Account Merge

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us
Account Merge

Post by Buruan » February 18th, 2015, 3:31 pm

Getting some contradicting info on this from research so looking for someone to confirm / deny my understanding.

I have 2 old school WOW accounts under the same Battle.net account.
My main account that I have been playing, and a secondary account I used to dabble in Muliboxing etc at the time.

For reasons purely attributed to stupidity, I have the Onyxian Whelpling on account 2 and not account 1.
I tried bringing a character over from 2 to 1 but that didn't copy the pet over.

Has anyone successfully brought pets over? If so how?
I think I am stuck but worth asking :)

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Account Merge

Post by Ranok » February 19th, 2015, 1:50 am

Not sure what the problem is. I have two accounts, both under same battle.net logon, and we share all the BoA stuff and pets and mounts. Sort of annoying sometimes, like only one can do pet battles and other one is locked out, and only one toon on one of the accounts can do Blingtron each day. But pets and mounts and achievements are shared between the two.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » February 19th, 2015, 4:22 am

I also have more than one account under the same battle.net account and all pets are shared. Do you have the pet learned? Have you logged in on a character that knows it after pets were made account wide? You say you tried to transfer a character that had the pet, but it didn't copy... did that character have the item you learn the pet from or just have it in their pet collection? Had you logged in on the character before trying to transfer it?

When pets were made account wide, I had to log in on each of my characters to get all my pets recognized by the game. That was so long ago though, that I would have expected that you would have done it already. However, since you say that only one of your accounts is active, this is the only explanation I can think of that might fit. If your second account is currently inactive, you can use the 10 day free trial of Warlords to temporarily reactivate it and log in on each character on the account.

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » February 19th, 2015, 9:44 am

I had mentioned my stupidity, did I?
You guys are correct in what you describe.

Here is how I managed to bone it up.
I retired the second account long before Pandaria and Battle Pets, kept the other account alive for all the time.
During Pandaria, and before getting into Pet Battling, I wanted to play some of the toons from the inactive account, so I brought them over without ever opening up the second account.
I only left a Banker alt on the second account who did not have the Onyxia WOW Anniversary achievement.
So while bringing the alts over I lost the achieve and now cant get it back.

Could smack myself in the head, all it would have taken was to log in for 10s before moving the toons.