My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Share pet collecting news and advice.
User avatar
Abbotta
MVP
 
Posts: 201
Joined: November 18th, 2014
Pet Score: 3626
BattleTag®: LynneSin#1318
Realm: Area 52-US

So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby Abbotta » March 23rd, 2015, 7:38 am

I'd essentially have to give up a mortgage payment on my house so that I could buy a pet that was only available during some Coke promotion during a World Championship in Shanghai. If I could find it out there.

Come on Blizzard - revisit this achievement. I'm looking at Warcraft Pets and the collection rate next to Spectral Cub - 0.0%

Why have an achievement if absolutely NO ONE can actually get the last pet. I understand making achievements hard to do - what fun would they be if they were easy peasy things. But to make them impossible to the point that absolutely no one can actually do the pet because it really doesn't exist anymore. It's like saying I could climb Mount Everest then find out the moved the damn thing to Jupiter which no one could actually go there anyways.

I'm just slightly annoyed. I had 32k in gold itching to be spent and it was between the Spectral Tiger Cub (28k) or a Darkmoon Rabbit (33k, I could save up a bit more). I went with the cub thinking that was the hardest pet to get.

Oh well.

UPDATE: I am officially a Crazy Cat Lady!!! Dustiwind from Feathermoon allowed me to borrow her Black Tabby Cat for 5 minutes so I could get the Title (I only needed one more and only BTC listed in the AH was for 250k I kid you not). In return I update her uncommon BTC to a rare before returning.

It pays to read the details - I didn't realize I needed only 20!
Last edited by Abbotta on March 27th, 2015, 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Merana
 
Posts: 162
Joined: February 26th, 2013
Pet Score: 4988
Realm: Aman'Thul-EU

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby Merana » March 23rd, 2015, 7:44 am

But you get the achievement even if you don't collect every last one of the cats. You just need 20 from the list.

User avatar
Sibi
Top Rater
 
Posts: 887
Joined: March 12th, 2013
Pet Score: 4876
BattleTag®: sibylline#1481
Realm: Emerald Dream-US

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby Sibi » March 23rd, 2015, 8:04 am

Black Tabby is farm--able...a bit of a pain but doable.
Panther Cub is free after a short questline.
Cinder Kitten is 10$ on the Blizz store. If your house payment is 10$ I want to live where you live...maybe.
Guardian Cub is no longer obtainable through the store but can be purchased off the AH.
Nightsaber Cub the card is about 20$ on TCGLOOT.com and the pet itself can be purchased off the AH.
Guardian Cub, Nightsaber Cub, and Black Tabby are cageable, sometimes kind people will loan their pets out for achievs, I've done it for several friends.
You only need to learn one of these.
The Spectral Cub isn't even needed.

User avatar
Topaz
 
Posts: 169
Joined: December 30th, 2013
Pet Score: 4045
Realm: Magtheridon-EU

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby Topaz » March 23rd, 2015, 8:19 am

most of the pets are extremely easy to acquire - 9 of them are from vendors for money or DM cards (that includes white kitten), sapphire cub is by much cheaper than on MoP days, and if youre missing feline familiar there is bound to be someone at your guild that can land it do you just for the purpose of the achive. with those 11 youre already more than half-way there.
5 more cats are found in the wild - none of them is rare. with all the guides that are available xu-fu is easy enough, and mr. bigglesworth is easy, either by buying the pets for the 1st RwL , or runnig the old raids, panther cub quest is a joke at lvl 85 - more so at lvl 100.
All of those combined will get you to 19 - meaning you need to only use a large amount for 1 pet - which you already did.

User avatar
Abbotta
MVP
 
Posts: 201
Joined: November 18th, 2014
Pet Score: 3626
BattleTag®: LynneSin#1318
Realm: Area 52-US

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby Abbotta » March 23rd, 2015, 9:12 am

Merana wrote:But you get the achievement even if you don't collect every last one of the cats. You just need 20 from the list.


Well blow me down a river. I stand corrected. I thought I needed ALL of the cats.

*** gets off her damn soapbox and realizes she now can actually get the achievement ***



Here is the list that you need. I think I need just one or two more.
Black Tabby Cat
Calico Cat
Cheetah Cub
Cornish Rex Cat
Feline Familiar
Guardian Cub
Nightsaber Cub
Panther Cub
Sapphire Cub
Silver Tabby Cat
Spectral Cub
White Kitten
Xu-Fu, Cub of Xuen
Bombay Cat
Cat
Cinder Kitten
Darkmoon Cub
Fluxfire Feline
Mr. Bigglesworth
Orange Tabby Cat
Sand Kitten
Siamese Cat
Snow Cub
Spectral Tiger Cub
Winterspring Cub

User avatar
Dirkie
 
Posts: 92
Joined: December 21st, 2012
Pet Score: 4016
BattleTag®: dirk#1435
Realm: Frostwolf-US

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby Dirkie » March 23rd, 2015, 9:40 am

Mark your list with the ones you have and maybe someone can help you out.

User avatar
FuxieDK
 
Posts: 528
Joined: July 27th, 2009
Pet Score: 5002
BattleTag®: FuxieDK#2678
Realm: Draenor-EU

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby FuxieDK » March 23rd, 2015, 9:46 am

There are 24 cats in-game.
4 of them are acquired from BlizzStore or TCG
20 are acquired from vendors, boss-drops, achievements or similar.

Achievement require 20/24 cats to be collected..

How is this a problem?

User avatar
FuxieDK
 
Posts: 528
Joined: July 27th, 2009
Pet Score: 5002
BattleTag®: FuxieDK#2678
Realm: Draenor-EU

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby FuxieDK » March 23rd, 2015, 9:49 am

Abbotta wrote:
Merana wrote:But you get the achievement even if you don't collect every last one of the cats. You just need 20 from the list.


Well blow me down a river. I stand corrected. I thought I needed ALL of the cats.

*** gets off her damn soapbox and realizes she now can actually get the achievement ***



Here is the list that you need. I think I need just one or two more.
Black Tabby Cat
Calico Cat
Cheetah Cub
Cornish Rex Cat
Feline Familiar
Guardian Cub
Nightsaber Cub
Panther Cub
Sapphire Cub
Silver Tabby Cat
Spectral Cub
White Kitten
Xu-Fu, Cub of Xuen
Bombay Cat
Cat
Cinder Kitten
Darkmoon Cub
Fluxfire Feline
Mr. Bigglesworth
Orange Tabby Cat
Sand Kitten
Siamese Cat
Snow Cub
Spectral Tiger Cub
Winterspring Cub
Mr. Biggelsworth is undead and Fluxfire is mechanical and thus not considered cats..
You're missing White Kitten (isn't that the name, sold by Timmy?)

User avatar
Lauramars
 
Posts: 7
Joined: January 17th, 2015
Pet Score: 1751
Realm: Eonar-US

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby Lauramars » March 23rd, 2015, 9:58 am

This isn't a list she made up, it's from the achievement itself. Mr Biggs and the fluxfire feline both are valid cats that count towards the achieve.

User avatar
Pommie
MVP
 
Posts: 15
Joined: May 20th, 2014
Pet Score: 4318
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord-US

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby Pommie » March 23rd, 2015, 10:57 am

I've found joy by spending rather a lot of money at WoW TCG Loot.

I realize not everyone has a budget for buying pet cards, but it is one valid way to go.

User avatar
Topaz
 
Posts: 169
Joined: December 30th, 2013
Pet Score: 4045
Realm: Magtheridon-EU

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby Topaz » March 23rd, 2015, 11:28 am

Pommie wrote:I've found joy by spending rather a lot of money at WoW TCG Loot.

I realize not everyone has a budget for buying pet cards, but it is one valid way to go.

until xu-fu came (on 5.4) you had to buy a pet either from the pet store, TCG or an extremely expansive pet in the AH. now that guardian cubs aren't available anymore, you again need to either pay for a black tabby/spectral cub on the AH or get one from TCG or store. it would have been nice if blizz would have added birman and widget to make it easier to acquire for people that cant afford store pets.

User avatar
Celya
Top Rater
 
Posts: 57
Joined: February 19th, 2014
Pet Score: 4103
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel-EU

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby Celya » March 23rd, 2015, 12:00 pm

Abbotta wrote:Well blow me down a river. I stand corrected. I thought I needed ALL of the cats.

*** gets off her damn soapbox and realizes she now can actually get the achievement ***


If it helps, you are not alone in making that mistake. I gave the achievement one glance, decided I ain't paying no real life money for no virtual pets, and... got it kind of by accident when I bought a Black Tabby off the ah for the collection.

I don't understand why Widget the Departed and the Cursed Birman were not added to the list, though, they're also kitties... albeit on their last lives...

User avatar
Sibi
Top Rater
 
Posts: 887
Joined: March 12th, 2013
Pet Score: 4876
BattleTag®: sibylline#1481
Realm: Emerald Dream-US

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby Sibi » March 23rd, 2015, 2:20 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
Mr. Biggelsworth is undead and Fluxfire is mechanical and thus not considered cats..
You're missing White Kitten (isn't that the name, sold by Timmy?)[/quote]

This is not true, they count. (Biggles and Fluxfire that is)
And if you check the achiev page it shows you which ones you're missing. If you check my earlier post I mentioned which ones you were missing aside from the Spectral Cub and where to get them.

As for Widget and Birman they were added way after Crazy for Cats achiev so Blizz probably never thought to amend the achiev list...maybe someone with a devs ear could mention it needs changed ;)

User avatar
Abbotta
MVP
 
Posts: 201
Joined: November 18th, 2014
Pet Score: 3626
BattleTag®: LynneSin#1318
Realm: Area 52-US

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby Abbotta » March 23rd, 2015, 2:33 pm

Celya wrote:
Abbotta wrote:Well blow me down a river. I stand corrected. I thought I needed ALL of the cats.

*** gets off her damn soapbox and realizes she now can actually get the achievement ***


If it helps, you are not alone in making that mistake. I gave the achievement one glance, decided I ain't paying no real life money for no virtual pets, and... got it kind of by accident when I bought a Black Tabby off the ah for the collection.

I don't understand why Widget the Departed and the Cursed Birman were not added to the list, though, they're also kitties... albeit on their last lives...


I have to agree about Widget and the Cursed Birman - with those I would be at 20.

But looking at the list I'm at 18 cats so now that I am gleefully enlighted I now know that I just need 2 more cats to be a crazy cat lady. Obviously the Spectral Cub is ruled out. So I could spluge the $10USD for the Guardian Cat or Cinder Kitten but I really don't feel like spending the real life money. That leave me trying to get the Black Tabby Cat (20K), Nightsaber Cub(30K) or Panther Cub (questline). I've seen the BTC for a cheaper price, I think at one point I could have picked it up at 5k but I will look into the Panther Cub questline too.

User avatar
Kpb321
 
Posts: 938
Joined: April 30th, 2013
Pet Score: 3974
BattleTag®: kpb#1554
Realm: Sisters of Elune-US

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby Kpb321 » March 23rd, 2015, 3:40 pm

That quest is really easy as I recall. It was easy at lvl 90 so it should be just plain boring at 100. Keep in mind you don't have to keep the pets after you get the achievement. You could "rent" one of the expensive pets by buying it on the AH, learning it to get the achievement and then selling it on the AH again. If you get a decent price for it you might even make a profit. Or you might find someone nice who will loan you one of those pets just long enough to get the achievement.

User avatar
Dolz
 
Posts: 93
Joined: July 23rd, 2013
Pet Score: 5119
Realm: Trollbane-US

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby Dolz » March 23rd, 2015, 3:43 pm

The Black Tabby Cat shows up in the BMAH fairly frequently and usually goes for less the 2K on Trollbane.

User avatar
Peanutty
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: May 3rd, 2011
Pet Score: 5100
BattleTag®: PBCup#1312
Realm: Kil'jaeden-US

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby Peanutty » March 23rd, 2015, 4:47 pm

Kpb321 wrote:Keep in mind you don't have to keep the pets after you get the achievement. You could "rent" one of the expensive pets by buying it on the AH, learning it to get the achievement and then selling it on the AH again. If you get a decent price for it you might even make a profit. Or you might find someone nice who will loan you one of those pets just long enough to get the achievement.


^^^ This. I've loaned out some of the harder to get kitties to friends who needed it for the achieve. It made it so much easier for those that were part way there but just needed a few more to finish it off.

User avatar
FuxieDK
 
Posts: 528
Joined: July 27th, 2009
Pet Score: 5002
BattleTag®: FuxieDK#2678
Realm: Draenor-EU

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby FuxieDK » March 24th, 2015, 1:12 am

Topaz wrote:
Pommie wrote:I've found joy by spending rather a lot of money at WoW TCG Loot.

I realize not everyone has a budget for buying pet cards, but it is one valid way to go.

until xu-fu came (on 5.4) you had to buy a pet either from the pet store, TCG or an extremely expansive pet in the AH.
Not quite true...
Crazy For Cats achievement was implemented in the same patch as Timeless Isle (and thus Celestial Tournament and XuFu).

It have ALWAYS been possible to get the achievement, without spending real life cash...

User avatar
Stella3
 
Posts: 119
Joined: November 4th, 2014
Pet Score: 4018
Realm: Cenarion Circle-US

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby Stella3 » March 26th, 2015, 9:33 pm

I bring this up only because I made this mistake:

I had assumed the title meant to catch all the listed cat pets, but really it meant to capture most but not all. To my surprise I picked up a cat pet and there was the achieve.

If all you want is the achieve then that is easy, just have someone who trussts you lend you all the cats and there you go!
Image

User avatar
Rhaban
 
Posts: 4
Joined: December 27th, 2014
Pet Score: 1724
Realm: Sinstralis-EU

Re: So for me to get Crazy Cat Lady...

Postby Rhaban » March 27th, 2015, 5:34 am

That’s why the achievement description is important - "Obtain 20 of the cats listed below"


Return to Pet Collecting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests