Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gwen
MVP
Pet Score:8349
BattleTag®:Gwenniekins#2985
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Favourite pet and why

Post by Gwen » December 4th, 2011, 4:21 am

Topic says it all. My own favourite is and has always been the Sprite Darter Hatchling. Mainly because of the colours and its whimsy, but also because it was the first pet where I got a "Where did you get that pet!"-comment. :)
Because soulshards are pink.

Azel

Re: Favourite pet and why

Post by Azel » December 4th, 2011, 4:38 am

My mini tyrael. Boyfriend had a code from wwi. I was beyond thrilled! To this day it's my favorite pet model. He's out nearly every moment I'm playing!

Godspetproject
Top Rater
Pet Score:5309
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Godspetproject » December 4th, 2011, 7:19 am

Mine is also the Sprite Darter Hatchling. As I mentioned in another thread it is one of the pet looking pets in the game and the detail is gorgeous! Although if I did have Mini Tyrael that would probably be my favorite pet... so cool! Drool.

EDIT: Also wanted to mention that Blizz should make the Sprite a mount that would be the best day ever for me!

Phaedra
Top Rater
Pet Score:7117
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Phaedra » December 4th, 2011, 8:54 am

Whiskers has been my favorite for years. He was one of the first pets I had and while he's not the most glamarous, he's been there with me through everything. He really won me over back when I was leveling fishing. He was so animated, sniffing stuff, moving around, flipping, and playing dead, that he made leveling fishing fun.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » December 4th, 2011, 11:18 am

I actually have favorites based on what I'm doing. Mr. Grubbs is my go to fishing pet, since I just sit there casting and he does flips over me. When raiding, I normally random my pet until I get one that feels right in which ever raid I'm doing. Stinker is a favorite, because my guildies like bringing out cats to be chased.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Moritach
MVP
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Moritach » December 4th, 2011, 1:06 pm

Right now my favorite pet is the feline familiar because my gnome is wearing a scholo necromancer transmog set. ^^ Matching hats! :D

Thehermit
MVP
Pet Score:3453
BattleTag®:TheHermit#1132
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Thehermit » December 4th, 2011, 1:19 pm

Picking a favorite is so hard! Murky is definitely my most used pet but I don't think I would want to declare him as my favorite. Nuts and Singing Sunflower also come out a lot. In raids I just random a pet most of the time.

Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Ruzgofdi » December 4th, 2011, 2:15 pm

Ethereal Soul-Trader

As someone that pvps frequently, I like having a pet that "harvests souls" from other players. :D

Emberdione
MVP
Pet Score:11363
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Emberdione » December 4th, 2011, 4:35 pm

The phoenix hatchling is my favorite because I have a phoenix tattoo on my back.

Twilight
Top Rater
Pet Score:1404
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Twilight » December 4th, 2011, 10:30 pm

I have a thing for blue dragons (ever since I read The Dragonriders of Pern as a young adult) and never had any luck getting any of the whelplings to drop. My husband bought the Azure Whelpling for me, wrapped it in blue wrapping paper, and gave it to me for Christmas a few years ago. Best Winter Veil present ever! :D

Wenchie
Top Rater
Pet Score:4535
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Wenchie » December 4th, 2011, 11:15 pm

This is a surprisingly difficult question. There are two that have emotions tied to them which kind of tie for favorite: the orange tabby was my first, and the hippogryph hatchling was the one that got me started collecting. I don't pull them out often though, especially since they changed the beak on the hippogryph hatchling, changed the sounds, changed his awkwardly cute hobble... he's not the same. I think the one I pull out a lot that I'm most proud of his the celestial dragon. I love the star-formation zoom animation and it was a big milestone. If that qualifies as a favorite then that's the one.

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » December 5th, 2011, 1:12 am

I have a lot of pets that I really enjoy; it's hard to pick just one. I do adore the Netherwhelp - it's a dragon whelp AND it's sparkly.

Gwen
MVP
Pet Score:8349
BattleTag®:Gwenniekins#2985
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Gwen » December 5th, 2011, 1:47 am

Arcana wrote:I have a lot of pets that I really enjoy; it's hard to pick just one. I do adore the Netherwhelp - it's a dragon whelp AND it's sparkly.
If I had a Netherwhelp it would probably be my favourite too. I just love it. My best friend has one and he pulls it out for me whenever we run oldskool dungeons, do arena or whatever else I make him do for me. :)
Because soulshards are pink.

Alaylith
Top Rater
Pet Score:6720
Realm:Antonidas-eu

Post by Alaylith » December 5th, 2011, 11:12 am

I've got several favourites; it's impossible to list them all. xD

But I've got some for my alts, which they almost always get out:
The mage has her Kirin Tor Familiar - It's just awesome to have two bubbles ^^ (she's a frost mage)
The warlock has her Core Hound Pup and now also the Feline Familiar
My deathknight's companion is of course Frosty
The Bombay Cat is at the side of my rogue and the White Kitten follows mostly my priest.

As for my hunter (main); I really love almost all of her pets and all my favourites are used through Guppet.
I especially like blue ones (Blue Dragonhawk Hatchling, cats (Calico Cat) and the special ones which are cute and/or beautiful (Wind Rider Cub & Celestial Dragon)

*sigh* There are just so many. ;)

Millinear

Post by Millinear » December 5th, 2011, 5:00 pm

panda cub <3 baby pandas so cute when it sleeps too :)

Elion

Post by Elion » December 5th, 2011, 7:26 pm

It changes a lot, but right now it's definitely the Feline Familiar. I love the hat and the fact that it gets on a broom to fly alongside you.

Emberdione
MVP
Pet Score:11363
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Emberdione » December 5th, 2011, 8:52 pm

Alaylith wrote:I've got several favourites; it's impossible to list them all. xD

But I've got some for my alts, which they almost always get out:
The mage has her Kirin Tor Familiar - It's just awesome to have two bubbles ^^ (she's a frost mage)
The warlock has her Core Hound Pup and now also the Feline Familiar
My deathknight's companion is of course Frosty
The Bombay Cat is at the side of my rogue and the White Kitten follows mostly my priest.

As for my hunter (main); I really love almost all of her pets and all my favourites are used through Guppet.
I especially like blue ones (Blue Dragonhawk Hatchling, cats (Calico Cat) and the special ones which are cute and/or beautiful (Wind Rider Cub & Celestial Dragon)

*sigh* There are just so many. ;)
I do this too. I have pets that are the "pet" for that alt. :)

Zaea
Top Rater
Pet Score:5266
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Zaea » December 5th, 2011, 9:53 pm

my favorite pet is the phoenix hatchling, original not dark. I have always loved the mythology surrounding phoenixes, so when this pet got added to the game I nearly freaked out. Wish I could get ashe's of al'ar to go with it someday! I also like the dark phoenix because its freaking purple :)

Vephriel
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Vephriel » December 5th, 2011, 11:27 pm

The Dark Whelpling will always hold a special place in my heart.

I started playing WoW in Vanilla, shortly after release, and the first time I learned about the dragon companions I knew I had to have one. The black one was an instant favourite, and I vowed to some day acquire it.

When The Burning Crusade hit I had still not achieved this goal, so I was even more determined once I made my new Blood Elf my main character.

I used to spend hours just farming Lethlor Ravine, constantly circling and killing the respawning whelps. I could practically do this blindfolded, the route and pattern was so ingrained in my head. After literally years of doing this, the Dark Whelpling finally dropped one fateful day. I was so ecstatic!

This little dragon was also responsible for my growing obsession with minipets. If it weren't for him, I probably never would have become addicted to collecting them. He was the start of it all, and for that reason he'll always be special, even though there are many other minipets I've come to adore. :)
Last edited by Vephriel on February 9th, 2013, 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.