Share pet collecting news and advice.
Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
More past pets to come?

Post by Voskres » October 22nd, 2015, 6:38 pm

1st it was the RAF pets that were reintroduced.

Then Mini Thor with the new SC2 CE.

Now Terky come around.

Makes me think that maybe Blizz is trying to bring past, mostly unobtainable in western world, pets back for future consumption?

Additionally, Blizz has taken steps in the past to try and curb ebay/3rd Party selling.

More Murloc Eggs?

11th Anniv coming up?

Olympics in 2016?

Maybe the next rumored xpac for D3 would make a CE bundle available for Fetish Shaman? (Like the SC2 Bundle)

Can you imagine having Mini Ty as the CE pet for the new D3 xpac?

Maybe even a full WoW CE bundle when Legion is packaged?

What ideas and ungetables do you think might happen in future?

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: More past pets to come?

Post by FuxieDK » October 23rd, 2015, 1:20 am

100% sure, more are comming --> https://mobile.twitter.com/muffinus/status/655622054478147584

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » October 23rd, 2015, 5:41 am

I want the Olympics dragon so badly... one of the five I can never get unless they re-release the Vampire Batling. Which they should ;) And trio of CE Vanilla Wow pets? Yes please!

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » October 23rd, 2015, 9:04 am

I think they should re-release the China-only pets so they are available in the West, as it seems really unfair to release certain pets in one area only for no particular reason.

However, I don't think they should do that with the super rare collectors pets that WERE available here, as those were for special ocassions and should remain special. Yes, that means I am NEVER going to have Mini Tyrael, Gurky or Murky but I'm good with that.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Madja » October 23rd, 2015, 9:40 am

I'm fairly certain they will release a Diablo 3 bundle once the third expansion is released. It would be odd if they didn't, now that they did it with Starcraft 2.

I'm a bit torn on the CE pets. I'd love to have the Classic pets, but it also feels a bit douche-baggy to say something is exclusive, only to make it freely available later on.

I'd love to see the previously unavailable pets be made available. By that I mean the ones that were exclusive to other regions. Looks like we are getting them, though :)

It would also be awesome if they did more Olympic and Arena Realm events, as I kind of thought that they were going to be regular events.
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Zookeeperskruffy
Pet Score:4227
Realm:Shandris-us

Post by Zookeeperskruffy » October 31st, 2015, 12:39 am

I would kill for the Shaman pet ROFLMAO

Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Elmarc » October 31st, 2015, 3:49 am

Ever since I didnt get a win during the olympics festivities to grab the spirit of competition i hoped they would do it again on a 4y bases. I don't think the pets that were gotten ingame will be back again though. It seems to be ones that were obtained outside of the game that make it back in one way or another (RAF for golden pig etc). The twitter reaction seems promising for more to be obtained in a later stage. As mentioned above fetish shaman seems likely and possibly even the full set of WoW CE ... Maybe they will do the same for that pet that was EU only from tbc-ce.

Colar
Pet Score:3979
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Colar » October 31st, 2015, 4:50 am

A long time ago there used to be a page on Blizzard site that seemed to suggest they would do Olympics every 2 years. It was taken down not long after 2010 passed without any event.

When I did the 2008 event, my alt won it on her very first one. My main did maybe 200 BG runs and never got the pet so I was sad when it ended until some years later when they made pets account wide.

I do hope they will release the past CE pets. I am not spending $2,000 for a sealed vanilla WoW CE box just to get 3 pets. :shock: BE CE box set is also pricey as it was discontinued not long before I started WoW.

Gracin
Pet Score:3449
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Gracin » October 31st, 2015, 9:29 am

I understand those who were able to get the old CE pets might be a little upset about them being re-released, but it's gotten pretty ridiculous on ebay to try and get not only Vanilla Ce, but BC through Cata as well. Cata comes in the cheapest at around $80 USD, but that's a lot of money to invest for an in game pet. Then you throw in the events that were only available in Asia, and all this was years before battle pets were even a suggestion at Blizzard.

I'll be fine if I never have the entire collection, but I would rather not be able to get the entire collection because of bad luck rng on drops. I don't want to be shorted, simply because I didn't have the foresight years in advance to buy CE's just for pets that had no value at the time other than to take up bag space and follow you around.

Nir
Pet Score:6066
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Nir » November 9th, 2015, 1:03 pm

I'm pretty sure we'll see something like that very soon (6.2.3), It's really fun when they manage to surprise us like that, and I believe they noticed the positive reaction from the pet lovers.
Anyhow, regarding the tweet "The next one will be... sneakier", I have a feeling it was also some kind of a hint, that it'll be found around snakes :)

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » November 9th, 2015, 1:08 pm

Nir wrote:I'm pretty sure we'll see something like that very soon (6.2.3), It's really fun when they manage to surprise us like that, and I believe they noticed the positive reaction from the pet lovers.
Anyhow, regarding the tweet "The next one will be... sneakier", I have a feeling it was also some kind of a hint, that it'll be found around snakes :)
A Zul'Gurub area? Now that's a story.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507