My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Fishing Tiny Carps

Share pet collecting news and advice.
User avatar
Aquitas
 
Posts: 43
Joined: June 18th, 2013
Pet Score: 4256
BattleTag®: Aquitas333#1619
Realm: Kilrogg-US

Fishing Tiny Carps

Postby Aquitas » April 9th, 2015, 11:35 pm

Does anyone know if you need to fish up a tiny carp from a pool in a specific area or can you find them in any pool?

Thanks Aqui

User avatar
Stella3
 
Posts: 119
Joined: November 4th, 2014
Pet Score: 4018
Realm: Cenarion Circle-US

Re: Fishing Tiny Carps

Postby Stella3 » April 9th, 2015, 11:56 pm

Wowhead has good spots to find them. If I remember correctly the green carp and white carp is found nearly anywhere, while the blue carp is only a few pools and the most difficult and rarest of the carps the red carp, is only found in one pond. Having actually fished them all up and the amount of time it took to get the red carp, i'd reccommend buying the red and possibly blue carp, the other two take a couple hours really.
Image

User avatar
Sibi
Top Rater
 
Posts: 883
Joined: March 12th, 2013
Pet Score: 4614
BattleTag®: sibylline#1481
Realm: Emerald Dream-US

Re: Fishing Tiny Carps

Postby Sibi » April 10th, 2015, 12:03 am

I was told not to fish IN the pools. And once I stopped fishing IN the pools they finally started dropping. (I never got them but my friend that fished with me did)
I'm not sure how long it took for the others, I forget now, but it only took half an hour or maaaaaybe an hour to get the red one to drop.

User avatar
Stella3
 
Posts: 119
Joined: November 4th, 2014
Pet Score: 4018
Realm: Cenarion Circle-US

Re: Fishing Tiny Carps

Postby Stella3 » April 10th, 2015, 1:14 am

Sibi wrote:I was told not to fish IN the pools. And once I stopped fishing IN the pools they finally started dropping. (I never got them but my friend that fished with me did)
I'm not sure how long it took for the others, I forget now, but it only took half an hour or maaaaaybe an hour to get the red one to drop.


The red one is only found in the one pond and it took near 10 hours of fishing (off and on of course)
Image

User avatar
Sibi
Top Rater
 
Posts: 883
Joined: March 12th, 2013
Pet Score: 4614
BattleTag®: sibylline#1481
Realm: Emerald Dream-US

Re: Fishing Tiny Carps

Postby Sibi » April 10th, 2015, 2:54 am

Stella3 wrote:
Sibi wrote:I was told not to fish IN the pools. And once I stopped fishing IN the pools they finally started dropping. (I never got them but my friend that fished with me did)
I'm not sure how long it took for the others, I forget now, but it only took half an hour or maaaaaybe an hour to get the red one to drop.


The red one is only found in the one pond and it took near 10 hours of fishing (off and on of course)


Yea, they're found in specific areas but not in the pools of fish that spawn in those areas is what I'm saying. We did catch Red Carp in Townlong near the Pet Battlemaster there. We were careful not to fish directly from the pools. We were there maybe an hour tops while he leveled his fishing, I just wanted the pet :)
So while they do drop in certain areas of water in certain zones you don't have to be fishing out of one of the named fish pool spawns.

User avatar
Abbotta
MVP
 
Posts: 201
Joined: November 18th, 2014
Pet Score: 3626
BattleTag®: LynneSin#1318
Realm: Area 52-US

Re: Fishing Tiny Carps

Postby Abbotta » April 10th, 2015, 9:32 am

Aquitas wrote:Does anyone know if you need to fish up a tiny carp from a pool in a specific area or can you find them in any pool?

Thanks Aqui


I can say this much about the Tiny Green Carp. I wasn't really looking for one and *POOF* one popped up when I was fishing a pool over in Kun-Lai Summit. I was trying to work on Anglers rep along with becoming Nat Pagle's best friend so I had been doing alot of fishing in Pandaria so I guess the odds were bound to happen that one of the Carps was bound to be fished.

However, I'm not a very patient persion when it comes to some of these world drops. If the odds are 1 in 8,000 that a pet might drop it's easier for me to gather up the Mats to sell in the AH and just buy the pet myself, especially since pets tend to be cheaper here in Area 52 AH.

User avatar
Peanutty
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: May 3rd, 2011
Pet Score: 4773
BattleTag®: PBCup#1312
Realm: Kil'jaeden-US

Re: Fishing Tiny Carps

Postby Peanutty » April 10th, 2015, 1:15 pm

El's Extreme Angling is a good site for all fishing info but it's not coming up for me right now.

And I agree with all the above that pointed out to NOT fish from pools. Dunno if it's been proven or not that they don't drop from them but who wants to spend hours testing it?

I got my green and white very quickly (I think like 3 and 15 casts each? I don't remember) while red took the longest (1 to 2 hrs a day for several days) but it's all RNG, so hope you're patient!

User avatar
Aurae
Top Rater
 
Posts: 100
Joined: May 7th, 2013
Pet Score: 4328
BattleTag®: Aurae#1297
Realm: Ravencrest-US

Re: Fishing Tiny Carps

Postby Aurae » April 10th, 2015, 3:28 pm

Unfortunately, El's has been down for a while now. I'm not sure if anyone has heard anything as to the why. :(

User avatar
Lerraszune
 
Posts: 4
Joined: March 19th, 2013
Pet Score: 3828
BattleTag®: Lerraszune#1319
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord-US

Re: Fishing Tiny Carps

Postby Lerraszune » April 10th, 2015, 3:58 pm

I recently fished them up myself (except for the green), and it took about eight hours total fishing with breaks and distractions included. I caught them all from open water fishing. Not a single one came from a pool. In fact I am fairly certain that they will not drop from pools of fish at all. They appear as secondary loot to the fish loot from the lure so don't dismiss loot boxes before seeing them for a few seconds.

Despite some claims on wowhead, they do drop alongside any fish type as long as you are fishing the right spot. With a fishing skill of 600+, you should honestly never experience a failed cast.

Also, be aware that if you take too long to loot a nibbled lure, the fish will get away and you will get an 'There is no loot.' error message. It's about a 3 second delay at most it seems.

Stats: Total fishing level of 835, with 100 pnt lure boost, hat, and dragon pole. No charms used or anything.

Red: Small pond North-West of Niuzao Temple. This one dropped fastest for me for how rare it is acclaimed to be. 250 casts.

White: The waters around the White Tiger Temple in Kun-Lai. This one took up the majority of my time at a painful four and a half hours.. About 550 casts.

Blue: The ruby pool where Garnia spawns on the Timeless Isle. Convenient if you also need the ruby droplet! 400 casts.

Green: This one I got as a gift a long time ago, so unfortunately I have no input, but it is fairly cheap on my AH when I do see it. About 1-3k gold.

User avatar
Stella3
 
Posts: 119
Joined: November 4th, 2014
Pet Score: 4018
Realm: Cenarion Circle-US

Re: Fishing Tiny Carps

Postby Stella3 » April 11th, 2015, 1:11 am

Sibi wrote:
Stella3 wrote:
Sibi wrote:I was told not to fish IN the pools. And once I stopped fishing IN the pools they finally started dropping. (I never got them but my friend that fished with me did)
I'm not sure how long it took for the others, I forget now, but it only took half an hour or maaaaaybe an hour to get the red one to drop.


The red one is only found in the one pond and it took near 10 hours of fishing (off and on of course)


Yea, they're found in specific areas but not in the pools of fish that spawn in those areas is what I'm saying. We did catch Red Carp in Townlong near the Pet Battlemaster there. We were careful not to fish directly from the pools. We were there maybe an hour tops while he leveled his fishing, I just wanted the pet :)
So while they do drop in certain areas of water in certain zones you don't have to be fishing out of one of the named fish pool spawns.


Oh I see what you mean, totally agree. :D
Image

User avatar
Abashera
 
Posts: 258
Joined: September 14th, 2013
Pet Score: 3114
Realm: Hyjal-US

Re: Fishing Tiny Carps

Postby Abashera » April 11th, 2015, 2:36 pm

They fixed it, we don't get crap when we fish anymore.

...Oh you said Carp. My bad.


Return to Pet Collecting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests