Sky Fry for Wod I'm confused!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sonso
Pet Score:13732
Realm:Exodar-us
Sky Fry for Wod I'm confused!

Post by Sonso » April 13th, 2015, 8:18 am

Okay I understand in order to learn the Sky Fry I would need to be Revered with the Sha'tari Defense. My question is if I see one on the AH can I buy it and learn it without having the rep. for the Sha'tari? Some have said yes others have said you need the rep. I really don't want to have to grind this out if I don't have to but.... sigh... would do it for a pet! lol

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Re: Sky Fry for Wod I'm confused!

Post by Sibi » April 13th, 2015, 8:32 am

I have the bone wasp and sky fry in the collection but rep for neither faction. It might be like the landshark. As long as someone that has the rep learned the pet then caged it to trade you can learn it as well. If they just buy the pet then trade it to you then you can't learn it without the rep.

Sonso
Pet Score:13732
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Sonso » April 13th, 2015, 8:41 am

Thank you ! This is exactly what i was wondering. So Ah is okay but not if you get it as a gift. Now if I could just find one in my AH! :) They sure don't show up very often.

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » April 13th, 2015, 10:25 am

As long as the pet isn't appearing in red you should be able you learn it (Like the land shark would if youre not friend with nat).

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » April 13th, 2015, 11:07 am

I'd assume that is the case. The ITEM that teaches the pet requires the rep to learn it. Once it's been learned and caged however anyone can learn it.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » April 13th, 2015, 1:11 pm

Sonso wrote:Okay I understand in order to learn the Sky Fry I would need to be Revered with the Sha'tari Defense. My question is if I see one on the AH can I buy it and learn it without having the rep. for the Sha'tari? Some have said yes others have said you need the rep. I really don't want to have to grind this out if I don't have to but.... sigh... would do it for a pet! lol
Of all the Rep groups out there for WoD, I only have the qualifications for the Frostwolf Pup, yet I have all 5 pets. I don't even have an Alliance Toon that could have a Garrison to get the Alliance Pets (Draeni Micro Defender and Sky Fry).

BTW anyone who needs a Frostwolf Pup just reach out to me - LynneSin#1318. I'll swap with any of your Alliance Rep pets (I share them with my guild).

Abbotta

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » April 13th, 2015, 2:07 pm

I wrote that with a sleep addled brain so maybe I wasn't too clear. AH is fine, yes. Gift is even fine as long as the person learned it and then caged it before giving it to you. Like the person above said, so long as it isn't showing up red, you're good. Like LandShark will appear red if you try to buy if from the Misc. section of the AH if you don't have the proper rep with Nat. Or if you friend bought it from Nat then turned around and gave it to you without learning it first.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » April 13th, 2015, 2:54 pm

Annoyingly, there is a guy on this site going around the pages for these rep pets and posting the (incorrect) information that you need the rep to learn even the caged versions of these pets. Not sure what your deal is, [profile]Mydoc[/profile], but this is just not true...

There is no hidden requirement. If the item doesn't say "requires xxx" on it, you will be able to use it.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » April 13th, 2015, 3:07 pm

Once they get enough down votes, the comment will be hidden. Best way to get rid of incorrect information. :)