Grave Golem Pet

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us
Re: Grave Golem Pet

Post by Buruan » February 6th, 2015, 5:11 pm

I am game as well!!

Have the game, played a bit, its fun, but PvP isnt for me. With a couple of friendly names on both side, could be fun.

Trethsparr
Pet Score:5200
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Trethsparr » February 6th, 2015, 5:38 pm

Tekulve2012 wrote:I like Fuxiedk's idea

2 sets of 3 WCP members willing to map out wins for everyone to acquire the pet

Sign me up when the time comes

Tekulve
Ditto!

Terrapinbill
Pet Score:6367
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us

Post by Terrapinbill » February 6th, 2015, 5:44 pm

What a great idea.

Razielix
MVP
Pet Score:10583
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Razielix » February 6th, 2015, 10:51 pm

Awesome idea! Sign me up if it's getting done.

While I am a long time LoL player myself - I don't play competitively, just for funsies, so I'm not terrific at it.. But surely it shouldn't be too hard to chalk up a few wins?

Also I haven't looked much into it, and I assume there would be, but if there is a healer/support role in HOTS, I call dibs lol
"Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire, or to challenge the Fates for another throw--a better throw--against one's destiny... What was a king to do?" - Kain

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » February 7th, 2015, 9:22 am

Since people seem to have missed it in the PTR forum, im reposting it here:
And the model of Graves have arrived. Looking exactly alike the Skull golem in the hots images for the haunted mine.
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... eGolem.jpg

Robotusch
Pet Score:10391
BattleTag®:Roboe#2913
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Robotusch » February 7th, 2015, 7:00 pm

Morlis wrote:here is my plan (assuming the way to get the pet is get 1 win at release time)
1) get and install Heroes of the Storm
2) play for like 8 hours straight till I find someone worse than I am at PVP and get my 1 win
3) make sure pet has made it to WOW
4) uninstall HOTS and hope they never use it again for adding pets to WOW.
Also known as the Hearthsteed-gambit. I got so frustrated with that, at one point I decided to see how fast I could lose games. I was playing a mage, I think, so I'd repeatedly fireball myself to death.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » February 7th, 2015, 9:04 pm

My guess is play 3 quick matches in Heroes in Open Beta or release. Similiar to Hearthstone.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » February 8th, 2015, 11:33 am

Heroes really isn't that bad. Its pretty friendly to people that are new to the genre. Fairly easy to pick up and do well at even if that's not normally the kind of game you play or are good at. Unless you're actively not participating, I've found its difficult for someone to pull a team down due to lack of experience. Very different from WoW PvP (you generally only have 4 buttons!), so I wouldn't classify them as remotely the same.

To clear up some things:

Teams are 5v5, always. No other sizes.

There are several different modes: practice (you with 4 AI teammates vs 5 AI opponents) cooperative (you and 4 real teammates vs 5 AI), Versus which has a new name I can't recall now (5v5, no AI), ranked, and eventually custom. The daily quests can be completed in Coop or the new Versus (or I assume, ranked), but not practice as far as I recall. So you could probably get the pet just by doctorng coop if it is just to get wins.

Its very simple compared to most anything in WoW. You have 3 basic abilities, and a trait (which is often passive though for some heroes is an extra active button). As your team levels up, you get a 4th ability (generally a large CD) and talent choices every few levels that usually modify your existing abilities. Very simple.

There are mechanics to the team xp gain to prevent one team from a runaway victory so even teams with inexperienced players stand a chance (unless they are facing a fully preformed group, but I think the match making tried to put random groups vs other random groups for just that reason).

Furdinand
Pet Score:3861
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Furdinand » February 8th, 2015, 3:11 pm

I wouldn't be too intimidated about playing Heroes of the Storm if you don't like League of Legends or DOTA 2. It is compared to those two and it has some familiar features but it plays much differently and is much more friendly to new players. It is like how when WoW was in development it was compared to Everquest or Ultima Online because there wasn't a WoW to compare it to yet.

I'd be surprised if any achievement couldn't be completed in Co-operative mode, which is five players against an AI. Co-operative is very easy.

Roisen
Top Rater
Pet Score:8772
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Roisen » February 8th, 2015, 3:41 pm

Furdinand wrote:I'd be surprised if any achievement couldn't be completed in Co-operative mode, which is five players against an AI. Co-operative is very easy.
I hope it is like that! I'd have more fun just even trying for the pet knowing some kid wasn't on the other team dying of laughter at me.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » February 8th, 2015, 5:16 pm

Tekulve2012 wrote:I like Fuxiedk's idea

2 sets of 3 WCP members willing to map out wins for everyone to acquire the pet

Sign me up when the time comes

Tekulve
Sign me up for this too!