14 pm

I pick my [pet]Dragon Kite[/pet] to face your [pet]Alterac Brew-Pup[/pet].
The puppy - however tough it might be in snow and cold - will falter before my [ability]Call Lightning[/ability] - and the feeble beastly attacks of the puppy, will fall short of my high-flying kite!

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » November 7th, 2015, 3:53 pm

I take my [pet]Servant of Demidos[/pet] to crush your [pet]Dragon Kite[/pet].
His [ability]Soulrush[/ability] and [ability]Magic Sword[/ability] will hurt you,
while I keep myself up with [ability]Siphon Anima[/ability].

Alliesan
Pet Score:2093
Realm:Shadowmoon-us

Post by Alliesan » November 7th, 2015, 9:16 pm

I choose my [pet]Lil' Deathwing[/pet] to annihilate your [pet]Servant of Demidos[/pet] since 5 out of 6 of his attacks are strong vs magic.
He will Scorch the earth beneath your feet with [ability]Cataclysm[/ability] and his damage against you will be enhanced by [ability]Roll[/ability]. After 3 rounds [ability]Elementium bolt [/ability] will rain down and finish you off quickly.

Smokey84
Pet Score:3208
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Smokey84 » November 7th, 2015, 9:38 pm

Alliesan wrote:I choose my [pet]Lil' Deathwing[/pet] to annihilate your [pet]Servant of Demidos[/pet] since 5 out of 6 of his attacks are strong vs magic.
He will Scorch the earth beneath your feet with [ability]Cataclysm[/ability] and his damage against you will be enhanced by [ability]Roll[/ability]. After 3 rounds [ability]Elementium bolt [/ability] will rain down and finish you off quickly.
ill go with my Anubisath Idol to counter Lil' Deathwing.

Crush for obvious reasons to smash a dragon in the face.
Dodge for his Elementium Bolt.
and Sandstorm to make his less accurate hard hitting attacks even less accurate.

Shirel
Pet Score:9013
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Post by Shirel » November 7th, 2015, 11:19 pm

To counter your Idol, i choose my Fel Pup.

The best weak to smash, further crowching to avoid almost all damage will howl and diseased bite to land heavy hits through your sandstorm!

Yoruseibaa
Pet Score:5617
Realm:Malorne-us

Post by Yoruseibaa » November 8th, 2015, 12:01 am

I would use Draenei Micro Defender to combat your Fel Pup.

I would use metal plate to halve the damage from Vengeance and I would use Ion Cannon to finish it off.
And it would also take less damage.

Ama
Top Rater
Pet Score:9688
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Ama » November 8th, 2015, 12:09 pm

To counter your Pandaren Fire Spirit, I choose Gahz'rooki.

Elementals are weak to aquatic attacks and this one has 3 abilities that fit. Whirlpool, Swallow You Whole and Tail Slap.
Plus, who doesn't love a cute but deadly little hydra to play with?! :P

Druzy
Pet Score:4598
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Druzy » November 8th, 2015, 12:38 pm

To counter Gahz'rooki, I choose Darkmoon Hatchling.
Whirlpool will lose effective stun. Peck, Screech, and Flock. Bonus damage inflicted with Flying attacks yet no mitigation for Critter family from Aquatic.

Jclement30
Pet Score:1785
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Jclement30 » November 8th, 2015, 5:06 pm

The Darkmoon Hatchling is an interesting one to counter. It's a critter....that is using flying and beast attacks.

I've got to go with the old trustworthy Anubisath Idol. while this humanoid may lose the bonus armor from this critter's non-critter attacks, Sandstorm and the humanoids own health recovery should help mitigate a lot of damage from flock. Just spam Crush and try to deflect flock from time to time.

Anubisath Idol. Crush - Sandstorm - Deflection.

Nidawi
Pet Score:2334
BattleTag®:Nidawi#2907
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Nidawi » November 8th, 2015, 9:12 pm

Humanoids are such a drag to deal with. Spiders are usually the best to go with, but seeing how the idol has an anti-beast attack, and how spiders' undead-type attack has a long cooldown, it might not be optimal.

The idol also diverges from the typical matchup, using abilities that are strong against Beasts, Dragonkin, Mechs, and Aquatics... I'd have to go with something else.

My choice would be the Ghastly Kid. Being Undead, it takes less damage should the Idol choose Crush. Otherwise it takes standard damage from everything else. It additionally has several abilities that are strong against Humanoids, such as a stun. Diseased Bite is the go-to ability, as it counters humanoids. Second is a bit more tricky, as both have potential. While the Idol has no negative effects to dispel, its Sandstorm (should it choose that ability) already offers damage reduction, which means that I, at least believe, that the heal (Consume Magic) would be more effective, especially since the idol has no strong abilities against the Ghastly Kid which would make Ethereal more valuable. Third ability would be Ghostly Bite, for the stun it provides. This would have to be used after baiting Deflection, should the idol choose to go with that ability.

Conclusion: Ghastly Kid (Diseased Bite, Consume Magic, Ghostly Bite)

Petzy
Pet Score:11826
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Petzy » November 9th, 2015, 12:20 pm

Nidawi wrote:Humanoids are such a drag to deal with. Spiders are usually the best to go with, but seeing how the idol has an anti-beast attack, and how spiders' undead-type attack has a long cooldown, it might not be optimal.

The idol also diverges from the typical matchup, using abilities that are strong against Beasts, Dragonkin, Mechs, and Aquatics... I'd have to go with something else.

My choice would be the Ghastly Kid. Being Undead, it takes less damage should the Idol choose Crush. Otherwise it takes standard damage from everything else. It additionally has several abilities that are strong against Humanoids, such as a stun. Diseased Bite is the go-to ability, as it counters humanoids. Second is a bit more tricky, as both have potential. While the Idol has no negative effects to dispel, its Sandstorm (should it choose that ability) already offers damage reduction, which means that I, at least believe, that the heal (Consume Magic) would be more effective, especially since the idol has no strong abilities against the Ghastly Kid which would make Ethereal more valuable. Third ability would be Ghostly Bite, for the stun it provides. This would have to be used after baiting Deflection, should the idol choose to go with that ability.

Conclusion: Ghastly Kid (Diseased Bite, Consume Magic, Ghostly Bite)
I don't know if it's a good choice or not but I like my Leopard Tree Frog against undead. Usually Tongue Lash-Healing Wave-Swarm of Flies, but I have been known to forget to look & use Frog Kiss :roll:

Ivanstone
Pet Score:11804
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ivanstone » November 9th, 2015, 10:41 pm

Petzy wrote: I don't know if it's a good choice or not but I like my Leopard Tree Frog against undead. Usually Tongue Lash-Healing Wave-Swarm of Flies, but I have been known to forget to look & use Frog Kiss :roll:
I would counter the Frog with a Lovebird Hatchling. Whilst not possessing a counter against the Frog's damage, it isn't vulnerable to any either. As a critter, it can't be stunned by Frog Kiss. It was two abilities that counter aquatics: Predatory Strike and Alpha Strike. The latter will usually be useful since the Lovebird is at worst of equal speed to the fastest Leopard Tree Frog. Finally, it can use Lovestruck to stun before a potential heal.

Summary: Lovebird Hatchling (Alpha Strike/Lovestruck/Predatory Strike)

Aquitas
Pet Score:12790
BattleTag®:Aquitas333#1619
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Aquitas » November 10th, 2015, 10:45 am

I would use a perky pug to counter the lovebird hatchling. It is a critter with beast attacks. Critter racial renders lovestruck ineffective, burrow to avoid attacks, and bite both are beast attacks which are strong against critters plus a heal with buried treasure. Perky pug, bite, buried treasure, burrow

Aqui