Share pet collecting news and advice.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Lunkers getting easier to catch in 6.1

Post by Luciandk » January 22nd, 2015, 3:50 pm

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... ?page=4#69

Originally Posted by Bashiok
There are at least two Lunker-focused changes in 6.1 that'll make catching them a bit easier for higher-skilled fisherpeople.

Im quite curious to how easy they become to catch after this, but knowing Blizzard they will go overboard with nerfing it. But Ill laugh if they end dropping like candy once pushing fishing skill high enough.

But ill still try to finish my goal of 50 lunkers for the Sea Calf pre 6.1, as I dont have much to do ingame.

Desi
Pet Score:5590
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Re: Lunkers getting easier to catch in 6.1

Post by Desi » January 22nd, 2015, 5:20 pm

Thanks for posting this - I'll be waiting for the patch to fish more now.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » January 23rd, 2015, 3:37 am

Well I guess I'm just going to wait to get Nat's other items.

My thoughts and emotions are torn on this one. I don't like nerfs like this, because it's a good feeling when you worked really hard for something, and then Blizz makes it so anyone who didn't work as hard, gets with ease what you worked your arse off for. Yet at the same time, this will make it easier for me to get the pets, and the pole; but I would have gotten it anyway, and the items would be more unique and rare.

Until the nerf hits, I'll just have to enjoy being one of the only people on my entire server with the mount. So far I'm the only person I've seen on one, lol.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 23rd, 2015, 4:39 am

Another small change: A Sea Scorpion Lunker was added in the recent PTR patch. Yay, I'll finally be able to fish up Sea Scorpions for Healing Tonics while hunting for Lunkers at the same time :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Fythra
Pet Score:12907
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Fythra » January 23rd, 2015, 8:40 am

Oh thank God. I fished for over 2.5 hours the other night and didn't catch a single lunker. 1100 fishing, Nat bugging me about dolphins every few minutes, etc. Not one lunker. I finally logged out in disgust.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » January 23rd, 2015, 10:13 am

Oh nice, I've been holding off because I wanted to fish on my alts as it's easier to relax and not get asked to do stuff on them. Been slightly hindered by the fact that even though they're lvl 100, 3rd lvl garrison, 3rd lvl fishing shack and maxed fishing... Nat still won't give them the lunker catching quest. Hopefully that's one of the two fixes, I really don't want to have to fish up 100 of each fish on every alt as well to get Nat (only thing I can think of as why he wouldn't offer the quest other than it just being bugged).

Sea scorpion lunker is amazing news, that would actually keep me fishing for hours on end. :-)

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Stella3 » January 24th, 2015, 11:09 pm

Finally, I knew putting off the fishing chore would pay off..

Mrbeankc
Pet Score:4299
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Mrbeankc » January 25th, 2015, 7:54 pm

They have to make lunkers easier to catch because as it stands right now it's almost forcing people to bot to get the Land Shark pet, mount and other goodies. Either that or making people pay a ton of gold to people who are botting to buy them.