Stout Elemental grind not that bad

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us
Stout Elemental grind not that bad

Post by Ranok » September 23rd, 2015, 11:51 pm

Okay, it's Brewfest. But first day you rack up lots of tokens from the one-time quests, faster if you know a friendly mage to portal you around. Also get the hang of the silly ram racing dailies. Then it's just being patient and working through another 3 or 4 days.

Hint to make the ram racing easier, make a macro -- /click ExtraActionButton1 -- and assign it to a toolbar key, easier to hit keyboard key to keep ram moving at right speed instead of having to mouse click on the screen.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Stout Elemental grind not that bad

Post by Quintessence » September 23rd, 2015, 11:56 pm

I agree, the grind for the Stout Alemental wasn't bad at all. A pleasant surprise plus a new pet! :)

You can also assign a keybind to the Extra Action Button. I believe it's under Action Buttons/Bar in the Keybinds window.

Whichever you prefer, keybind or macro, do it before you start the ram racing quests. The quest to collect as many tokens as you can within 4 minutes starts very abruptly, so you want to be ready with your bind/macro.

Don't forget to kill the holiday boss once per day for tokens too. GL everyone!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Elmarc » September 24th, 2015, 12:40 am

Actually you get an item in your bags when you start the quest, you can also drag that to the action bar and spam the keyboard as mentioned above, but without making a macro. (I am not that great with making macro's)

Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saviya » September 24th, 2015, 12:50 am

If you do the dailies (including the invasion and coren) you can get 200 in 2 days. I used alts to get 2 of the pets for me and hubby, all the new toys. love that we don't have to get seriously drunk to do these anymore!

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » September 24th, 2015, 1:48 pm

Elmarc wrote:Actually you get an item in your bags when you start the quest, you can also drag that to the action bar and spam the keyboard as mentioned above, but without making a macro. (I am not that great with making macro's)
Perhaps they have not changed the quest on the EU servers yet, but we no longer get that item on the US servers and accompanying regions. Which is why the macro came into play to start with. I was still able to get everything the second day, but that macro was a ten token difference between the first toon I ran through and the rest.

Mrbeankc
Pet Score:4299
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Mrbeankc » September 25th, 2015, 5:09 am

Got the pet and all the new toys in 3 days using 3 toons (only needed 1 toon for last day). The big thing is the ram riding. You can get a lot of the Brewfest tokens just from that. They also nerfed it so it's even easier than in past years. So much so that it's mind numbing in it's tedioum. Easy for your mind to start wandering and you run off course. Glad I only had to do it a few days.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » September 29th, 2015, 2:29 am

Elemental isn't bad.. 3 days or so...

The problem is, all the new toys this year, is an additional 700 tokens, not to mention the Wolpertinger/PintElephant (for the slow collectors) and possibly the costumes..

Crackrock
Top Rater
Pet Score:2965
BattleTag®:Ryan187#1813
Realm:Stonemaul-us

Post by Crackrock » September 30th, 2015, 3:21 pm

Quintessence wrote:You can also assign a keybind to the Extra Action Button. I believe it's under Action Buttons/Bar in the Keybinds window.
And the mousewheel is perfect for these type of things!

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » October 1st, 2015, 10:25 pm

Aurae wrote:
Elmarc wrote:Actually you get an item in your bags when you start the quest, you can also drag that to the action bar and spam the keyboard as mentioned above, but without making a macro. (I am not that great with making macro's)
Perhaps they have not changed the quest on the EU servers yet, but we no longer get that item on the US servers and accompanying regions. Which is why the macro came into play to start with. I was still able to get everything the second day, but that macro was a ten token difference between the first toon I ran through and the rest.
I have this item in the bags of each character I do the race on and I play on US servers.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » October 2nd, 2015, 7:57 pm

Bizarre. I never received the item on any of my toons when I was doing it at the start. It had been a habit since its release to grab the item and toss it on my 1 key for ease of use. Threw me for a loop when I went to do the same this time around and it was not there. Might have to pop back in again and see if it shows up now. o.O