What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jkierst920
Top Rater
Pet Score:12392
BattleTag®:jkierst920#1642
Realm:Madoran-us
Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Post by Jkierst920 » February 19th, 2013, 8:33 pm

With everyone else on the Crawling Claw. That and the damn Minfernal.

Oceanaia
Top Rater
Pet Score:5376
BattleTag®:Oceanaia#1971
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Oceanaia » February 20th, 2013, 12:55 am

That damn [pet]Clock'em[/pet]! It's been about a month of dying, and I am STILL stuck on Ixx. Blizzard, Please just make him tradable <3

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » February 20th, 2013, 1:26 am

Just an update, got my final wild rare today. Dropped by Jade and checked on the Adders...2 were up, one was rare! :)

So, all done with wilds, now just stones.

Contesa
Pet Score:3999
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Contesa » February 21st, 2013, 10:38 am

Oceanaia wrote:That damn [pet]Clock'em[/pet]! It's been about a month of dying, and I am STILL stuck on Ixx. Blizzard, Please just make him tradable <3
You've probably already looked it up and read all about that fight, but just in case...

The trick for me was standing literally inside his hit box like I was hugging him. As close as I could without being behind him. That way, when he did his "I will kill you now" ability (I forget the real name) I just had to take a couple quick steps through him to be outside of it. I don't know what class you are. If your main goal for Brawler's Guild is getting the pet (mine was), keep in mind that the invites are account wide so if you honestly can't beat Ixx with the character you've been trying on, it might be better to try on an alt than keep getting frustrated (maybe one with an execute-type ability if Oceanaia doesn't have one). But I sure do hope you beat him!

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » February 21st, 2013, 10:46 am

I can't seem to get motivated to do the Molten Front dailies. They were a drag when they were new and aren't any better now.

Contesa
Pet Score:3999
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Contesa » February 21st, 2013, 12:47 pm

Ysabell wrote:I can't seem to get motivated to do the Molten Front dailies. They were a drag when they were new and aren't any better now.
I hear you there! I really don't like the RNG factor of the bags for the Scorchling, and got so sick of it when it was current. I tried again quite a bit on multiple alts during the lull before MOP came out but had no luck then either. So when I finally saw one on the AH for 7k I snapped it up. Is it "worth" that much to Joe Schmoe, given that the Fel Flame has the same abilities? Probably not. But is the fact that I never have to do those dailies again worth that much to me? Definitely!!!

So keep an eye out for it since it is cageable.

Oceanaia
Top Rater
Pet Score:5376
BattleTag®:Oceanaia#1971
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Oceanaia » February 21st, 2013, 3:43 pm

Contesa wrote:
Oceanaia wrote:That damn [pet]Clock'em[/pet]! It's been about a month of dying, and I am STILL stuck on Ixx. Blizzard, Please just make him tradable <3
You've probably already looked it up and read all about that fight, but just in case...

The trick for me was standing literally inside his hit box like I was hugging him. As close as I could without being behind him. That way, when he did his "I will kill you now" ability (I forget the real name) I just had to take a couple quick steps through him to be outside of it. I don't know what class you are. If your main goal for Brawler's Guild is getting the pet (mine was), keep in mind that the invites are account wide so if you honestly can't beat Ixx with the character you've been trying on, it might be better to try on an alt than keep getting frustrated (maybe one with an execute-type ability if Oceanaia doesn't have one). But I sure do hope you beat him!
Hello Contesa :D

Thank you for that wonderful post. Unfortunately, I did try that technique as well and as a Hunter, I can't take too many hits from that guy as he does do a considerable amount of damage. I think I have tried just about everything on both ICEY-VEINS and some other message boards I have found regarding that encounter. My other issue is Oceanaia is my only Lvl 90 and at this moment I have no intention of leveling up my alts (85-90 was just too brutal for me xD)

I had to take a small break from it due to the stress it was putting on me. I will eventually get it, it will just take some time, and luck!

Thank you again for that very positive post :D

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » February 21st, 2013, 3:54 pm

In Brawler's Guild I am stuck at Blatt :( My main spec is heal (Resto Druid) so my gear is mostly heal spec (just 4 pure DPS pieces.) As a Moonkin I can't do enough instant DPS and my high DPS casts take too long and either get me killed because adds pile up or the enrage timer hits. I did get him down to single digit % once but no kill in time :(

Laraven
Pet Score:7886
BattleTag®:LaRaven#1620
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Laraven » February 22nd, 2013, 1:24 am

Unfortunately, I did try that technique as well and as a Hunter, I can't take too many hits from that guy as he does do a considerable amount of damage. I think I have tried just about everything on both ICEY-VEINS and some other message boards I have found regarding that encounter. My other issue is Oceanaia is my only Lvl 90 and at this moment I have no intention of leveling up my alts (85-90 was just too brutal for me xD)

I had to take a small break from it due to the stress it was putting on me. I will eventually get it, it will just take some time, and luck!

Thank you again for that very positive post :D
I am also a hunter, and for that boss, I would use MD and Intimidation, and stay right under him. Even inside him. And when he casts that stuff just move away from the direction he is facing. Your pet should be able to keep aggro for the most part.

As far as my collection, I got my last needed wild caught rare. Coral Adder and Larva were NOT fun at all. I got a rare minfernal my 6th one. So not so terrible for me. The hardest for me was by far the Giraffe calf rare.

Mummymermaid
Pet Score:3488
BattleTag®:mummymermaid#1233
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Mummymermaid » February 25th, 2013, 4:29 am

porcupette......been doing pet battling for months and months , done all the tamer quests i do my pet dailys everyday and after 3 months of pet dailys ...no porcupette iam beginning to think its not real..... :?

Xandrolar
Pet Score:2844
Realm:Hellfire-eu

Post by Xandrolar » February 26th, 2013, 9:32 am

I've actually managed to bag every catchable pet (inc. Minifernal) with the exception of Scourged Whelpling in icecrown and Qurjai Guardian (which won't spawn until the summer) The only pet I had real trouble with wasn't a catch one it was the stitched pup from naxx - 6 blooming weeks of killing that dog (inc. killing on 3 alts) before it dropped. Now i'm just alt camping up at Icecrown near sindragra's roost hoping that little paw will pop up.

Crawling Claw is another one I'm waiting to see turn up in archy. so I'll be doing that on my main and checking icecrown on me alt I have parked there.

Post by Guest » February 26th, 2013, 10:20 am

Clock'em. I won't ever be doing the brawler's club.

Poxx
Pet Score:5148
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Poxx » February 27th, 2013, 4:15 pm

Mummymermaid wrote:porcupette......been doing pet battling for months and months , done all the tamer quests i do my pet dailys everyday and after 3 months of pet dailys ...no porcupette iam beginning to think its not real..... :?
I am also inclined to believe that the Porcupette has been removed from the bag rewards. Can't seem to get it to drop. I do have a healthy stock of over 1.2k battle pet bandages now though...

As for people having trouble finding the rare stuff like Scourged Whelplings, Minfernals etc. Try making a DK on a non-crz server (I made one on EU-Shen'Dralar (sp)). I got all the rares there which are extinct on my own server (Harpy Youngling, Giraffe Calf, Minfernal, Scourged Whelpling etc). You just need 2 gold to get a lvl 1 to the argent camp in Northrend, the spawns start pretty close to the camp, outside mob range.

Pikafido
MVP
Pet Score:13568
BattleTag®:Pikafido#2789
Realm:Aerie Peak-eu

Post by Pikafido » February 27th, 2013, 5:23 pm

Pebbles. That damn daily allready didnt drop for more then 2 weeks now.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » February 28th, 2013, 9:33 am

The Snowshoe Hare has been the bane of colleting for me. It's the last wild rare I need and so far I have spent over 6 hours battleing every single pet in the zone and no rare has come up. I stopped counting at 300 snowshoe hares that I have seen either as secondary or primary and am probably closer to 500 seen at this point.

The only wild pets I have stoned are the Minfernal, Scourged Whelpling and the Festivel Hatchling. Everything else I have hunted for and to speak of didn't have to farm for more than an hour or so to get a rare. I am really getting sick of Hillsbrad Foothills and can't wait to never have to go back there.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Farnzworth
Pet Score:3484
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Farnzworth » February 28th, 2013, 5:20 pm

the snowshoe hares spawn as secondary's, i found mine off a bear. they spawn off chipmunks too as secondary as well. Good luck. The coral adder..... i think i am just going to stone it. i never see any up

Mummymermaid
Pet Score:3488
BattleTag®:mummymermaid#1233
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Mummymermaid » March 5th, 2013, 9:31 am

well i got my darkmoon eye today yay!!!! so iam hoping that tonight when iam on the porcupette will drop for me...fingers crossed!!!!

Jollyrogered
Pet Score:4262
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by Jollyrogered » March 5th, 2013, 11:33 am

I have been playing since Vanilla, and I still don't have a Disgusting Oozeling. I've farmed and farmed and farmed for it until I was near tears and felt like a crazy old lady playing slots. I could just buy it off of the AH but on Arthas they run about 4k, and thats a bit pricey for my blood. Somday though, someday.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » March 5th, 2013, 11:38 am

Well, I got my Crawling Claw the other day. Not via Archiology or anything, but via a trade. I traded away my Bananas to get my Crawling Claw.

I'll watch eBay and the BMAH for another Bananas. Honestly though, I didn't really like the pet model. Wasn't impressed him.

I guess you could say the pet I'm working on now that won't drop for me is a Rare Crow from Darkmoon Island. I've seen tons of Darkmoon Glowflys but no Crows

Allerielle
Pet Score:2199
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Allerielle » March 5th, 2013, 12:46 pm

The Crawling Claw. Curse you, Blizzard! I can't tell you how much Arch I did the old school way, up and down Kalimdor. Now, with MoP I just run around out there and do the trade ins. Still no Crawling Claw though.