Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us
Twitter Integration

Post by Dakaf » February 20th, 2015, 12:28 pm

Not sure if anyone else is doing this, but I created a new twitter account for my WoW toon. It is (at)DakafWCP. I plan on sharing pet and other collection pictures etc. I'd love to add more of you guys to that account so I can follow your progress as well!

Cheers!
Dak.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Twitter Integration

Post by Adumbledore » February 20th, 2015, 12:33 pm

I have my twitter account for my blog, which is pet battle-related. It's (at)PetPersuader. I'm not sure how often I'll be posting from in-game, though. lol

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » February 20th, 2015, 1:02 pm

I mostly use the @warcraftpets twitter, but no one wants to see my random shared stuff, so I'll be using @doobjanka for anything I post from the game.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Rannegirl
MVP
Pet Score:5363
BattleTag®:RaiRai#1483
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Rannegirl » February 20th, 2015, 9:09 pm

Though some people are lamenting the addition of Twitter to the game, I've been thinking it might be a good way to help alert other pet collectors when the special conditions that are needed to get some pets are active. Like if on my server it's raining on Jaguero Isle, I could announce it and set up LFR so people could server hop.

Gardenia
MVP
Pet Score:9499
Realm:Grizzly Hills-us

Post by Gardenia » February 20th, 2015, 9:20 pm

I really like the idea of setting up a separate Twitter account just for the WoW thing.... and can't believe I didn't think of it before seeing this post, lol.

Anyone interested in following my little warlock, you can find her @ TamerGardenia. :D
WoW Twitter account: @TamerGardenia

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » February 20th, 2015, 10:17 pm

Absolutely loving this idea. I know a lot of people really disliking the incorporation of twitter in to WoW - but for things like this it's an amazing idea. I only have one for my business and no one wants to see all of that hoopla so I've set one up just for this. @WakamaruWCP ;)
Last edited by Wakamaru on February 20th, 2015, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@TamerWakamaru

Rusti
MVP
Pet Score:6043
BattleTag®:Rusti#1427

Post by Rusti » February 20th, 2015, 11:06 pm

Made one as well! (at)RustiWCP

Now to figure this technology out....

Rannegirl
MVP
Pet Score:5363
BattleTag®:RaiRai#1483
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Rannegirl » February 20th, 2015, 11:20 pm

I've reactivated my Twitter (at)Rannegirl -- been years since I've used it. LOL 8-)

Velgana
Top Rater
Pet Score:10666
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Velgana » February 20th, 2015, 11:45 pm

I've been having my twitter for a while, and I'm primarily a WoW account so you can follow me here: [url=https://twitter.com/VelOfSkywall]VelOfSkywall[/url]

Wakamaru
MVP

Post by Wakamaru » February 21st, 2015, 9:12 pm

Does anyone know if we're going to be able to both send and receive/view tweets in game? Or is it going to be send-only?
@TamerWakamaru

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 21st, 2015, 9:45 pm

Wakamaru wrote:Does anyone know if we're going to be able to both send and receive/view tweets in game? Or is it going to be send-only?
Send-only, I believe. There was no function on the PTR that I saw that allowed you to view your Tweets/responses while in-game.

I'll be using my perksnpeeves Twitter in 6.1, but I don't know how much. While I think Twitter integration is a great idea and it makes things really convenient, I'm wary of new tech and how secure it is.

(Don't get me wrong, though, there's nothing that indicates the Twitter integration is shady or would allow for anything bad to happen to your WoW/Twitter account. So don't let my paranoia turn you off, because that's just what it is, slight paranoia. :P)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » February 22nd, 2015, 4:43 am

Personally, I think Twitter in WoW is one of the biggest wastes of Dev Resources, since Voice Chat..
The messages you send, is for 99,9% of the cases utter spam.

I will never use this feature.... Unless there is one or more achievements tied to it. In that case, I'll spam enough Tweets to get my achievement(s) and promptly delete the Tweets..

Wakamaru
MVP

Post by Wakamaru » February 22nd, 2015, 4:57 am

FuxieDK wrote:Personally, I think Twitter in WoW is one of the biggest wastes of Dev Resources, since Voice Chat..
The messages you send, is for 99,9% of the cases utter spam.

I will never use this feature.... Unless there is one or more achievements tied to it. In that case, I'll spam enough Tweets to get my achievement(s) and promptly delete the Tweets..

I was pretty indifferent about the twitter feature originally for personal use, but I can see where it would be useful to WoW and Pet bloggers. However if I can utilize it to help other collector's out with rare quality pets, weather spawning conditions, and rare spawns that may drop pets/mounts then I'm 100% on board.
@TamerWakamaru

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » February 23rd, 2015, 3:40 am

I have no need for social media, so I'm completely indifferent to this extra functionality.
What I don't understand is people raging about it - if you don't like it, don't use it?
Admitedly, I'm sure there are other aspects that people find more important, such as combating battleground bots, but ...

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » February 23rd, 2015, 4:13 am

Waflob wrote:I have no need for social media, so I'm completely indifferent to this extra functionality.
What I don't understand is people raging about it - if you don't like it, don't use it?
Admitedly, I'm sure there are other aspects that people find more important, such as combating battleground bots, but ...
I feel the same way. I am sure that there are, and will be, people who get use out of this feature. For myself, I have no twitter account and have no plans to get one.

Beanie
Pet Score:3277
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Beanie » February 23rd, 2015, 4:27 am

I made a wow twitter account when I heard in January just in case it gets used for anything useful.
(at)cgaBean

Imry
MVP
Pet Score:6725
BattleTag®:dozyox#1640
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Imry » March 5th, 2015, 10:17 am

I'm super late to the party here, but since the WoW Twitter integration and the S.E.L.F.I.E Camera which I've found to be a TON more fun than I originally thought - I decided to dust off my Twitter and see if I could find some other pet collectors to follow. I've added everyone in the thread so that's a start!

My handle is @murglesnout if anyone would like to follow back - I typically post weather conditions in zones I'm moving through (if relevant to pet collecting, of course!) and random screenshots/achievements.

Piwakawaka
Pet Score:8867

Post by Piwakawaka » March 5th, 2015, 4:49 pm

I've only just got around to sorting my Twitter out @piwa_pets If anyone is interested.

Necia
MVP
Pet Score:7950
BattleTag®:captiva#1519
Realm:The Scryers-us

Post by Necia » March 7th, 2015, 11:27 am

I created a Twitter for my pet achieves/collection as well. :) Looking forward to seeing everyone's screenshots!

@Tamer_Necia