Naxxramus?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ragingfurball
Top Rater
Pet Score:1829
Realm:Durotan-us
Naxxramus?

Post by Ragingfurball » December 7th, 2012, 7:12 am

Hey, I just wanted to clarify with the more knowledgable people here about the Naxxramus pets. A friend and I ran through Naxxramus up in Northrend today and didn't get a single pet drop. Upon looking up the raid, I noticed that apparently there was an older Naxxramus that was removed from the game in patch 3.01, when blizzard moved it to Northrend and made it for level 80's.

Am I at the right Naxxramus, or has the old one been restored and is hiding out somewhere in the Eastern Kingdoms? While I would hate to have burned all that time just to find out I've been barking up the wrong tree, I would rather know that I was at the right place and had a bad loot roll this time. Thanks your time and feedback everyone! : D

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Naxxramus?

Post by Quintessence » December 7th, 2012, 7:57 am

The vanilla Naxx doesn't exist anymore. The pets drop from the Naxx that can be found in Dragonblight, Northrend. Good luck! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Bonhomous
Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us

Post by Bonhomous » December 7th, 2012, 8:47 am

Correct, it's the raid Naxx in Dragonblight. You don't need to be in a raid to enter it anymore, a party works just fine.

My friend was a lvl 90 Frost DK and I was a lvl 86 resto shamman and we were able to clear the entire instance.

The bone spider pet dropped and the . . . the one that calls in the spores. . .just a sec, let me look it up. . . Fungal Abomination, that's it. Also dropped. The Stitched Pup did not.

The hardest fights in the instance was Stitches (still hits hard) and the Instructor (hits very hard) - and the last boss (which you don't need for the pets, but we completed anyway is still going to kill anyone who gets caught in a frost trap.

The pets are cute, but it's annoying to me that they're all undead. Spider should be beast with maybe undead attacks. Fungal Abomination should be elemental, in my opinion.

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » December 7th, 2012, 9:23 am

Yeah, it's the Northrend one. Although I would love a chance to get Corrupted Ashbringer from the old Naxx... :oops:

Tatra
Pet Score:4589
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Tatra » December 7th, 2012, 4:53 pm

What I have noticed is that the first week this was out me and a friend went pet hunting. On our mains this is what happened. Molten core-1 pet
Naxxramus- 2 pets
Bwl-Nothing
Aq40- 1 pet

ran molten core on alts and got another pet.

So far this week i have ran on one alt Molten Core and Aq40, so far have recieved 1 pet from Molten Core and 2 pets from Aq40.

On our mains we have ran Bwl which dropped 2 pets and Molten Core that only dropped 1.

For some reason i have been thinking that this week some of the pets that didn't drop last week are going to drop this week for us, and then next week others that we havent got should possibly drop.
So what i am thinking is next week when you run Naxx you should get a few pets.

TippyKitt
Pet Score:2789
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by TippyKitt » December 7th, 2012, 5:15 pm

Tatra wrote: For some reason i have been thinking that this week some of the pets that didn't drop last week are going to drop this week for us, and then next week others that we havent got should possibly drop.
So what i am thinking is next week when you run Naxx you should get a few pets.
Sadly I'm afraid thats not the case. I got a couple of my raid pets from a friend who got the same thing twice in a row. Its really up to RNG. ^^;

Violatrix

Post by Violatrix » December 7th, 2012, 5:41 pm

Imthedci wrote:Although I would love a chance to get Corrupted Ashbringer from the old Naxx... :oops:
Gear from the original Naxx that has since been "removed" from game occasionally appears on the black market AH, so you may still have that chance :)

Ragingfurball
Top Rater
Pet Score:1829
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Ragingfurball » December 8th, 2012, 3:50 pm

Thank you for the info! It's good to know I was looking in the right place, as a buddy and I both died numerous times in there. Despite being an 86 tank and a 90 hunter, there were a few bosses that we just couldn't drag down. And the few that we did manage to kill didn't drop a thing... T_T

Oh well. At least I know I'm going to the right spot. Now it's just a matter of regrouping and coming back with some more firepower.