Sumprush Rodent

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Lemoo
Pet Score:8674
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us
Sumprush Rodent

Post by Lemoo » July 25th, 2015, 6:51 am

I have been slowly collecting the item needed to purchase the Sumprush Rodent spawn item on Horde side Zangarmarsh and after a little more time collecting the faction item I want to spawn this pet so others can claim one for their collection.

My question is this: How do I go about announcing this event so the largest number of pet collectors see/hear about the upcoming release? Post it here? Shout outs in various places? What works best?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Sumprush Rodent

Post by Peanutty » July 25th, 2015, 12:58 pm

I would imagine for the biggest turnout, post your event date and time on here + post your group on custom group finder once it starts. I've seen a few Sumprush Rodent groups in the past listed that way. In the group finder you might want to note that folks need to have done the opening quests to Domination Point to be phased in, to avoid confusion.

Keep in mind that while rodents will spawn for an hour, they still only spawn 6 at a time, so you might want to delist your group from time to time to throttle the number of players, if you get a huge response. Don't be surprised if you get a number of realm hoppers.

From my own experience (depends on your server) doing an announcement in trade chat or general chat tends to just get a lot of trolling and very little actual interest.