Scourged Whelpling

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Whitemist
MVP
Pet Score:6836
Realm:Kazzak-eu
Re: Scourged Whelpling

Post by Whitemist » January 2nd, 2013, 4:09 pm

I got so desperate that I transfered a alt to a german RP server with low population. I logged on and off for 3 times for 20-30 min during a evening around 20:00-22:00 servertime, on a monday. Last time I logged on, to my great surprise 10-15 of them had spawned, and not a player in sight. Caught 2x uncommons, and became the happiest panda to ever :)

Byntaran
Pet Score:2762
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Byntaran » January 3rd, 2013, 5:45 pm

Oh what fun. Fly from Dal to Argent Tourney, and I see a ton of them. Land and run back, and they are all gone.

I like most of CRZ, but that's annoying.

Mawder
Pet Score:2555
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Mawder » January 3rd, 2013, 11:30 pm

Tokoyo wrote:I got so desperate that I transfered a alt to a german RP server with low population. I logged on and off for 3 times for 20-30 min during a evening around 20:00-22:00 servertime, on a monday. Last time I logged on, to my great surprise 10-15 of them had spawned, and not a player in sight. Caught 2x uncommons, and became the happiest panda to ever :)
Not desperate at all. I xfered an alt to easily get all the 5.1 wild pets after stressing out with too much competition. I'm sure you'll keep your character on that server for future purposes :)

Draconigena
Top Rater
Pet Score:9001
Realm:Turalyon-eu

Post by Draconigena » January 4th, 2013, 3:23 am

Formerruling wrote:The new pets added in 5.1 seem to correctly use the new spread out spawn system, but the pets like Minfernal and Scourged were not retroactively changed it seems - Still have to beat the CRZ coming back online after a reset to see many of them.
Been hanging around there, on and off, for 2 days and haven't seen any whelpling yet.

On the CRZ thing: I guess I am not the only one hating that feature with all the heart.
On every spot with rare spawns, every time I see at least 3-4 other people hanging around from other realms. It is really starting to piss me off.

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » January 4th, 2013, 11:20 am

Draconigena wrote:On the CRZ thing: I guess I am not the only one hating that feature with all the heart.
On every spot with rare spawns, every time I see at least 3-4 other people hanging around from other realms. It is really starting to piss me off.
I doubt you'd find anyone outside of Games Development who holds a differing opinion.

Usually hostility to new 'features' can be passed of as the vocal minority complaining, but I honestly believe the silent and vocal majority have nothing to gain from CRZ, and the negitive impact of increased camping (pets, mounts, hunter pets, even quest mobs) affects us all.

Notamonk
Pet Score:833
Realm:Firetree-us

Post by Notamonk » January 4th, 2013, 12:00 pm

Angel_02 wrote:i tried 24hrs after server restart and still no luck i swear this pet is a myth :(
This and the Mini Infernal were put into the game to taunt pet collectors! :( lol

Still yet to see any spawns of these pets. I would glady take an uncommon any day of the week if I ever saw these beauts spawn.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » January 4th, 2013, 2:15 pm

I would even take a poor...I have never seen one despite repeat trips to Sindragosa's Fall. :(

Kendralara
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Kendralara » January 4th, 2013, 2:59 pm

I have been camping and checking every few hours on 3 servers for almost 2 weeks... still, nothing. I've varied the times a little and even tried overnight. I, too, have seen them while flying in, fly back and no pets, no other players, so I think this is a CRZ issue. I fly on my server and land on another one or some such thing (per hubby).

Anyway, between this pet and the Minfernal, I'm positive I'm being punk'd. :cry:

Greenrowan
Pet Score:1614
Realm:Quel'dorei-us

Post by Greenrowan » January 5th, 2013, 1:59 am

I only believe in Minfernal because I caught one yesterday and I have seen campers. I never see campers anymore for this one. I feel like a) they have given up b) they caught one and that is why I haven't or c) they know some special time that they spawn at and only come at that time.

I hate CRZ! I would hate the people from the other servers, but they are probably thinking the same thing about me encroaching on "their" territory.

Keye
Pet Score:4123
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Keye » January 5th, 2013, 3:11 am

I got this a week or so ago. I was told they spawn every 24 hours after the servers came back up.
Camping Sindragosa's Fall across multiple toons, this wasn't the case. There weren't even other people camping. When it did spawn, it was just under 2 minutes after the dailies reset, on two different realms.
May be worth a shot if you're having trouble.
Last edited by Keye on January 6th, 2013, 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greenrowan
Pet Score:1614
Realm:Quel'dorei-us

Post by Greenrowan » January 5th, 2013, 11:47 am

Yay! After my rant last night, I log on this morning to see a lovely green footprint where I've never seen one before in Icecrown. 10:45 am server time. Not sure the spawns had to do with anything as I actually do not know when dailies reset.

They do exist... Keep hunting and you will eventually get one.

Byntaran

Post by Byntaran » January 12th, 2013, 2:03 am

Hooray! About 48 hours after server restart. I thanked my puppy for wanting out and waking me up with an extra special treat of 'people food'.

Boyya
Pet Score:4188

Post by Boyya » January 12th, 2013, 12:39 pm

Got mine last night, it's uncommon, but I will just use stone, thank goodness no more camping for him. Now just need minfernal to pop.

Radnok
Pet Score:4023
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Radnok » January 14th, 2013, 11:03 am

Finally got this one after many fly-by attempts. I only spotted two of them, but traffic was heavy in the area. Of the two I spotted, one was uncommon and the other common. I'll probably stone him, unless I get luckier next time.

It was at about 5:30 AM server time that I spotted them.
Radnok (Alliance/Kilrogg)
Igasho/Pandirella (Horde/Madoran)

Byntaran

Post by Byntaran » January 20th, 2013, 6:47 pm

Looks like they are getting a spawn rate boost next patch so it won't be one big batch every 24 hours anymmore.

Bonhomous
Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us

Post by Bonhomous » January 21st, 2013, 2:01 pm

Posted somewhere about my luck last week right after server reset logging in and getting a couple of these.
Saturday I was in the area at the same time of day (2pm EST) and about 15 minutes later they started popping up.

I invited two friends of mine on different servers into my group and they came over and captured some of their own.

I do think that they only spawn once every 24 hours - it's going to get pushed back a bit each day because by the time you find it and battle it it's not going to be exactly 2pm again - it's based on when it disappears not when it appears.

Good luck people, it's out there - Blizz screwed the pooch when they put this in and then didn't make an instant rare. So you farm it for weeks and then when you get your whelpling it's a poor quality one.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996

Post by Breehit » January 22nd, 2013, 12:48 pm

Good grief, unless Blizzard changes this "spawn at 24 hour intervals after server restart" thing, people like me who cannot go on WoW during the day on weekdays will be forever left out. I try every hour while I am online (weekends almost all day and evenings till almost 2 am). It feels hopeless. I do pray that it becomes more reasonable at the next patch. Until then, no scourged whelping for this working stiff.

Bonhomous
Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us

Post by Bonhomous » January 22nd, 2013, 2:06 pm

Breehit wrote:Good grief, unless Blizzard changes this "spawn at 24 hour intervals after server restart" thing, people like me who cannot go on WoW during the day on weekdays will be forever left out. I try every hour while I am online (weekends almost all day and evenings till almost 2 am). It feels hopeless. I do pray that it becomes more reasonable at the next patch. Until then, no scourged whelping for this working stiff.
I feel your pain because I work during the week 9-5. I happened to be sick on a Tuesday when servers came up so I lucked out that I was sick. :|
I would definitely try on a Saturday or Sunday around 11am PST. (server restart time)

Dazzles
MVP
Pet Score:3964
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Dazzles » January 23rd, 2013, 4:18 pm

Just caught my on Venture Co (US).

There are like 8-9 there right now.

So glad I spent the $$ to transfer here.

Just today I've gotten my Infinite Whelpling, Nexus Whelpling, Harpy Youngling, Stunted Yeti, Lofty Libram.

After trying for hours on my main server. LOVE YOU VENTURE CO!

Angel_02
Top Rater
Pet Score:8050
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Angel_02 » January 27th, 2013, 6:15 pm

Squeeee I finally got my scourged whelping...its only a common but i have a stone ready and waiting for making this one rare.

Thank you to whoever suggested venture co for this, i made a DK got through the start zone, found a lovely mage who gave me a port to dal and then took the free flight to the argent tournament. Pet was sitting there just waiting for me, was super happy.

Went up the path a bit further and saw another one but left it for others because i know how hard this is to find.

Not sure if i can bring people over that are higher level than me or not though, if someone knows if inviting a 90 to group would bring them to my server that would be good and if it would work i can try help others get the pet