Finally completed Celestial Tournament!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us
Finally completed Celestial Tournament!

Post by Saviya » March 13th, 2015, 9:00 am

Yes, an expansion late but I never took the time to sort through my pets and get the ones I needed in the right breeds. Finally did that, and it was a lot less painful than I expected!

Now the big question... which pet to get first? I'm tempted by Zao because he is just adorable, but are there any that are just hands down a must have for facerolling?

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Re: Finally completed Celestial Tournament!

Post by Kel » March 13th, 2015, 9:30 am

Xu-Fu is by far the best of the 4, as far as usefulness.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » March 13th, 2015, 11:30 am

Xu-Fu and Chi-Chi are the two I've used the most. Zao never seemed all that impressive battle wise. Nothing wrong with getting him first since you can get all of them I don't think it's that important which you get first.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » March 13th, 2015, 5:08 pm

I found Chi-Chi to be the most useful for PvE. While Xufu and Yula can occasionally be useful, Chi-Chi comes with multiple setups that work well. Never had a huge use for Zao outside being a Wish-bot for my primary leveling pet to save on downtime.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Corah
Pet Score:13318
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Corah » March 14th, 2015, 10:00 pm

Could be worse. I have all the pets, I just hate the event so much that I haven't bothered to do it to get my last 2 pets.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » March 18th, 2015, 1:12 am

Xu-fu is a very powerfull beast... That is most likely the best choice for first..

The 3 others, in my eyes, are kinda meh...

And grats on finally nailing the Tournament... It really requires some footwork to be able to complete the first time, with all those required pets...

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » March 18th, 2015, 9:06 am

Congrats!

Now it's time to start working on your 'Awfully Big Adventure'. I thought it would be a challenge doing those tamers with the Plushie but it's actually quite easy. Mind for ABA that's all WoD, Outland, Northend, Catacylism, Darkmoon Faire, Pandaria, Celestials and both Winterspring and Deadwind Pass Tamers with two pets and your Plushie.

Looking at the tried and true methods I have found about 75% of them seem to require your Idol and an Emerald Proto-Drake. What's nice with Celestials and the ABA is you can run in, do your Plushie, run out and heal if you need those same pets again for another tamer in there.

Good luck and I went with Xu-Fu.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » March 19th, 2015, 12:21 am

Abbotta wrote:Now it's time to start working on your 'Awfully Big Adventure'. I thought it would be a challenge doing those tamers with the Plushie but it's actually quite easy. Mind for ABA that's all WoD, Outland, Northend, Catacylism, Darkmoon Faire, Pandaria, Celestials and both Winterspring and Deadwind Pass Tamers with two pets and your Plushie.
Plushie achievement is much easier than levelling strategies, because of two things:
1: Achievement doesn't require Plushie to be in battle, thus you won't loose two rounds of attacks, swapping it in and out.
2: Plushie doesn't need to be alive and he can soak huge hits (if need be) due to large health..