What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sesamee
Pet Score:7258
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us
Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Post by Sesamee » October 30th, 2012, 5:50 pm

IMO the time spent farming these rare pets would be better spent farming gold and then just buying them off the AH when they show up.

I can buy whatever I want off the AH if I'm willing to pay for it but the pets I'm having real trouble with are rares of the Molten Hatchlings, Jade Oozelings, and Tiny Twister. I finally found a rare Infected Fawn after weeks of searching. I can't believe that one was so hard for me.

Faela
MVP
Pet Score:2774
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Faela » November 1st, 2012, 7:41 am

The one I can't seem to get is Gundrak Hatchling. I've been after it for years; tried farming it myself with no luck, and it never shows up on the AH either. Oh well, one day!

Hotsofrage
Pet Score:1946
BattleTag®:DancingDead#1883
Realm:Gul'dan-us

Post by Hotsofrage » November 1st, 2012, 7:20 pm

Well, in Cata I farmed hard for the Vial of the Sands recipe... looking for Canopic Jars.

At some point I got the Crawling Claw to pop up, and remember thinking "Damn, that's a few jars that could have my recipe."

Fast forward to Wowkemon and I'm glad I got the claw when I did. I eventually stumbled across the Vial but still am unable to afford the vendor mats. In short? I'm thankful for my claw.

TTL: I got my claw and didn't appreciate it until MoP.

Otherwise, it felt like forever to get my rare Minfernal.

Kinski
Pet Score:2342
Realm:Skullcrusher-eu

Post by Kinski » November 1st, 2012, 8:22 pm

Faela wrote:The one I can't seem to get is Gundrak Hatchling. I've been after it for years; tried farming it myself with no luck, and it never shows up on the AH either. Oh well, one day!
skullcrusher eu alliance side had some in the AH for the last weeks. prices dropped from 25k to 18-20k.
as of now, one in the AH, 15K bid, 18K BO.

but they are listed under "misc" and then "companion pets" in the AH, and not under battlepets.

i really don't understand why these two are separate, but that's a different story.

Faela
MVP

Post by Faela » November 2nd, 2012, 6:40 am

Kinski wrote:skullcrusher eu alliance side had some in the AH for the last weeks. prices dropped from 25k to 18-20k.
as of now, one in the AH, 15K bid, 18K BO.

but they are listed under "misc" and then "companion pets" in the AH, and not under battlepets.

i really don't understand why these two are separate, but that's a different story.
I know they're listed under Misc, I check both categories every day! :) The one in Misc is for items that teach pets, and the Battle Pets section is for learned and then caged pets.

Moonglade is a backwater server, though, and I'm not willing to pay real money to transfer somewhere else just for a pet.

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » November 2nd, 2012, 11:23 am

Faela, you can buy pets on other servers w/o transferring, it just takes a little time and has to be in your region.

Make an alt on the server, sell you extra pets there, use the gold to buy other pets. I've been shuffling gold between my servers by buying pets on one server and selling on another. The caged pets only have a deposit of 1 silver, so you can do like 3 quests in the starting area and have enough to sell a couple pets to get started (I usually use a night elf or undead). If you end up with extra gold on the other server you want to get back, buy pets there to sell on your main server.

Also, don't forget about the opposite faction on your own realm. The AH may have different pets available, very different pricing. You can sell pets on an alt there, and have a friend help you get the gold back over the neutral.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Dragonling
Top Rater
Pet Score:2160
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Dragonling » November 6th, 2012, 1:42 pm

I finally lucked out with the Silithid Hatchling, though now I sort of regret settling for an uncommon when there were quite a few more spawns left (guild mate picked up most of the rest and got a rare). The biggest one I'm waiting for now is a Scourged Whelpling. Crossing my fingers for today's reset!

Faela
MVP

Post by Faela » November 6th, 2012, 5:20 pm

Yay! It seems Breanni answers wishes because she just put a Gundrak Hatchling up for sale on the Black Market and I managed to buy it for 11k. Time to go to Dalaran for a /hug :D

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » November 19th, 2012, 12:58 pm

I've been trying for days to catch rare Red-Tailed Chipmunk and Infested Bear Cub. These little guys seem cursed to me :(

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » November 19th, 2012, 2:44 pm

Highly recommend the following tactic, if you're not using it already, for the Infested Bear Cubs (also works for Diemetradon Hatchlings). These pets both spawn next to a 'mommy' and path around with it--Infested Bear in this case.

Whenever you find a Cub, put a raid marker on the Infested Bear that it's walking with. This is a mommy bear and it will spawn another cub within 10 minutes or so. The area is pretty small so if you don't have competition, you'll identify the mommy bears pretty quickly. After you see the first wave of Cub respawns, kill all the non-marked bears. When they respawn, they have a chance to be a mommy bear. Give them ~5 minutes to spawn a cub, again mark the ones with cubs, and kill the non-marked. As long as nobody comes along and kills your marked bears, you'll slowly build up a good supply of mommies, and the cubs should follow.

B4leigh

Post by B4leigh » November 25th, 2012, 5:43 pm

The evil Singing Sunflower. I have followed all the directions (rows upon rows of flowers - spitters, freezers, vines, pumkin bombs. I get to the last wave, and fail. I even got a copy of Plants Vs. Zombies so I could practice.

Fail. Fail. Fail. I haven't been back to try for awhile. Maybe by writing this I will finally break my streak of bad luck, lol. :?

Probably next is the minifernal. I have actually had pretty good luck with all the other hard to find pets I've gone looking for so far.

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » November 26th, 2012, 8:06 pm

Rare Robo-Chicken was pretty bad for me. And if we're adding farming I can add Crimson whelp. I had farmed that evil thing since alpha and finally gave in and bought it. Yes, it was in my first to 25 group. /pats whelp

Mezcaal
Top Rater
Pet Score:6205
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Mezcaal » January 15th, 2013, 10:01 am

Not exactly a pet, but I've been farming Horseman's Reins since the first year he was out and still don't have his mount. ARGLE.

But if I have to choose a pet... Possible Crawling Claw.
>> Pet Interaction Guide https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16249 <<

Kagalii
Top Rater
Pet Score:10513
BattleTag®:Mikadochan#1520
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Kagalii » January 15th, 2013, 11:31 am

I had a really hard time getting the Wanderer's Festival Hatchling. The problem was the festival started at like 4 am my time and ended at 6 am and I have work monday at 9 am. And the few times I did manage to stay up late or wake up very early all the hatchlings (maybe 3-5 at a time) were snatched so quickly on my very high population server that I could barely even target them with my macro. But now that they changed the times to PST I was able to be at the festival at 9 am (at work) and got a hatchling. Glad that's over.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » January 15th, 2013, 12:20 pm

Those of you who want a fox kit..you need to know that the rules have changed. You can now get it from the tol barad quartermaster for tol barad commendations. This means that all you need to do is run a lot of tol barad dailies. No more mother fox murders!

Foresttnymph
Pet Score:13104
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Foresttnymph » January 15th, 2013, 1:16 pm

the one pet that has still eluded me is the scourged whelping in icecrown stubborn little sucker just dont wanna show up i think this crossrealm thing is also making it difficult as heck to find rares that anyone is looking for

Selina
Pet Score:7553
BattleTag®:Tigerlily#1408
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Selina » January 15th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Scourged Whelping, I know thats one for many, many, many people. Just logged in after server restart, and nothing completely gone. Then started the fighting in channel 1, I have to say it is hilarious to watch this still going on, but I think the kicker is a guy apparently fought 15 of them because they weren't rare. His excuse, Oh, well I don't get undead pet stones only beast :roll: , . It's ridiculous, Idk why people can't just be happy with one, and then upgrade it, whenever they get a stone. This whole thing has definitely reaffirmed my strong dislike for CRZ.

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » January 15th, 2013, 7:26 pm

Rare Larva. :x
ImageImage

Enzzo
Pet Score:6336
Realm:Executus-us

Post by Enzzo » January 15th, 2013, 9:38 pm