What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us
Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Post by Lysi » September 13th, 2012, 12:21 pm

Imthedci wrote:
Mairin wrote:
Lysi wrote:They changed the Cockroach to Undercity Cockroach, so they seem to be trying to fix some of the ambiguity..
Yep but now it gets a little weird where you start seeing Undercity cockroaches in the Wetlands.
I wondered what those were doing there... :o
Apparently they don't have all the BUGS worked out yet. XD
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » September 14th, 2012, 4:00 am

Lysi wrote:Apparently they don't have all the BUGS worked out yet. XD
I don't know why but it feels wrong that I actually chuckled at that :P

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » September 24th, 2012, 11:11 am

The big one for me like so many others is the Crawling Claw. Over a hundred completed Tol'Vir artifacts and no Claw (or mount)

I gave up a few weeks ago with the announced changes in MoP and will just be trading in MoP crated artifacts for Tol'Vir ones.

Hoping for a Lumpy this year as well. 5 characters...every day...not one of them got Lumpy. However, another member of my guild got 1 on each of her characters. Can't complain too much about RNG though...I got my Crawdad on my 53 cast and then the 2nd wish was the pet.

RNG is a fickle mistress indeed.

Frantor
Top Rater
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Frantor » September 28th, 2012, 1:01 am

Mini Tyreal.

Epicleptic
Top Rater
Pet Score:10816
BattleTag®:Epicleptic#2421
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Epicleptic » October 6th, 2012, 10:53 pm

Let's see...

Fox Kit: I farmed well into 4000+ foxes and didn't get the damn thing til the patch arrived where I just bought it for 200 commendations.

Crawling Claw: The bane of my Archaeology existence. 150+ finds and no pet/mount, then it just so happened that some fool put Crawling Claw on the AH for 3000g... 3000g!! Snatched that right up :D

Grinder: I was planning on staking this guy out intensely but got him very cheap on AH before anyone knew his value.

Aqua Strider: Killed the rare spawn a good 8 times but no drop yet... all in good time :)

Scourged Whelpling: Haven't seen a single spawn as of late. *Edit* Phasing, just arrived on an alt for the first time and they're everywhere -.-

Mairin
Top Rater

Post by Mairin » October 7th, 2012, 1:32 pm

Finally got my crimson whelp in the AH earlier, that along with getting a rare scourged whelpling make this not the worst day ever ;)

Betic
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Betic » October 8th, 2012, 1:51 pm

Back since the disgusting oozling existed I tried to farm it. I leveled 4 characters from like 52-58 I think just off killing oozes. I didn't even know what the 52-58 content was and missed out on all those quests(later went back an redid them). On top of all those hours just leveling off killing oozes I also farmed on my main hunter another good 400+ hours probably. All I know is after 2 years of off and on farming, a friend of mine gifted me one she found on the AH. I still tried a bit after that because this was before you could actually learn the pets so I was trying to rebuild my collection on my main.

Well I ended up buying it off the AH again...just couldn't seem to get the guy. I still would love to just loot one, I've farmed 2 Hyacinth Macaws, all of the whelps 4 times each (twice for myself, once for a friend, and 1 of each for 4 different friends for christmas presents). Farmed 2 fireflies as well :D Seems like I farmed all the hard ones twice back in the day.

I would also agree that this Crawling Claw is the new Disgusting Oozling. I have been farming that since Archaeology came out. When Cata hit I leveled from 80-85 doing nothing but Archaeology, collecting all the neat rares, pets, mounts on the way. I have almost everything(pre-MoP) I think, aside from about 2 or 3 epics, and that Crawling Claw.

I don't even want to know how much time I've spent trying to dig that little bugger up out of the ground. I haven't even looked at the new rare pets and stuff for MoP yet. I've just been going around doing pet battles and collecting a rare version of everything :D

Kowvin
Pet Score:4153
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Kowvin » October 8th, 2012, 2:54 pm

Topaz Shale Spider - I have been slowly working up my collection, leveling several of each type as I go and getting rare version of nearly everything battle as I go. I am not yet in Deepholm but have spent a good deal of time in Desoless and this guy comes as an addition battle pet, especially for the Stone Armadillos (which to me seem to be about all the time). Anyway it seem I have especially poor quality traps or these guys are pretty slick as each time I find an uncommon or rare I can never seem to trap them before they kill themselves.

Greenrowan
Pet Score:1614
Realm:Quel'dorei-us

Post by Greenrowan » October 8th, 2012, 3:20 pm

The Giant Sewer Rat... I leveled fishing on two characters and watched my boyfriend fish up THREE of these while fishing beside me and he only recently (in the past two months) started fishing. I was so mad!

Draconius
Pet Score:2502
Realm:Burning Blade-eu

Post by Draconius » October 8th, 2012, 4:24 pm

Let's see.

I got the Hyacynth Macaw for 50g after helping someone do ZF.

I got the disgusting oozeling for 90g back in vanilla.

I have the scorchling and frigid frostling.

What eludes me is the stupid sewer rat and magical crawdad. I even fished up Mr Pinchy once! But none of his 3 wishes gave me the pet.

Haven't really tried for crawling claw yet.

Mairin
Top Rater

Post by Mairin » October 8th, 2012, 7:15 pm

Kowvin wrote:Topaz Shale Spider - I have been slowly working up my collection, leveling several of each type as I go and getting rare version of nearly everything battle as I go. I am not yet in Deepholm but have spent a good deal of time in Desoless and this guy comes as an addition battle pet, especially for the Stone Armadillos (which to me seem to be about all the time). Anyway it seem I have especially poor quality traps or these guys are pretty slick as each time I find an uncommon or rare I can never seem to trap them before they kill themselves.
Did you try in the orange side of Mara for the topaz spiders? (outside the instance that is) The purple side has the other type and they have a habit of having topaz secondaries too. All this assuming you still didn't get to deepholm yet :)

As for stone armadillos being about a lot, they're technically a "night" pet, during the day time I've never seen one but there's loads about when the sun goes down.

Mathew013
MVP
Pet Score:3694
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Mathew013 » October 11th, 2012, 12:04 pm

Minfernal.
I know it's rare, and all that but still - so sick of Felwood, and flying around in small circles above the heads of the normal sized mobs, watching every little dot on the minimap... :roll:
I just want it for my warlock... is that so wrong?! :lol:

>> Mathew

Icedcafemocha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3119
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Icedcafemocha » October 11th, 2012, 12:22 pm

Mathew013 wrote:Minfernal.
I know it's rare, and all that but still - so sick of Felwood, and flying around in small circles above the heads of the normal sized mobs, watching every little dot on the minimap... :roll:

>> Mathew
I freaked out when the rats spawned around that area and i had to kill them... out of spite maybe xD

...I'd like a tyrael, alas my bank balance says i don't "need" it :<

Navimie
MVP
Pet Score:9445
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Navimie » October 11th, 2012, 5:27 pm

Mathew013 wrote:Minfernal.
>> Mathew
I'm with Mathew. I hate you Minfernal. I hate camping there and killing every other critter in sight so I don't get excited seeing the beast paw pop up and find it's a tainted rat... That is the one pet I cannot find..

Moneypenny
Top Rater
Pet Score:12117
BattleTag®:Msbehavin#1399
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Moneypenny » October 11th, 2012, 6:44 pm

CRAWLING CLAW, sry caps.... minfernal, ty blizz for xrealm and bugging it all out. :(

can some one tell me as well, im pretty sure tiny emerald whelp and emerald whelp were 2 dif whelps (obv size)
.. have they changed it again and taken one out same as tiny crimson?

Pet i will never ever get mini diablo, zergling and panda :( big sad face
http://www.best-signatures.com/]Image

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » October 11th, 2012, 9:37 pm

I have 437 pets and Minfernal is still one I cannot get. Along with the Scourged Whelpling.

Emi
Top Rater
Pet Score:3222
Realm:Khadgar-us

Post by Emi » October 11th, 2012, 10:05 pm

I gotta go with the Crawling Claw like many others here it eludes me still! >.<

Guerresok
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Guerresok » October 11th, 2012, 11:18 pm

I've gotta go with both Minfernal and Scourged Whelpling. I can't blame phasing either, since I've been flying around the area with both a character that has completed Icecrown, and one that has never done it. I've yet to see a single one around.

Zoologist
Pet Score:2144
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Zoologist » October 12th, 2012, 3:00 am

Moritach wrote:The fishing pets just do my head in... Fishing at the darkmoon faire I just hit 600 casts and still no luck, yet everyone around me seems to get it in less than 50.
Make sure you aren't in a raid. I did over 100 casts till I thought ... OMG why won't it drop... and then noticed I was still in a group. I left group and within a short time I grabbed the pet. Hope that helps.