Darkmoon Fair will be very slow...

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ritsuka
Pet Score:2137
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us
Re: Darkmoon Fair will be very slow...

Post by Ritsuka » December 9th, 2011, 1:38 pm

Shalura wrote: I am boycotting PvP until they fix the School of Hard Knocks achievement. But I checked the auction house, and there were a half dozen of each up for between 300-800g each. So I just bought them. They'll probably be even cheaper next month, this was after only a couple days worth of drops.
I feel similarly about the holiday boss bags. I wouldn't do Midsummer this year at all, and I don't even really feel like I "missed some chances", because as far as I'm concerned with that horrible excuse for a system I have no chance at all anyway.

The Hard Knocks achievement is very unpleasant too, really stressed me out when I did it. I actually thought about it last night while hunting the artifacts, "Man, this is hard for me, but thank Cthulhu I'm done with the School of Hard Knocks achievement." Bad PvP requirements can always be worse! And I think you're right, the artifacts from BGs are fairly common so will likely be more affordable on the AH in the future.

What IS up with them separating Live and Undead Strat like that, anyway? I thought maybe it was something I'd done. Doesn't that mean you're irrevocably trapped in Live side? Weird.

That sucks about your journal. >< I almost sent my hubby out to do the same thing, but luckily the link to their locations I sent him also mentioned hey, pick up this journal thing. XD At least it was just a little time lost on a low-level one! Not like, missing a raid one or a roll on the heroic one.

Godspetproject
Top Rater
Pet Score:5309
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Godspetproject » December 11th, 2011, 5:39 am

Just to clear something up for people who are confused about Strat.

If you go to the place on your map called Eastwall Gate which is to the east of Strat you can automatically go to dead side and farm Baron over and over again to your heart's content. :D

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14016
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » December 12th, 2011, 7:35 am

A fast way to get grisly trophys is to take the port to Hyjal and as soon as you get there DoT up all the rock elementals. There are NPCs there that will help you kill them and the elementals have a quick respawn rate.

Sundrop
Pet Score:487
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Sundrop » December 12th, 2011, 2:00 pm

After farming over and over... i made 25k for this holiday. wow! :o

Shalura
Pet Score:7233
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Post by Shalura » December 14th, 2011, 12:52 pm

Godspetproject wrote:Just to clear something up for people who are confused about Strat.

If you go to the place on your map called Eastwall Gate which is to the east of Strat you can automatically go to dead side and farm Baron over and over again to your heart's content. :D
I know how to get there, it's just annoying to have to exit the instance and run around to the other entrance, instead of just going through King's Gate like you used to. But if I'm using my Death Knight, after I kill the Bal'nazzar or the Baron, I just portal to Ebon Hold, then fly back down.