Sister of Temptation has a color changing skin (maybe?)

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us
Sister of Temptation has a color changing skin (maybe?)

Post by Peanutty » March 9th, 2015, 5:35 pm

(Credit goes to Wain from Petopia for pointing this out, though I now see a few others pointing out the same under the [pet]Sister of Temptation[/pet]'s Comments tab. Today was the first time I'd heard of it!)

Don't think it's been mentioned in the forums here yet but the Sister of Temptation has 2 skins: a blue only (the color shown in the pet's profile image) and a color-changing skin which can show up as red or blue, both in the pet journal and on summon. It's unrelated to the breed - I have 2 H/Bs right now and one is stable blue while the other color changes. Don't know if it'll get fixed (though if it does, I really hope they'll just turn the color changers into red), but for those who have to have one of each skin, it's something to look out for. :)

EDIT: After reading comments below and doing some testing, it appears the color changing skin is either unstable or temporary, or that something got fixed in the reset this morning.
Last edited by Peanutty on March 10th, 2015, 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Painbow
Pet Score:10044
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Re: Sister of Temptation has a color changing skin

Post by Painbow » March 10th, 2015, 5:20 pm

I used to have one in fact I'm the guy who submitted the red-colored screenshot to wowhead. I took that in black temple and I think I accidentally sold her.

So when exactly does it turn red? At log in? At /reload? If I buy a couple off the AH right now, what do I have to do to trigger the red one? That's the one I want most.

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » March 10th, 2015, 5:44 pm

I used to have one that was pink in the journal, and when summoned was a colour changer, but she's blue now and doesn't change colour anymore. I wonder if I somehow managed to break it or if some hotfix did.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » March 10th, 2015, 5:44 pm

Painbow wrote:So when exactly does it turn red? At log in? At /reload? If I buy a couple off the AH right now, what do I have to do to trigger the red one? That's the one I want most.
When you summon the color changing version it has a chance of appearing with either skin. So if you prefer the red, summon it repeatedly until you get the red version. I think it'll remain red until you log out or dismiss it (mine stayed red through hearthing, dungeon portals, etc, but I didn't test it extensively).

Not sure how to turn it red in the pet journal. When I first learned it it showed up red in the journal, so I knew it was a color changer, but it's shown up as blue in the journal since then.

EDIT: Well none of mine are changing colors now, see the post below. :(
Last edited by Peanutty on March 10th, 2015, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » March 10th, 2015, 5:59 pm

Merana wrote:I used to have one that was pink in the journal, and when summoned was a colour changer, but she's blue now and doesn't change colour anymore. I wonder if I somehow managed to break it or if some hotfix did.
Ugh, you're right, it does seem unstable. I picked up a 3rd one that was also a color changer at first but I just checked it again after seeing your post and it now no longer changes colors. The other color changer I had was still showing up red this morning, but then I boxed it up for the AH. Relearned it and it no longer is changing colors as well. :(

Briannafae
Top Rater
Pet Score:4436
BattleTag®:Briannafae#1899
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Sister of Temptation has a color changing skin (maybe?)

Post by Briannafae » March 10th, 2015, 6:18 pm

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with a broken red sister. I have several blue and last week I finally got one on my horde alt. I logged out shortly after and that pet has not been red since. I caged the pet, relearned it, took all the sisters out, resummoned 50+ times and she has never been red again. I really hope they fix this because I would like to see the red skin again.