Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tweak
Top Rater
Pet Score:8842
Realm:Ysera-us
Re: Bored at work thinking about pets.

Post by Tweak » August 11th, 2015, 11:37 am

Unpopular Opinion:

Pixiebell's existence actually bugs the crap out of me, as an anal retentive person with a need for things to make sense.

I've always disliked the way some baby animals in this game have unique baby models, and some baby animals in this game are just tiny versions of the adult model, ESPECIALLY when both examples are used for the SAME type of animal. That said, we already have a "Young" Faerie Dragon (The classic Faerie Dragon Model) and an "Adult" Faerie Dragon (The mount Faerie Dragon Model)... IE. If we're to assume the classic model grows into the mount model, Pixiebell is not a creature that should logically exist. She's an unnaturally tiny adult faerie dragon, when we already have a model to represent a young faerie dragon.

Among several other similar baby/adult model inconsistencies in this game (she's not the only species with this problem, to be sure).

BUT... there are a lot of things about this expansion that bug me far worse as an anal retentive person with a need for things to make sense... SO... don't mind me, lol.

(To say nothing of 1000 timetravel/alternate reality plot holes, one that really bugs me is WHY does Draenor's Cho'gall use his Post-Corruption, Post-Cataclysm model, when a Pre-Corruption regular Ogre Cho'gall model EXISTS in the game's files/assets/model viewer. He should still be a semi-normal Ogre at this point, like he was in Warcraft II. This was the first hole I noticed within 2 minutes of walking through the Dark Portal into Draenor and it left a bad taste in my mouth which never faded.)