Shinii
Top Rater

Pet Score: 4772
BattleTag®: Shini#1888
Realm: Zul'jin-US

Had to reinstall windows and lost all addons

Postby Shinii » October 20th, 2015, 12:29 pm

Greetings friends!
Recently My Computer crashed and would not boot up :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: so i reinstalled windows, re-downloaded wow and some of my add-ons. :( The Problem I am having is that i can not remember which add-ons i had, the settings for each add-on and my many many pet teams I have created over the years.

This is a good time for me to get new addons, pet teams and more! So if you have any suggestions please send them my way. I am asking the Warcraftpets community for help :!: :!: If you have any great add-ons, teams ect then reply and tell me! :ugeek:

Shingetsu

Pet Score: 4288
Realm: Mal'Ganis-EU

Re: Had to reinstall windows and lost all addons

Postby Shingetsu » October 20th, 2015, 1:28 pm

Hello!

Addon recommendations:

Rematch is awesome. You can create teams and link them to a target (i.e. Trainer). There's a possibility to auto-load those teams if you mouse-over a target. You can share does teams with your friends; both in-game and with strings which you can later import. The author does have an account here too and there is even a feedback thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14916

Other than that I don't use too many addons for pet battles.

The only other addon I'm using is PetTracker. It comes with several modules. But I only activate PetTracker and PetTracker_Breeds. It shows the breeds of pets and also shows the cooldowns of the opponents pets. But it's currently not up to date. I tried fixing some of the errors myself, but judging from the ticket system of CurseForge there are still other issues, which I probably do not encounter, because I don't use all of the modules.

So I would not currently recommend it, there are probably other addons which do the same. Personally I love the cooldown display part so I stick to PetTracker. :)

Teams:

Here are some really good threads:

Oh.. and you might also like those websites:

Linga

Pet Score: 2934
Realm: Turalyon-EU

Postby Linga » October 20th, 2015, 3:04 pm

Oh that sucks, Shinii, to have your pc just die like that. I hope you are up and running fully again.

That Rematch addon sounds very interesting, so I'll give it a try :)

Melmo
MVP

Pet Score: 4457
BattleTag®: Melmo#1842
Realm: Whisperwind-US

Postby Melmo » October 20th, 2015, 6:26 pm

I can export you all my teams from Rematch if you'd like, I honestly don't know how to do that because I just started using Rematch a week ago, but I'm sure I can figure it out ;) I have good levelling teams for all the grand master tamers, the panda spirits, Erris/Kura, most of the menagerie posts, and the Draenor tamers. I don't have teams for the Beasts of Fable (don't do them) and the Tanaan Legendaries though.

The only other pet-related addons I use are Battle Pet BreedID, Battle Pet Battle Stats, Auto Safari Hat (because it automatically accepts/turns in tamer quests--good time saver!) and Battle Pet Daily Tamer.

Also, if you make a Curse account you can keep track of all addons you use if you add them to your favorites. It also tells you what addons were updated recently. I do not use the Curse Client (I am a mild control freak and like doing things myself, lol) but you can manually update any addon from there and if your computer ever crashes again you have a list of all your addons :D

Shingetsu

Pet Score: 4288
Realm: Mal'Ganis-EU

Postby Shingetsu » October 21st, 2015, 12:04 pm

Melmo wrote:I can export you all my teams from Rematch if you'd like, I honestly don't know how to do that because I just started using Rematch a week ago, but I'm sure I can figure it out ;)

Click on a tab with the right mousebutton and choose "export tab".
You can choose if you want to include your notes and preferences. Then simply copy & paste it.
Of couse you can do the same with a single team, too.

Return to Pet Collecting