My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Question regarding region exclusive pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
User avatar
Jaladar
Top Rater
 
Posts: 178
Joined: October 28th, 2008
Pet Score: 5151
BattleTag®: Jaladar#11384
Realm: Windrunner-US

Question regarding region exclusive pets

Postby Jaladar » June 6th, 2015, 12:39 pm

Basically....why?

Why are some pets locked to certain regions but not others? And has the US had any region locked pets that aren't available elsewhere?

EU servers had a chance at a Murloc from the BC CE issue that the US has never had a chance at, yet once the issue was fixed I believe EU got the original pet as well therefore getting 2 pets from that CE. Several pets are restricted to Asian servers that we can't get but RaF has at least given us a few duplicates. Even Mini Tyrael, although available to US players, is from an event that was held outside the US and therefore very exclusive.

I'm not really meaning to complain so please don't read it that way...I'm just genuinely curious. Will we (US servers) ever get a crack at Lurky or other exclusive Murlocs besides Murky (can anyone even afford him now)? How about a Murloc pet that isn't in disguise that is available to everyone?


Jal

User avatar
Melmo
MVP
 
Posts: 449
Joined: May 24th, 2012
Pet Score: 4457
BattleTag®: Melmo#1842
Realm: Whisperwind-US

Re: Question regarding region exclusive pets

Postby Melmo » June 6th, 2015, 1:35 pm

I think all North American players wonder about the fairness of this... because there are NO pets exclusive to us. Not a single one.

I of course want any of the nekkid Murlocs, but I would also absolutely love to have a shot at Poley, Onyx Panther, & the 2 Tiny Dragons! <3
Image

User avatar
Quintessence
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: June 4th, 2008
Pet Score: 5156
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Re: Question regarding region exclusive pets

Postby Quintessence » June 7th, 2015, 2:04 am

Jaladar wrote:Why are some pets locked to certain regions but not others?


Keep in mind that many of the region-specific pets were created prior to Pet Battles being a feature. Blizzard couldn't have foreseen how big pets, pet collecting and Pet Battles would be when they made those pets. They probably thought it was just a nice vanity gesture for specific regions, and incentivized their games/events.

As for whether or not the US region will ever have a chance at pets from other regions - Blizzard added four of the pets previously exclusive to Asian regions to the RAF system, so there's always a possibility more will come in the future. Not guaranteed, of course, but we can always hope!
Image
Feel free to browse through Perks N Peeves, my vanity pet collecting blog!

User avatar
FuxieDK
 
Posts: 528
Joined: July 27th, 2009
Pet Score: 5002
BattleTag®: FuxieDK#2678
Realm: Draenor-EU

Re: Question regarding region exclusive pets

Postby FuxieDK » June 11th, 2015, 4:30 am

Melmo wrote:I think all North American players wonder about the fairness of this... because there are NO pets exclusive to us. Not a single one.

I of course want any of the nekkid Murlocs, but I would also absolutely love to have a shot at Poley, Onyx Panther, & the 2 Tiny Dragons! <3

I'm pretty sure the Mountain Dew mechanical pet, was exclusive to the US....

As an EU player, it said I needed to live in the US region, when I tried to sign up for it, back in early WotLK...

User avatar
Jaladar
Top Rater
 
Posts: 178
Joined: October 28th, 2008
Pet Score: 5151
BattleTag®: Jaladar#11384
Realm: Windrunner-US

Re: Question regarding region exclusive pets

Postby Jaladar » June 11th, 2015, 7:16 am

FuxieDK wrote:
Melmo wrote:I think all North American players wonder about the fairness of this... because there are NO pets exclusive to us. Not a single one.

I of course want any of the nekkid Murlocs, but I would also absolutely love to have a shot at Poley, Onyx Panther, & the 2 Tiny Dragons! <3

I'm pretty sure the Mountain Dew mechanical pet, was exclusive to the US....

As an EU player, it said I needed to live in the US region, when I tried to sign up for it, back in early WotLK...


But now he is unlimited supply on the toy shop vendor in Dalaran.


Return to Pet Collecting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Heartsigh, Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests