Black Market Hoax?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Terloch
Pet Score:5283
Realm:Dalaran-us
Black Market Hoax?

Post by Terloch » June 18th, 2015, 12:11 am

Has anyone actually SEEN a Thundering Serpent Hatchling for sale on the Black Market AH? I haven't...

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Re: Black Market Hoax?

Post by Maizing » June 18th, 2015, 2:10 am

I'm pretty sure that pet is only available from the guild vendor if you belong to a guild that has gotten a certain achievement.

I have never even heard of them being on the black market.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » June 18th, 2015, 7:14 am

When they announced removing it from the guild rewards, they hinted at placing it on the BM. That was back before WoD.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 18th, 2015, 7:30 am

The Pet Journal also says that it should come from the Black Market AH. It's entirely possible that something went wrong and it wasn't added to the loot table. Or it could be that the hatchling is just ultra-rare.

Anyone know of a website that tracks the BMAH, similar to the Undermine Journal?

I'll inquire with the devs on Twitter about it but no guarantee on a response.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Terloch

Post by Terloch » June 18th, 2015, 10:44 am

Thanks Quintessence! I sadly missed out getting this guy when he was available, I simply derped, a guild I was in HAD him unlocked. So now my only hope is that they put him in the BMAH.

I honestly wish they would put a lot of the old no-longer-available pets in there. The secondary market prices are getting to be utterly outrageous now to get even relatively large release CEs.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » June 18th, 2015, 1:05 pm

Quintessence wrote:The Pet Journal also says that it should come from the Black Market AH. It's entirely possible that something went wrong and it wasn't added to the loot table. Or it could be that the hatchling is just ultra-rare.

Anyone know of a website that tracks the BMAH, similar to the Undermine Journal?

I'll inquire with the devs on Twitter about it but no guarantee on a response.
You can use tradeskillmaster website to view BMAH listings...not sure it tracks historical listings though.

https://www.tradeskillmaster.com/black-market

Salus
Pet Score:8751
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Salus » June 19th, 2015, 7:50 am

This is the only BMAH site I'm aware of with history. Unfortunately, the owner had to stop updating for every server (it is still updated for Kargath/Norgannon) a few months into WoD due to the current BMAH's proximity to the Ring of Blood.

www wowbmah com slash history.aspx

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Stella3 » June 21st, 2015, 12:17 am

I've checked the black market pretty faithfully since WoD came out as part of my daily leveling regiment (since the Ogre pet guy is nearby) And have never seen it. So who knows. :cry:

Kozia
Pet Score:4554
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Kozia » July 22nd, 2015, 12:21 pm

Has anyone ever actually gotten an answer on this? It's one of my missing pets and was hoping to get it from BMAH but like others have never seen it.

Avenged
Pet Score:4062
BattleTag®:Avenged#1416
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Avenged » July 22nd, 2015, 4:24 pm

I check my BMAH very frequently and I still haven't seen this pet on it. I really hope they didn't pull another Sha of Anger/Galleon mount situation...

Petshop
Pet Score:11966
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Petshop » July 23rd, 2015, 3:45 pm

I didn't realize the hatchling was being removed from guild vendors, so after Warlords, I made a char on another server to get it. When I saw it wasn't there, I put in a ticket, thinking it was a bug. The GM that replied told me about the removal, and said it's available on the BMAH now. Never actually SEEN it there, though.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » July 23rd, 2015, 5:05 pm

There are plenty of things in the BMAH loot table that I have yet to actually see on the BMAH, so this doesn't honestly surprise me. I do wish the pet was cageable though, since I have two that I would gladly give away.

Terloch

Post by Terloch » August 24th, 2015, 12:34 pm

Anyone seen this guy on the BMAH yet?