Newest vendor pets after expansion?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Burningrose

Pet Score: 2743
Realm: Gilneas-US

Newest vendor pets after expansion?

Postby Burningrose » February 11th, 2015, 9:49 pm

Hi,
I just started playing again. I want to purchase those sold at any new areas open now through vendors. Are there any? Where are they? Do I need to do a special quest chain to get there first?

As a fellow pet lover, I want a new pet right now! I love pets! :) thanks so much!

Rendigar
MVP

Pet Score: 5042
Realm: Ysera-US

Re: Newest vendor pets after expansion?

Postby Rendigar » February 11th, 2015, 10:57 pm

All of the purchased pets are either locked behind a reputation wall (revered to buy them), a crafting minor wall (2 pets from Archaeology, one you can get in Frostfire Ridge the Frostwolf Ghostpup, crafted my someone (engineers and tailors), or found in the world on rares or even items on the ground (several spores you can just loot the pet from). There's even a pair of pets you can buy from a pet tamer in the Spires of Arak, assuming you can beat his team first. But you need to be 96 to unlock the zone and without flying I don't think you can get there by a friend unless a warlock and company summon you there.

Burningrose

Pet Score: 2743
Realm: Gilneas-US

Postby Burningrose » February 12th, 2015, 1:45 pm

Thanks s much! I couldn't find this info anywhere and was driving myself crazy. I really appreciate it!

Jerebear

Pet Score: 4969
Realm: Llane-US

Postby Jerebear » February 12th, 2015, 4:04 pm

Rendigar wrote:But you need to be 96 to unlock the zone and without flying I don't think you can get there by a friend unless a warlock and company summon you there.

You can run into Spires of Arak via a road in Talador if that helps, but at low level that will be fun!
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Rendigar
MVP

Postby Rendigar » February 12th, 2015, 4:46 pm

Jerebear wrote:You can run into Spires of Arak via a road in Talador if that helps, but at low level that will be fun!
Oh absolutely, and if you enjoy corpse-hopping you can totally get there. Unfortunately I cannot tell you if the NPC will talk to you, though, as I've never tried to get there early.

Maizing

Pet Score: 4684
BattleTag®: Maizing#1456
Realm: Feathermoon-US

Postby Maizing » February 12th, 2015, 5:23 pm

Rendigar wrote:All of the purchased pets are either locked behind a reputation wall (revered to buy them), a crafting minor wall (2 pets from Archaeology, one you can get in Frostfire Ridge the Frostwolf Ghostpup, crafted my someone (engineers and tailors), or found in the world on rares or even items on the ground (several spores you can just loot the pet from). There's even a pair of pets you can buy from a pet tamer in the Spires of Arak, assuming you can beat his team first. But you need to be 96 to unlock the zone and without flying I don't think you can get there by a friend unless a warlock and company summon you there.

I was able to get to Spires of Arak by 93... a friend took me there on one of the multi-passenger mounts. Once there, I had no problem getting the daily done (like all pet dailies, it scales to your level).

Rendigar
MVP

Postby Rendigar » February 12th, 2015, 6:56 pm

Maizing wrote:I was able to get to Spires of Arak by 93... a friend took me there on one of the multi-passenger mounts. Once there, I had no problem getting the daily done (like all pet dailies, it scales to your level).

Well there you have it - so you just need a friend to drag you there (oh, and bring gold, 1 of the 2 isn't cheap). Pet battles don't scale to your level - they don't scale at all. But the XP your character gains does scale based on your character level (I think it's around 2/3rds of what an appropriate level quest gives).

Return to Pet Collecting