Scourged Whelpling

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu
Re: Scourged Whelpling

Post by Hellomynameis » December 18th, 2012, 1:40 am

Safina wrote:but a horde feared me away from it . they weren't after it so I tried again. still the same thing happened.. Then a panda came and they left the panda alone. I assume the horde was saving it for the panda. so I flew way out on the other side
It might be counter productive of me, since if I give them the pet they might stop hunting for it, but I just cant help it. If/when someone does that to me, like fear me away, or just dot me to get me out of the pet combat so they or a friend can fight that pet. I instantly target the pet, and kill it before they have a chance to kill me(my squishy low level camping alt). It must be all those years on a PvP server making me do this, but if someone try to steal, and I am not going to get it..they sure as H aren't going to get it either.

...and sometimes, I take out my pet named "you made your bed" and follow them around killing the pets they try to tame. /pointing to my pet making an emote they can read; "..points at You Made Your Bed". The years on a PvP realm being ganked has damaged me..I think.

However.. I never pick a fight, but if someone picks a fight with me, I am not the one to let it go easy. It's all part of the "if you mess with me, I will mess with you, together with 2-3 of my friends"-mentality on a PvP realm.

Frozenpets

Post by Frozenpets » December 18th, 2012, 5:43 am

agree with what was said. stay strong on this one

I began my love of pet battles in november and went on a rampage through every single attainable pet and am not on the tcg pets. well I was left during that time with two pets that weren't rare(from wild). minifernal, and scourged. mini I finally found a good breed and just upgraded with a lucky magic stone....

but the scourged.....I left an 85 DK with 310 flying out there since I hit around level 15 w/ my pets in november. I checked every day, multiple times per day, sometimes camping out, sometimes flying around for an hour at a time. finally 3 days ago I logged in(this is after failed reset attempts so many I cant count), and after what was just TWO scourged whelpings over a month of that time(both poor, both the worst breed), I found THREE spawns, one happened to be rare, and the perfect breed. this was not after a reset, it was at the SAME time I had checked every day for the previous 30 days, and I rarely* saw people out there. for whatever reason it was just always empty, unlike felwood where you see 5-10 campers.

stay with it, you will get the right one.

Eviver
Pet Score:5244
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Eviver » December 18th, 2012, 11:57 am

I just had the best luck ever with scourged whelpling and had to share.

I was online and saw the Server-reset /cross-realm reset in 5 Minutes So I finished my daily and used my argent tabard. I flew out to the spawns for the scourged whelpling saw there was tons of people there so didn't think i had a shot. Found a good place to check out spawns then waited. The Server reset disconnected me and I saw that most servers were offline but Korgath was still online where i had a level 80 parked in Dalaran. From my exp I know that during server resets Korgath and LIghtbringer are usually 5 minutes behind on reset so I logged in and flew out there. As I got into Icecrown i got an message spam saying Transfer Aborted Cross realm Server Offline. When this happens you usually get an empty zone so i thought o well At least i can fly out there and get ready for the reset just as i got there Mobs started to show up and 3 Battle pet icons Showed up on the mini map. I click the closet one. Saw the message Server reset in 1:30. The Mob i got had an Common H/H Whelpling along with a rare cockroach. H/H being the breed i Wanted i decided to cap it not that i had much of a choice with a server reset about to dc me. I pray that i left a good pet in my slot 1 and hope that i can cap before i get dced, I had left a level 24 Spider in which with its low damage Life leech attack is great for capping as long as i dont use brittle web. So I battle hoping I can finish before the reset. Trap attempt 1. miss Tramp attempt 2 Sucess. Now all that stood between me were 2 cockroaches. First cockroach Casts swarm and i thought OMG the animation is so long then 700 HP crit dead. next a rare cockroach Message Server reset in 30 Seconds. OMFG SWARM again as i SPAM 1 1 1 1 1. As the cockroach died i saw the message Scourged whelpling Captured I quickly mounted up and tried to see if i could check the other spawns. as i mounted up a felt the dc as i was dcing a looked at my chat log and saw You Receive Flawless Undead Battle Stone. At this point I thought WOOT WIN!!! Story could end right there and be great but there's more.

anyways With the server reset I got DC saw that my main's server was back up and I guess i should get back to dailies First attempt to log in World Server down. I thought i got my whelping and stone already So i wasnt in a rush to log back in so i check my email quickly. next attempt to log back in I load up in icecrown as i logged in i saw there was a whelping right next to me so I click on it. Saw that it was a rare P/S breed and i thought cap or log out.. I decided to cap I pray i didnt get ganked. SUCEESS . also seems like 2 or 3 other people caught rares too from the chat in general.

Soo today I caught 2 Whelplings ! 1 rare and 1 came with a undead stone!

Now the question is do I Use the stone on the H/H breed or be happy with my Rare P/S

Angel_02
Top Rater
Pet Score:8050
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Angel_02 » December 19th, 2012, 2:34 am

all these stories of people getting scourged whelplings make me sad, i can never find one :(

if anyone is on a low pop server that see spawns often and want to help me out with pulling me to their server to look that would be nice...?

Jutath
Pet Score:2692
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Jutath » December 19th, 2012, 10:25 am

I saw like 6 of these buggers spawn this morning a couple minutes before the restarts, so 705ish or so, got lucky and managed to snag 2 after the restart. At the very least I won't have to worry about these guys again.

Zooster
MVP
Pet Score:3018
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Zooster » December 19th, 2012, 11:52 pm

Like so many of the 'harder to get' pets, they are just farmed a lot but with this pet specifically, it does spawn randomly in singles and as a whole batch that covers the area.

If you are in the EU then make sure you have a char of any lvl in the Warcraft Pets guild on Silvermoon Alliance side and as we often help with the pita pets by spending 10 mins to check upto 15 servers and then CRZ people in.

I am sure that the US guys also work as a team like this.

:P

Bonhomous
Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us

Post by Bonhomous » December 20th, 2012, 10:37 am

Jeykama wrote:Friends of mine have parked lv1 alts at that area and had successfully caught whelplings with them, so doubtful if there is any phasing there at all.

When you fly from the flight master in dalaran to the tournament grounds and see a ton of scourged whelplings below you, then you land and fly back on your mount and they're all gone, you know that that you have just been wiped by the CRZ boss.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » December 20th, 2012, 2:11 pm

I GOT AN UNDEAD BATTLE STONE LAST NIGHT!! :D
Guess who got upgraded? :lol:

Mawder
Pet Score:2555
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Mawder » December 23rd, 2012, 6:24 am

Zaelo wrote:I GOT AN UNDEAD BATTLE STONE LAST NIGHT!! :D
Guess who got upgraded? :lol:
Nice. I decided to use my Generic Family one. I guess I was inpatient.

Mawder
Pet Score:2555

Post by Mawder » December 23rd, 2012, 6:26 am

Bonhomous wrote:
Jeykama wrote:Friends of mine have parked lv1 alts at that area and had successfully caught whelplings with them, so doubtful if there is any phasing there at all.

When you fly from the flight master in dalaran to the tournament grounds and see a ton of scourged whelplings below you, then you land and fly back on your mount and they're all gone, you know that that you have just been wiped by the CRZ boss.
Blizzard really needs to fix this. It reminds me of when stores would advertise for items they didn't sell, just to get you in the store.

Humbelle
Pet Score:4574
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Humbelle » December 23rd, 2012, 1:09 pm

I got VERY lucky this morning. I am on Ysera and I was flying up to do my Major Payne daily and there were 5-6 Scourged Whelps spawned. That was approximately 10:56 a.m.

I read somewhere that if you are on the same CRS group, that if you look 24 hours after a known spawn that you have a good chance of finding them. IDK if you are on the same cross realm group but if you are, try tomorrow around 10:56 server time. :-)

Kiowa
Top Rater
Pet Score:5349
BattleTag®:Towgrunt#1690

Post by Kiowa » December 29th, 2012, 12:57 am

Can this pet show up as a secondary in a battle?

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » December 29th, 2012, 1:10 am

Tikawaylan wrote:Can this pet show up as a secondary in a battle?
I don't think so, no.

Amedeesse
Pet Score:3252
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Amedeesse » December 29th, 2012, 1:58 am

I did a solid week long hunt for this pet, stayed up all hours of the day. I would like to say I didn't stay exclusively there, but on the 6th or 7th day I finally found a poor that spawned. By that point I was so fed up with camping him that I decided it wasn't worth the headache of hunting a rare, that was before the stones were even mentioned. Now I'm just waiting for a stone to upgrade him, and I'm totally happy I didn't wait or force myself to hunt a rare of him.

This was also the case for the Minfernal that I named Arrhythmia. I got dead lucky they other day, and I swear I was having a few arrhythmias when I saw him, and saw that there were other campers closer to him. :)

Angel_02
Top Rater
Pet Score:8050
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Angel_02 » December 30th, 2012, 5:59 pm

still no luck finding one of these....are we sure they exist? because i swear they don't on darkspear

If anyone who is on a low pop realm or sees them often on their server would like to be my realid friend and maybe help me find one that would be nice?

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » December 31st, 2012, 4:27 am

I sooooo hate the scourged whelping. I keep returning to Sindragosa's Fall, but they are never up. It is unfortunate that Blizzard will not have this one spawn randomly, since some of us may not be able to camp for a server reset. I suppose that this pet will be the one that prevents me from reaching the achievement.

Amedeesse
Pet Score:3252
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Amedeesse » December 31st, 2012, 5:01 am

I got a nice surprise the other day, I was looking at pets to make a list of stones I needed... Turns out when I had my flawless stone I had stoned him, and forgot all about it. Best surprise ever. :)

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 31st, 2012, 10:51 am

Breehit wrote:I sooooo hate the scourged whelping. I keep returning to Sindragosa's Fall, but they are never up. It is unfortunate that Blizzard will not have this one spawn randomly, since some of us may not be able to camp for a server reset. I suppose that this pet will be the one that prevents me from reaching the achievement.
I believe Blizzard has indeed done this. They have randomized all pet spawns so they don't pop at server restart. The last couple server restarts there were none available.

I ended getting mine on a Latin America server. I've created DK's on Low pop US servers, Latin America servers, Oceanic servers and Brazil servers. Use Time Zones to your advantage, 11pm for me is 2am on my Brazil server for example.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » January 2nd, 2013, 1:28 pm

Thanks for the advice, Talmar. I guess I will have to try the foreign server trick. :)

Azmeaiel
MVP
Pet Score:9672
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Azmeaiel » January 2nd, 2013, 3:53 pm

I have found in just about every case of a rare that Blizzards 'fix' was to simply make the mass spawn 4 hours after a reset, most of the new 5.1 pets dont spawn for 4 hours after any restart/reset and tbh ive seen most of the old rares do same thing, once this mass spawn is gone they seem to spawn slowly and staggered, although a few old pets do still spawn en- mass on resets.