Share pet collecting news and advice.
GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us
Re: New 6.2.2 Rare Spawns

Post by GrosBonda » September 4th, 2015, 1:30 pm

Kel wrote:
Tay wrote:. . . However, if you go during highly populated times, there is usually someone there to join in.
Yea, I tried checking it out last night on my server. Pugg was up, but I couldn't take him alone and no one was around to help. Oh well, I got the 3-day weekend to try farming these guys! 8-) #ElementalsForEverybody!!!!
Use LFG custom , and make a search on rares.

Tumppu
Pet Score:7607
Realm:Vek'nilash-eu

Post by Tumppu » September 5th, 2015, 12:27 pm

You do not need flying to get there! You need to go waaaay around the Highmaul by the seaside, then up the cliffs via a route at the north west corner. Probably quicker to find someone with a seated flier, but in case you can't find one, there is a way to do it. Got one of the three pets on my 98 druid today, just looked for a group in the finder after finding my way up there.

Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » September 6th, 2015, 5:53 pm

Kel wrote:
Tay wrote:. . . However, if you go during highly populated times, there is usually someone there to join in.
Yea, I tried checking it out last night on my server. Pugg was up, but I couldn't take him alone and no one was around to help. Oh well, I got the 3-day weekend to try farming these guys! 8-) #ElementalsForEverybody!!!!

When I was looking for them Custom Looking for Group helped a great deal. They even if you are in a raid group.

Nelaphim
Top Rater
Pet Score:9951
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Nelaphim » September 6th, 2015, 11:54 pm

These pets (and to a lesser extent the toys) have been quite the bank padding.

I am not sure if people are just lazy or if they do not know that you can use LFG to get a group to kill them, but I have sold so many of them on the AH. Up until yesterday, the Empyreal and Energized pets were going for 10k on the AH, the Empowered for 15k. Toys for 8-10k, with the one from Smash going for 10-12k.

Prices are starting to come down, but I made 200kish on my medium-low population server off of just them.

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » September 7th, 2015, 5:41 am

Can you get duplicate drops of these *after* you have learned them I wonder?

Once I got all three, I am getting no more.

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » September 7th, 2015, 7:09 am

Chibimage wrote:Can you get duplicate drops of these *after* you have learned them I wonder?

Once I got all three, I am getting no more.
Yes. Same with the toys. I got all toys on a different character, learned them, and still got more drops to hand over to friends. The pets as well, but I've been killing the rares on 20-24 characters so I can't say if the same characters received the same items again after they had it drop once. (But since neither the pets or toys are BoP I doubt you'd get locked out after looting them once, the RNG is just awful in some cases. It took me over 30 kills to get an Energized Manafiend for example.)

Huntermyth
Top Rater
Pet Score:10368
Realm:Emeriss-eu

Post by Huntermyth » September 8th, 2015, 7:01 am

killed all 3 at the day they started to spawn and except Rukdug they were kind enough to drop their respective pets. still no luck with the first rare but he will drop eventually.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » September 8th, 2015, 1:51 pm

Took me, 4 days on 1 toon to get all 3...
Day 1, 2 and 4 were the lucky days and no duplets..

3 drops in 12 kills ~25% drop rate it seems..

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 8th, 2015, 2:29 pm

FuxieDK wrote:Took me, 4 days on 1 toon to get all 3...

25% was RNG working for you, but it's definitely lower than that.

I've been killing Pugg 6x a day working up to 9x a day now. 1 pet so far. The other two guys I did 6x daily until they coughed up a pair of pets each after 3 and 5 days.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » September 8th, 2015, 2:33 pm

Peanutty wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:Took me, 4 days on 1 toon to get all 3...

25% was RNG working for you, but it's definitely lower than that.

I've been killing Pugg 6x a day working up to 9x a day now. 1 pet so far. The other two guys I did 6x daily until they coughed up a pair of pets each after 3 and 5 days.
I must have been more Lucky than I'm used to be...

I see Wowhead reports 11%, 11% and 9%..

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » September 8th, 2015, 5:04 pm

So here's my update:

I used the custom group finder to join a group. I used Aviana's Feather to get to the first guy they were doing. They got all pissy with me cause I didn't have flying, refused to help me get to the second guy and then booted me from the group after cussing me out. So screw it, I bought all 3 off the AH for under 20k total. Maybe once I get flying I'll come farm them for extras, but for now, I'm done with this one. I'd like to say it was fun, but much like everything else I group for, it ended in name calling and me remembering why I hate raiding, or grouping of any sort. :cry: :(
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Adumbledore » September 8th, 2015, 5:55 pm

Kel wrote:So here's my update:

I used the custom group finder to join a group. I used Aviana's Feather to get to the first guy they were doing. They got all pissy with me cause I didn't have flying, refused to help me get to the second guy and then booted me from the group after cussing me out. So screw it, I bought all 3 off the AH for under 20k total. Maybe once I get flying I'll come farm them for extras, but for now, I'm done with this one. I'd like to say it was fun, but much like everything else I group for, it ended in name calling and me remembering why I hate raiding, or grouping of any sort. :cry: :(
I hate when people act like that. :( They need to get off their high horses and act more mature than that.

On a second note, I have a 2 seater flying mount, Draenor flying, and multiple toons so if anyone wants to group up to do these rares, add me. :)

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » September 9th, 2015, 12:20 am

Nelaphim wrote:These pets (and to a lesser extent the toys) have been quite the bank padding.

I am not sure if people are just lazy or if they do not know that you can use LFG to get a group to kill them, but I have sold so many of them on the AH. Up until yesterday, the Empyreal and Energized pets were going for 10k on the AH, the Empowered for 15k. Toys for 8-10k, with the one from Smash going for 10-12k.

Prices are starting to come down, but I made 200kish on my medium-low population server off of just them.
Toys???? What toys?

Wowhead display no toys dropping either of the three rares...

Ismenot
Pet Score:11226
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Ismenot » September 9th, 2015, 3:17 am

the 3 new rare in nagrand drops pets
and the 3 other rare in tanaan jungle drops toys
and 1 rare in hellfire citadel ( outside raid , you can fly there) drops something called a boomerang , that is soulbound

Markedangel6469
Pet Score:4216
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Markedangel6469 » September 9th, 2015, 1:22 pm

Ismenot wrote:the 3 new rare in nagrand drops pets
and the 3 other rare in tanaan jungle drops toys
and 1 rare in hellfire citadel ( outside raid , you can fly there) drops something called a boomerang , that is soulbound
The 3 Ogres Drop the pets, the Crashin Toys come from Tanaan 3 new elites behind the dark portal, and the Fell Overseer drops the Bootarang (pvp item) is located behind the Hellfire Raid insance.

I am horde side and have a 2 seater if someone wants to do this just let me know through here as I don't do random/blind btag invites.

Petzy
Pet Score:11826
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Petzy » September 9th, 2015, 3:13 pm

Kel wrote:So here's my update:

I have been farming the pets until I am a bit tired of them lol. None of the groups I have been in chewed anyone out, not even for being low level & pulling extra but they are generally farming all their alts and are going as fast as possible and doing all 3 rares over & over just changing toons so they don't slow down to summon anymore & only the first few had a few people with 2 seat mounts, I don't know if they helped anyone or not. I do have room for a few more friends 8-) & 2 person mount so if someone needs help just maybe I can make myself go some more ;) :lol: I have toons on both sides so that isn't a problem, the groups I find do seem to be mostly PvP realms & the time I tried to make a PvE group no one joined but it hasn't been a problem so far :roll: (and yes I love smilies! :o )