unique pets?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Yankdog
Pet Score:5232
Realm:Velen-us
unique pets?

Post by Yankdog » May 12th, 2015, 9:44 am

Are there any pets out there that you can only get one of. I have a couple that i have been trying to get duplicate drops but am not successful. so wondering if there is pets out there that you can only get one of at a time?

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: unique pets?

Post by FuxieDK » May 12th, 2015, 12:45 pm

All store-pets and Son of Sethe. Can't think of others, right now.

Gahtmilch
Pet Score:5205
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Gahtmilch » May 12th, 2015, 12:59 pm

Guild achieve pets as well (Lil Tarecgosa and Armadillo Pup).

I believe the guild challenge mode pets are /3, however (not entirely sure).

-Gaht

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » May 12th, 2015, 1:51 pm

Not sure if your question is about getting the pet or adding it to your Pet Journal.

With pets like the ones that Fuxie mentioned you're limited to just one in your Journal, although no limit to how many you could have in your bags and bank. Of course if it's a non-tradeable pet it's pretty useless to have extras.

A few of the pets you get through daily quests seem to only drop once for each toon. The Garrison Menagerie daily, for example, rewards 7 different pets but I've never heard of anybody getting a duplicate of any of these with one of their characters. It's not an account-wide limit; if you have alts with Level 3 Menageries they can also get the same pets. Shattrath fishing daily Crocolisks in the City has same limitation, the 4 croc pets from this one only seem to drop once for a toon.

Yankdog

Post by Yankdog » May 13th, 2015, 12:03 am

Thank you all for the responses it has answered my questions

Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Elmarc » May 13th, 2015, 12:57 am

Pebbles from the daylie quest in the underground zone with the stone elements is unique as well 1/1. Also the pet you can get in the stormstout brewery dungeon in MoP from doing the achievement killing the 'invisible' mobs is a 1/1 unique.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » May 13th, 2015, 2:05 am

In addition to the pets already mentioned, the promotional ones, such as [pet]Baby Blizzard Bear[/pet] are also 1/1.
I also seem to recall that [pet]Magical Crawdad[/pet] from Mr. Pinchy is also once per char.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » May 13th, 2015, 6:44 am

The celestial tournament reward pets are all unique
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » May 13th, 2015, 2:42 pm

I think pretty much all the achievement pets are unique - Stinker, Nuts, Jade Tentacle, Celestial Dragon, Venus, Brilliant Kaliri, Stormwing, Little Fawn etc.

Yankdog

Post by Yankdog » May 13th, 2015, 3:43 pm

Now I am wondering how to tell if a pet is a once per character drop. one I'm trying for is Eye of Observation dropped from Orumo :?:

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » May 24th, 2015, 9:48 pm

Yankdog wrote:Now I am wondering how to tell if a pet is a once per character drop. one I'm trying for is Eye of Observation dropped from Orumo :?:
When in doubt, assume it is. If you got it on one toon, and are looking for another, bring a different toon just in case.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Zheron
MVP
Pet Score:5431
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Zheron » May 24th, 2015, 11:10 pm

Mr. Bigglesworth you are SUPPOSED to only be able to have 1. I don't know what happened back in the day, but I have 3 in my pet journal. Not really useful, lol, but I still find it odd.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » May 26th, 2015, 1:57 am

Zheron wrote:Mr. Bigglesworth you are SUPPOSED to only be able to have 1. I don't know what happened back in the day, but I have 3 in my pet journal. Not really useful, lol, but I still find it odd.
This is the result of an old bug. Basically, you could delete two of them, but when you next logged in, there would be three again.
People gave up trying to get rid of them and most have forgotten about it (I think).

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » May 26th, 2015, 2:13 am

Waflob wrote:
Zheron wrote:Mr. Bigglesworth you are SUPPOSED to only be able to have 1. I don't know what happened back in the day, but I have 3 in my pet journal. Not really useful, lol, but I still find it odd.
This is the result of an old bug. Basically, you could delete two of them, but when you next logged in, there would be three again.
People gave up trying to get rid of them and most have forgotten about it (I think).
It was a bug that lasted a few weeks or maybe a month, and what it seemed to do was add a Bigglesworth each time you logged on an alt or something, until you hit the max of 3. It was fixed relatively soon after it was discovered, so the only people who have 3 now are those who didn't delete them after the fix. I deleted my extras and they stayed deleted.