Pet gender determined by WarcraftPets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ea
Pet Score:1137
Realm:La Croisade écarlate-eu
Pet gender determined by WarcraftPets

Post by Ea » May 30th, 2015, 6:26 pm

Hello :)

I was searching a way to get a pet breed in game. Only answer seems to be Battle Pet BreedID.
I have then the stats details which is good.

But I'm not sure about the gender.

Warcraft Pets tells the pet gender in the profile.

So there should be a way to view it in game.

How can I do it ?

Also, is Warcraftpets gender accurate ?
For exemple, check my westfall chicken on my collection, I have 2, the site tells:
Chicken 1 : 150 Health, 11 Power, 10 Speed (Female P/B)
Chicken 2 : 153 Health, 10 Power, 10 Speed (Female H/B)

In game it tells:
Chicken 1 : 150 Health, 11 Power, 10 Speed (P/B) or 10/20 or 10 when the drowdown option is changed
Chicken 2 : 153 Health, 10 Power, 10 Speed (H/B) or 12/22 or 12 when the drowdown option is changed

There's some things I don't understand ... how the site determine they are all female ?
Why an option in Battle Pet BreedID is telling Chicken 1 is 10 and Chicken 2 is 12, which is all male ids ? Does it means they are male ?
In petsearch.ch the westfall chicken is going from id 13 to 22, which contradicts the in game numbers 10 and 12.

Someone can help me to get that straight ?

Thank you :)
Sorry if this topic is a duplicate, but did not find a recent post...

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Pet gender determined by WarcraftPets

Post by Kpb321 » May 30th, 2015, 7:59 pm

There is no way to tell the gender in game. Even with a addon. The armory API tells what gender a pet is which is how warcraft pet knows but it's not available in game.

Ea
Pet Score:1137
Realm:La Croisade écarlate-eu

Post by Ea » May 30th, 2015, 11:04 pm

Alright, thank you.
So you have to catch it first in game (with your prefered stat breed) and check your Warcraft Pets profile to see if it's really a male or female.

But a question is remaining, what is this 10 and 12 "breed" number displayed in game by Battle Pet BreedID ?

And is the site's pet genre pulled from the armory is effectively accurate every time ?
Last question, is the in game add on/petsear.ch stats data exactly the same ?

Thank you.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 31st, 2015, 7:39 pm

Ea wrote:And is the site's pet genre pulled from the armory is effectively accurate every time ?
It should be. The data comes directly from the Blizzard API. It's a hidden value but it exists for every pet.

It sounds as if the addon might not be identifying the gender of pets correctly when changing the dropdown option, which could cause some confusion. The two Westfall Chickens that you have in your example should be 20 and 22 (both female IDs).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com