Stone droprate reduced?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu
Stone droprate reduced?

Post by Hellomynameis » December 5th, 2012, 4:55 pm

Have I been very unlucky with my latest pet battles and daily quests the last 24 hours, or has the upgrade stone dropchance been reduced this last server maintenance?

The first week I got many, and even two all-round stones, but the drops just seems to have stoppped. I know RNG actually never guaranties anything, but still it seems odd when it coincides with a server maintenance like this. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Perhaps its just my paranoia sneeking up on me..

Darklynx
Pet Score:9711
Realm:Tol Barad-us

Re: Stone droprate reduced?

Post by Darklynx » December 5th, 2012, 5:46 pm

I've actually been wondering about it myself. Had bad luck with stones after the patch (leveled two pets to 25 and no drops) and also got only one raid pet this week.

Wezmerelda
MVP
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Wezmerelda » December 5th, 2012, 6:35 pm

Well, I didn't get a battle-stone from wild encounters until yesterday after over 400 matches. It's all about RNG. It doesn't like me. :(

Adashiel
MVP
Pet Score:3297
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Adashiel » December 5th, 2012, 6:37 pm

It's felt like that to me for the last couple days to me as well. Off the tamers I only got one stone yesterday and none today, while prior to that I was averaging two to three per day. However, a few off days now and then are to be expected. It could be the drop rate was tweaked during one of the hotfixes, but it could just as easily be the fickleness of the RNG.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » December 5th, 2012, 8:13 pm

I've not seen a stone full stop from ANY world pet battle, the only ones I've ever got (3 in total) were from daily bags...

I've done (combined) around 3500 battles, and nothing to show for it :(

RNG...

Yaafm
Pet Score:3669
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Yaafm » December 5th, 2012, 10:22 pm

Seen two stones since the patch one all round and one undead stone. Been doing the dailys. Gonna say RNG.

Valanov
Pet Score:2288
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Valanov » December 6th, 2012, 3:31 am

Got a Humanoid Stone off a Kun Lai Runt when I was trying to capture one of them tonight, made it easy to upgrade my uncommon to rare. Only time I've seen a stone drop outside of bags. Still haven't seen a universal stone, just Magic, Dragon, Humanoid, and Beast stones so far for me.