What is fastest way to level?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Morrior
Pet Score:6758
Realm:Hellscream-us
Re: What is fastest way to level?

Post by Morrior » December 13th, 2012, 11:24 am

What I do, and have done for some time as it is part of the mechanics,

Go to the Stable Master in Kun-Lai Mountains (top left side of the map there is a Stable Master)

Lineup:
Lowbie Leveling Pet Usually level 9+ for Pandaria Areas
Level 25 DPS Pet
Level 25 Zepplin or Mechanical Pandarian Dragonling (Any pet with Explode)

Step 1: Use lowbie pet to get any type of damage on the level 23+ mob
Step 2: Swap him out for pet #2
Step 3: Beat the crap out of all of the pets up to #3 Enemy pet, getting him down to around 400hps or so.
Step 4: continue to Pass turn until he kills pet #2
Step 5: Switch to Zepplin pet #3 and use my explode button (typically will wait for a pet to use their safety ability (cocoon, dive, evade, dodge ect..) once that is blown,) i explode killing #3. Giving ALL XP to pet # 1

Typically on lower levels from 9 - 21 I can get upwards of 1000xp per battle, and for 10sp i can revive all the pets and do it again. Also if you have the safari hat from the pandari Questline you get a bonus 10% to pet experience.

I've leveled a pet from 1 to 25 in a little over an hour this way, with no trainer exploits, just battling.

Morrior
Pet Score:6758

Post by Morrior » December 13th, 2012, 11:27 am

Poofah wrote:sure:

Snail: Absorb/Acidic Goo/Dive
I am a bigger fan of Absorb / Shield / Dive

The shield gives you almost 100% absorb for those pets that do stampede, most of the time their stampede only hits for like 50 - 80 damage usually x3 or 4. This shield absorbs it completely so that ability of theirs is negated.

Puluz
Pet Score:10206
Realm:Darksorrow-eu

Post by Puluz » December 13th, 2012, 12:34 pm

Poofah wrote:
Haven't used any snails so far whatsoever so asking that do you have any suggestions which snail (does it matter?) and moreover, which breed, fast or strong or what?
The best best best snail is Shimmershell Snail, breed 4, but any high-power snail will do fine (Rapana Whelk is pretty easy to find in Dread Wastes, very close to the water spirit, and starts at level 22+). The water spirit will stack whirlpool and geyser so they hit on the same turn -- you just need to Dive with 1 turn left on those debuffs and they'll miss you. Snails are generally great against elementals due to being critters with a strong aquatic attack, and in this case Dive also prevents a ton of damage.
I'm prolly being silly but can't find from warcraftpets.com other breeds for shimmershell snail than 6, 7, and 3? :?:

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » December 13th, 2012, 2:03 pm

You're not being silly: I was just wrong. There's no breed 4. I meant the breed 7, which is the highest power version.
Morrior wrote:I am a bigger fan of Absorb / Shield / Dive
Usually I agree but on this particular fight (water spirit), Acidic Goo is better, since the elemental spends so much time setting up debuffs and not hitting you. Also you need more dps over defense in this fight, since all the tidal waves will kill your lowbie if you let the fight drag out. If it were one of the other Pandaria elementals (Zusshi or Dread Wastes guy), then I'd use the shield.

In any case, I'm not using a snail for this any more -- a moth plus a flayer is better, since reflect currently avoids end-of-turn effects, which is pretty much all of the water spirit's damage.

Palatank
Pet Score:7098
Realm:Khadgar-eu

Post by Palatank » January 4th, 2013, 1:11 pm

Earth spirit:
I use a:
Tolai Hare (Breed SS) with: Flurry, Dodge, Burrow
Darkmoon Zeppelin with: Missile, Decoy, Explode

Have the pet to level eat the Crystal + Rupture
Switch to to Tolai Hare, Flurry until Rupture is off cool-down, and use Burrow
kill Fire-Elemental using Flurry.
When he switches in Sludgy, use Dodge, Flurry, Burrow (should be off cool-down)
after this the Hare should be dead, other wise Flurry
Kill Sludy with just Missile,
Soon Darnak the Tunneler comes in Missile, Decoy, Missle, until hes below 800 hp and use Explode.

if Failsafe comes in to play before Darnak, start over

Notamonk
Pet Score:833
Realm:Firetree-us

Post by Notamonk » January 4th, 2013, 1:59 pm

What I found to be the best way to level pets is to go into zones that are 2 levels higher then your current pets. Try and find pets that are uncommon/rare and tame them.Once tamed rinse and repeat continuing to go into higher level zones with your "leveling team" and keep taming higher level pets to move up in the levels fast.

Once you get some pets to level 20-23 go to dragonblight and kill the Dragonbone vultures. Bring two of your high level pets from your "leveling team" and sub in one of the pets that you actually want to level up.

All you need to do is have your low level pet in for one round and then use the other pets to kill them. The low level pet ends up getting allot of exp. Ideally if you can a pet or two that can kill themselves (like the Darkmoon Zepplin) then your pet gains the exp that would have been divided between the two other pets.

This should in theory take about three hours and a bit to complete (atleast that's how long its taken me in the past). Once you get a pet or two to level 25 it's reeeeally easy to level up pets.

Best of luck!! :D

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » January 4th, 2013, 9:37 pm

Palatank wrote:Earth spirit:
I use a:

Have the pet to level eat the Crystal + Rupture
Switch to to Tolai Hare, Flurry until Rupture is off cool-down, and use Burrow
kill Fire-Elemental using Flurry.
When he switches in Sludgy, use Dodge, Flurry, Burrow (should be off cool-down)
after this the Hare should be dead, other wise Flurry
Kill Sludy with just Missile,
Soon Darnak the Tunneler comes in Missile, Decoy, Missle, until hes below 800 hp and use Explode.

if Failsafe comes in to play before Darnak, start over
OMG you are AWESOME, thank you. I tried combos of 2 with one leveling and died for over an hour, this combo you listed worked for me! Thank you!

Lilhottie
Pet Score:2252
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Lilhottie » January 14th, 2013, 7:07 am

Poofah wrote:You're not being silly: I was just wrong. There's no breed 4. I meant the breed 7, which is the highest power version.
Morrior wrote:I am a bigger fan of Absorb / Shield / Dive
Usually I agree but on this particular fight (water spirit), Acidic Goo is better, since the elemental spends so much time setting up debuffs and not hitting you. Also you need more dps over defense in this fight, since all the tidal waves will kill your lowbie if you let the fight drag out. If it were one of the other Pandaria elementals (Zusshi or Dread Wastes guy), then I'd use the shield.

In any case, I'm not using a snail for this any more -- a moth plus a flayer is better, since reflect currently avoids end-of-turn effects, which is pretty much all of the water spirit's damage.
Hi all,
Poofah, I've been using your suggestions to good effect. Today I found an optimization for the Water Spirit, so I thought I'd share it with everyone.

I use (all rare):
a breed 4 (P/P) bat with all default abilities (bite, screech, reckless strike)
a Flayer Youngling (I have a breed 12 H/BB but I think perhaps a 4 would be best P/P) (with triple snap, reflect, rampage)
a leveling pet that can eat a variable number of tidal waves. (Will be few with average RNG but I just got bad RNG and it took awhile) Looks like around 800 health is enough or the lowbie needs a avoidance ability to pop.

Start with Marley (the aquatic).
The bat opens with reckless strike which does 750-830 odd damage. (Note: I've fought the water spirit 15-20 times now and my bat has never managed to 2 shot marley, although it seems possible with Marley only having 1600 health.)
Marley sets up whirlpool.
switch to flayer.
Marley dives
use reflect
Marley's stuff misses and he takes his whirlpool and gets rooted for 2 rounds.
Switch back to bat and reckless strike ending marley.
Tiptoe the critter skimmer (wtf is up with that.) comes in
bat bites forcing tiptoe to heal first round
bit screeches slowing tiptoe
tiptoe uses tidal wave
bite with bat until tiptoe is dead or the bat dies (if you get unlucky with bad RNG)
swap in flayer if necessary to finish tiptoe (perhaps will have to triple snap at the end)
Water Spirit comes in
switch in lowbie for 1 round while water spirit is setting up
switch to bat and reckless strike until dead or until 2 rounds remain on water spirit effects.
switch to flayer
reflect
all 3 water spirit attacks miss and flayer does the whirlpool against him.
ravage him down the remainder.

Also, I noticed a funny thing while testing this tonight with a nether faerie dragon lowbie. I tried life exchange with the water spirit at 1769 health and the dragon something below her 880. It hit the spirit for 566 and healed the dragon above 880. When the spirit did it's next tidal wave, the dragon took the damage off its over-health pool and went down to 880. She took 330 damage it showed but her health bar was full! She took full normal damage on the next round. Interesting bug!

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » January 18th, 2013, 2:23 pm

Imho the fastest way to level pets without burn yourself out by doing the same fights over and over again
Id advise the tamers also but contrary to others you can beat 98% of all tamers + spirits with
Fluxfire Feline & Anubisath Idol (sometimes a Emerald Proto-Whelp instead of the mecha cat)

At the start of tamer Leveling I was using a Team for each Tamer/Spirit but Im now gone to use the same pets for all.

Dazzles
MVP
Pet Score:3964
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Dazzles » January 21st, 2013, 7:00 pm

Hyjal is a good place too, lots of pets and a stable master close-by.

Restofarian
Top Rater
Pet Score:4064
BattleTag®:Restofarian#1262
Realm:Azralon-us

Post by Restofarian » January 22nd, 2013, 6:25 am

I use a:
Fantastic! Never managed to 2x3 this guy before, now I do. Any combo for the spirit in Jade Forest?

Waveryn
Pet Score:13627
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » January 22nd, 2013, 9:01 am

Bamboofarian wrote:
I use a:
Fantastic! Never managed to 2x3 this guy before, now I do. Any combo for the spirit in Jade Forest?
If you mean Whispering/Air Spirit. I find it the easiest one and my Celestial Dragon with Default, Breath/Ancient Blessing/Moonfire has taken out all 3 with great RNG but easily deals with the Moth/critter(treat it like a flyer) Dragon, use Moonfire and Blessing on every cooldown for these two. I keep a Rep. Whelk as backup for the elemental.
Wave

Restofarian
Top Rater
Pet Score:4064
BattleTag®:Restofarian#1262
Realm:Azralon-us

Post by Restofarian » January 22nd, 2013, 3:56 pm

Waveryn wrote:
Bamboofarian wrote:
I use a:
If you mean Whispering/Air Spirit. I find it the easiest one and my Celestial Dragon with Default, Breath/Ancient Blessing/Moonfire has taken out all 3 with great RNG but easily deals with the Moth/critter(treat it like a flyer) Dragon, use Moonfire and Blessing on every cooldown for these two. I keep a Rep. Whelk as backup for the elemental.
Fantastic again. Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » January 23rd, 2013, 12:26 am

Bamboofarian wrote: Fantastic! Never managed to 2x3 this guy before, now I do. Any combo for the spirit in Jade Forest?
#5 Flayer + Infinite Whelp (or other strong dragonkin attack-wise) works wonders too. The flayer can beat moth and (depending on dodges etc) 80-90% of time dragon too. Dragon is there to deal the spirit itself.

Note: you want successfully to reflect the first moth dust without it sleeping the moth though, otherwise the dragon will be swapped in which can cause some trouble.
- Taking your candles since 2005

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » January 23rd, 2013, 2:22 am

Lilhottie wrote:Today I found an optimization for the Water Spirit, so I thought I'd share it with everyone.

I use (all rare):
a breed 4 (P/P) bat with all default abilities (bite, screech, reckless strike)
a Flayer Youngling (I have a breed 12 H/BB but I think perhaps a 4 would be best P/P) (with triple snap, reflect, rampage)
I like the bat idea -- this sounds quicker than my current setup. I settled on Anubisath Idol + Flayer Youngling (Triple Snap, Reflect, Rampage), because Sandstorm makes the Tidal Waves hit for ~35 damage and lets your lowbie survive much better. You also have 2 Reflects and can reflect almost all Whirlpools/Geysers. The tradeoff is that the fight tends to drag on if Rampage misses against Tiptoe, because Triple Snap is terrible with Sandstorm up.

For the Air Spirit, I've been using Soul of the Aspects -- kind of like the bat plan, he's got strong attacks against both of the first two pets. And Reflection never hurts.

Tatra
Pet Score:4589

Post by Tatra » January 24th, 2013, 12:18 am

tamers hat + panda spirits + 2 panda tamers =1 to level 25

Phoenixap
Pet Score:8515
Realm:Stormreaver-us

Post by Phoenixap » January 25th, 2013, 5:47 pm

Aki - Completely solo with Anubisith Idol. Crush, Reflection, Sandstorm. Drop the battle until she starts out with the dragon. kill the dragon, get a round in with each of your lowbies (with Sandstorm up) and then heal up with Anub while the cricket does no damage. Destroy the otter with reflect and sandstorm. I like Aki because I can raise 2 pets up from level 1 to 8 and they take no damge. Just bring them in during Sandstorm on cricket. Easy! Now you have two pets with enough hps to take a hit from basically anything else (note, this doesnt work with elementals because they ignore sandstorm and will take damage from the cricket).

Thundering Spirit - Fast rabbit (s/s) and darkmoon zepp. Start on earth spirit, dodge right away to skip stun, flurry, then burrow. Then use dodge and burrow on cooldown. (Remember dodge works 2 rounds when the rabbit is faster). Zepp just use decoy strategically. Remember to get your lowbie in for one round of damage somewhere, i like it on the second pet.

Whispering Spirit - Green Proto Drake Whelpling (p/b or p/p) can solo the entire fight. Bring 2 noob pets. Get some early hits in with the noobs. Use emerald bite (poor fliers), Emerald Presence, and Emerald Dream. Use dream immediately after Emerald Presence if you need it. Alway refresh Emerald presence at 1 stack. Slightly slow, but easily done.

Hyuna - Darkmoon Zepp and Green Proto Drake. Start with Fangor and use your Zepp. Bombing Run, Decoy, Missile, Missile (and bomb hits). Dead Fangor. Switch to noob and hit the fly once and take a dot. Switch to Whelp and destroy fly with Emerald Bite while Emerald Presence absorbs dmg. Once the fly is dead, switch back to your Zepp and use Decoy on cooldown while whittling away at Dor. He will never hit you. Ever.

Mo'Ruk - Emperor Crab (p/p) and a Darkmoon Zepp. Fight Woodcarver first, Emperor Crab with Snap, Healing Wave, and Shell Shield makes pretty short work of Woodcarver. I then switch to the Emerald Proto Drake and fight it down. I use a combination of the Proto and Crab for Needleback. Make sure to get a hit in with the low level pet - i like to eat a dust off the moth for that if it can. (this is not my best fight by any imagination - so if anyone has an award winning combo here, thats great!).

Flowing Spirit - Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling, Toothy (or any croc). Use Peck, Slicing Wind, and Liftoff on the Gryphon to fight Marley - you just Peck, Peck, Liftoff, and MAYBE peck. You will never get hit once. Get in a hit with your low level (but not TOO low level, this fight has a lot of back row damage). Do a ton of damage and maybe kill the Water Strider with the Gryphon. Switch to Toothy for the elemental. Rip, Water Jet, Blood in the water. Rip, the BITW, then Water Jet. Dead elemental. Toothy will probably die to pre-casted spells but who cares? Don't bring an elemental to level up this fight, the backrow damage will just eat it up.

Wastewalker Shu - Magical Crawdad and Yellow Moth. Magical crawdad can kill everything, but I just level one pet here so I bring a moth to kill Crusher super fast. Bring in your noob on the switch first.

Zusshi - Any Croc and Yellow Moth - Kill the elemental and critter with rip and blood in the water with a few judicious water jets. Bring in your noobie on Mollus NOT Diamond. Kill Skimmer with your moth.

Burning Spirit - Anubisith Idol and Croc. Start off with Idol versus dragon. I sandstorm, crush, reflect second round of liftoff, then crush til victory. I generally get my levelling pet in for the Fly. Croc can make short work of remaining pets after idol bites it (rip and blood in the water as per usual).

Yon - I use Mini Diablo because I have it for the chicken and then Flayer Youngling for Hare and Kid. You could easily use a dragonkin here for the chicken.

Nishi - Emperor Crab solos the entire team. Use Surge, Healing Wave, Whirlpool. Super fast, super easy. Just get the timing down for whirlpool. Level 2 pets, get them in first, then switch to crab. You can do this and only get one sunlight, so pets as low as level 4 are fine.

Incidentally, this is also the route I use.

TLDR - Anubisith Idol, Yellow Moth, Spring Rabbit, Chuck, Emerald Proto Whelp, Darkmoon Zeppelin, and the ever steady Emperor Crab are my most used pets for Dailys.