Star Wars Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Cyberninja
MVP
Pet Score:11058
Realm:Dragonblight-us
Star Wars Pets

Post by Cyberninja » September 10th, 2015, 11:44 am

So I was thinking "what would be a really awesome pet to see Blizz make?" We have cats, we have dogs, we have dinosaurs, etc. etc. Then it hit me: What if Blizz stuck a deal with Lucas Arts and made Star Wars pets? How awesome would it be to battle with R2D2, C3P0, Chewbacca or Mini-Darth Vader!! I kind of got the idea because of the Darkmoon Rabbit. Blizz created him in direct reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

If they could accomplish this, the possibilities for new, awesome pets would be endless. We could be battling with Daleks and Cybermen from Doctor Who and the list goes on...I don't know about anyone else, but Pet Battling is 75% of the reason I play/have stayed with WoW.

So write your congressman-lol...I mean, let the higher ups know if you like the idea or have ideas of your own. And by higher ups, I mean Pet Battling folks with connections to Blizz like Quintessence etc. :)

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Re: Star Wars Pets

Post by Jazeel » September 10th, 2015, 4:21 pm

mini muppets would be cool

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » September 10th, 2015, 10:02 pm

I want a little rat death in memorandum of the awsomeness personified Sir Terry Prattchet :lol:

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » September 14th, 2015, 1:51 am

Drudatz wrote:I want a little rat death in memorandum of the awsomeness personified Sir Terry Prattchet :lol:
YES - 100 times yes !!!!!

Dalandius
Pet Score:13096
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » September 14th, 2015, 7:48 am

Waflob wrote:
Drudatz wrote:I want a little rat death in memorandum of the awsomeness personified Sir Terry Prattchet :lol:
YES - 100 times yes !!!!!
Yes times many! , even if I had to buy it from the shop or kill a million rats

Mrbeankc
Pet Score:4299
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Mrbeankc » September 16th, 2015, 6:04 am

For me I'd want a Dalek from Doctor Who.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » September 16th, 2015, 10:29 am

I guess it is pretty sad of me that I didn't know who Terry Prattchett is so I tried googling it, and the closest I came up with is Terry Pratchett (one less 't' in he middle) who is the author of the Discworld series among other books. I have heard of the books but have never read any, I guess there are a lot of them.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Lordblacknail
Pet Score:9097
BattleTag®:Stormey0317#1264
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Lordblacknail » September 16th, 2015, 3:54 pm

I feel for you twice. First that you have not had the pleasure of reading Terry Pratchett and second that you still have it to look forward to. Start with Night Watch number 28, then read in order. He was the best and will be missed greatly.

Waflob

Post by Waflob » September 18th, 2015, 2:09 am

I have read all the Discworld books and can highly recommend the series.
I'm curious as to your sugestion to start with numer 28. What happens there that is necessary before starting the series?

Personally, I would start with number 1 and work your way through. I found the second book to be possibly the worst (least best?) in the series, but once past that, Equal Rites and Mort are truly wonderful.

Unfortunately, the last few in the series are somewhat less than stellar, but at that point, Terry was quite ill and I think this shows.

All if this is, of course, imvho :-)

Jesjbrown
MVP
Pet Score:4219
Realm:Garona-us

Post by Jesjbrown » September 18th, 2015, 6:40 am

This seems rather obvious, but Ewok pet!

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » September 20th, 2015, 8:00 am

Morlis wrote:I guess it is pretty sad of me that I didn't know who Terry Prattchett is so I tried googling it, and the closest I came up with is Terry Pratchett (one less 't' in he middle) who is the author of the Discworld series among other books. I have heard of the books but have never read any, I guess there are a lot of them.
Yes shame on my I allways mess the t's up. And yes there are 41 books alone in the discworld series. If you like to read and like to laugh and like to read the best use of english words any author ever used don't miss out on the series and start it at #1.
a lot of other authors have been hyped and praised but Sir Terry is the shakespear of the 21th century and you shouldnt miss out on it. Plus I promise you will have LOTS of laughs while reading his books.

yes, a lil'Dalek would be freaking awsome too but to be honest Dr Who/Pratchett are toooo UK for Blizzard to ever put them in....

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » September 20th, 2015, 8:37 am

Whoa Drudatz
"...the best use of English words any author ever used..."

Discworld must have some merit and I'll read book 1, since I always like a new read...but there are some pretty talented authors in our history.... hard to call folks like Mark Twain, Edgar Allen Poe and Charles Dickens second rate....

I presume you exaggerated for effect....

Beastlyserenity
Pet Score:3133
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Beastlyserenity » September 21st, 2015, 9:41 pm

Star Wars pets would be awesome.

But I feel like WoW is on its way out. Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm are now making way more than WoW is.
And you can tell that Blizz is looking at their future in those games.
WoW is kind of like their disabled elderly parents that need help to keep going, and they feel bad to abandon them, but they know that soon their time will come where they will just pass on.

With that being said, I think that they wouldn't go out of the way to get a Star Wars license for WoW. Even though it would be awesome, even just for the pets.

Waflob

Post by Waflob » September 22nd, 2015, 2:17 am

Drudatz wrote: yes, a lil'Dalek would be freaking awsome too but to be honest Dr Who/Pratchett are toooo UK for Blizzard to ever put them in....
I hadn't thought of that aspect, but you're right (sadly).
This is probably the reason that we'll never get a mini Marvin (the paranoid android from HHGTTG) - much potential there for a freaking awesome pet.