Pandaren Spirit Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us
Pandaren Spirit Pets

Post by Zaelo » December 4th, 2012, 10:47 am

So who else is trying to collect all 4 Pandaren Spirits? How successful have you been?

I completed the quest to defeat all 4 the day following 5.1 (Wednesday) and have been defeating all 4 of them every day since. I chose the Water Spirit as quest reward, and then got one lucky drop this week-end: Fire Spirit, and last night again: Earth Spirit.

So I'm at 3 of 4, only missing the Air Spirit.
I was wondering if I've been extremely lucky or if the drop rate is just fairly good??

Also anyone has an idea of what price these guys go for on the AH?

Lastly, anyone considering making a team of Pandaren Spirit for PvP? I'm thinking this could be interesting, but of course would be terrible against a team of aquatic pets hehe. I'm thinking the Air Spirit can cover some of the Aquatics you may encounter, then have the Water one against Elementals (cause they're so popular) and either the Earth or Fire spirit to complete the combo. You think it has potential?

Hoben
Pet Score:2722
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Re: Pandaren Spirit Pets

Post by Hoben » December 4th, 2012, 11:21 am

I chose the earth spirit because I did not want to face that rat again. ;) I have yet to start t6he dailies but I am heartened to hear that the drop rate is high. I have read about 1 in 4!

Selling the spirit pets may be a decent way to make some gold - at least early on.

I would love to see some tactics shared on here - for instance snails have been recommended (critter with aquatic attack) on a few sites as well as an oozling.

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » December 4th, 2012, 11:26 am

Zaelo wrote:So I'm at 3 of 4, only missing the Air Spirit.
I was wondering if I've been extremely lucky or if the drop rate is just fairly good??
I choose the earth spirit first, then I did the dailies for 3 days, and I've gotten the water spirit twice. So based on us two, I would say its a high dropchance, but then again, thats not really reliable. :)
Zaelo wrote:Lastly, anyone considering making a team of Pandaren Spirit for PvP? I'm thinking this could be interesting, but of course would be terrible against a team of aquatic pets hehe. I'm thinking the Air Spirit can cover some of the Aquatics you may encounter, then have the Water one against Elementals (cause they're so popular) and either the Earth or Fire spirit to complete the combo. You think it has potential?
I expressed my opinion here: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8505#p8505 :D

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 4th, 2012, 11:32 am

I think 1 in 4 drop chances is a bit high, but it does sound like they drop fairly often, which is awesome!

As for strategies against the Thundering (Earth) Spirit, I had posted the following on another thread.
1) Start with Moth vs Spirit. Use the slot 3 ability that can proc sleep, and PROC sleep, otherwise restart fight. (No damage will be taken by you at this point).
2) He'll switch to his critter/ooze, so switch to Flayer on round 2. Reflect the first ability cause it does lots of damage.
3) Finish the critter off with Flayer's Rampage, then use him to deal/take as much damage as he can against the Spirit.
4) Either:
a) Throw Moth in, use the ability that proc sleep and cocoon strike to finish the Spirit off. Use him to deal/take as much damage as possible against the Mole, and then throw in a heavy Mechanical hitter to finish it off as fast as you can.
b) Throw a heavy Aquatic hitter in, finish the job on the Spirit, and use him to deal/take as much damage as possible against the Mole. Finish him off with your Moth that is still full hp and can dodge some of those powerful attacks.
Last edited by Zaelo on December 5th, 2012, 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Humbelle
Pet Score:4574
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Humbelle » December 4th, 2012, 11:34 am

I was finally able to do all four spirits last night. I chose Fire.

I was able to do all four of the spirits with my Singing Sunflower + Magical Crawdad + Onyxian Whelpling. I only wiped twice (once on air and once on water).

Can't wait to get the rest.

Amuneta
MVP
Pet Score:5085
BattleTag®:Amuneta#1245
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Amuneta » December 4th, 2012, 12:14 pm

At the moment I'm 2/4 after finding a 2nd air spirit on my bags. I'd agree that for now its a fairly nice drop rate. Here's hoping nothing changes that though.

Rawr... that is all.

Pandorra
Pet Score:3199
BattleTag®:Lillydawn#1511
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Pandorra » December 4th, 2012, 1:20 pm

I chose the water elemental first because he was SOOOO cute in the pandaren starting area.

I got the earth elemental out of a bag, day before yesterday.

I missed 2 full days of dailies because they were bugged.

Still working on getting the other 2 elementals,
but I've done them everyday they have been available to me.

The only trainer that gives me trouble is the earth guy,
I usually have to attempt him 2-3 times before I get him down.
I usually one shot the other 3 though unless they get a lucky crit at a vulnerable time, lol.

My Team is Nordrassil Wisp, Lil Deathwing,
and my 3rd is either Pandaren Monk or Tiny Harvester (depending on who I'm against).
My first 2 stay the same though.

~Pandorra

Jestah
Top Rater
Pet Score:2501
Realm:Crushridge-us

Post by Jestah » December 4th, 2012, 2:38 pm

I chose earth spirit day one, have been doing the dailies every day since (8 times) and haven't seen a single one of the other three. :( 1 in 4 my butt! I know I will get lucky on them eventually though!

Azmeaiel
MVP
Pet Score:9672
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Azmeaiel » December 5th, 2012, 9:04 am

From doing dalies for these spirits the last few days since their available i'd say it was about a 20-25% drop, I'm averaging about 1 spirit a day of a random type.

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Linaomine » December 5th, 2012, 9:41 am

Just this past Sunday I got through all the Tamers and such to actually get to the Pandaria ones and then started in on the Spirits. I chose Earth from the quest and managed to get the Water Spirit Monday. My guildie (who I swear does pet battles just to collect and level pets to taunt me, only to then give me the pet a few weeks later) has I think 3 or maybe all 4, which he flaunts whenever hes near me :(

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 5th, 2012, 1:24 pm

Man.. I wish that 25% was true, but I doubt it is.. drop rate doesn't sound too bad though.
Based on my personnal experience and on comments seen here and in game, I'd say it hovers around 12%.
Thanks for all your inputs ;)

Anyone planning on using them for PVP?

Jeykama
Realm:Frostwolf-us

Post by Jeykama » December 5th, 2012, 2:22 pm

With the Thundering Spirit, any ol' (rare) snail solos the spirit np. My problem is with the rat/mole monster. I cheese it with Grunty defensives but those Stone Rush crits make me lolz every time. It must have 50% crit rate. I need to get a rare Fluxfire just for the spectacle of seeing who explodes each other first.

That being said, I've gotten 3 over 4 sets of dailies so it's not bad until you're trying to daily for your last one...

Tatra
Pet Score:4589
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Tatra » December 5th, 2012, 3:01 pm

After spending a lot of time looking at the animation for all the Pandaren Spirit Pets, I choose the air one. Out of all of them it had a different look to it one that wasn't like the others. I felt that the water, earth and fire looked really similar so that is why i choose what I did. So far I have air spirit x2 and one fire spirit, hopefully the rest will drop.

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 5th, 2012, 3:04 pm

Jeykama wrote:With the Thundering Spirit, any ol' (rare) snail solos the spirit np. My problem is with the rat/mole monster. I cheese it with Grunty defensives but those Stone Rush crits make me lolz every time. It must have 50% crit rate. I need to get a rare Fluxfire just for the spectacle of seeing who explodes each other first.

That being said, I've gotten 3 over 4 sets of dailies so it's not bad until you're trying to daily for your last one...
The Fluxfire Feline works.. but he can only survive 3 rounds. He gets two-shotted, rezes, and dies on the following attack. Because of that I wouldn't recommand him. It can work, but the fight needs to go exactly according to plan or else it fails.

I changed my strategy a notch since the one I posted earlier in this thread. Starting with the Moth vs the Pandaren Spirit, proccing Sleep, switching to Flayer vs Sludge, when Flayer dies I get my Water Spirit in (or any aquatic heavy hitter), then manage to get a few hits on the beast before he dies, and finish up with my Moth. Cocoon strike helps quite a bit against that critter cause his attacks hurt like crap. If you're lucky, you get to proc Sleep on him too. I defeated the Thundering Spirit last night with this strategy and my Moth was at full HP at the end, so this strat seem to allow a bit more room for crits/errors/bad timing.

Csara
Top Rater
Pet Score:11407
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Csara » December 8th, 2012, 9:01 pm

Did them last night. Really appreciated Zaelo's tip about the Moth - levelled my Amber Moth and finally got that Thundering spirit down.

Then took the Moth into battle with the water spirit and (through a comination of Mothly awesomeness and RNG) managed to kill all of his team with just the Moth!

Took the Thundering Spirit because ugh, and then went round and did the dailies, and Air Spirit dropped as well.

Going nicely :D

Bistromath
Pet Score:3055
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Bistromath » December 8th, 2012, 9:31 pm

ive manage to get all 4, oh so happy.

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 9th, 2012, 10:36 am

So.. some people have seen the spirits drop in the last week?
I think it's been 8 days, so 0 drop in 32 bags.. :o/ I swear that drop rate is going down or something!!

Is it just me or they nerfed the pandaren spirit tamers fights since yesterday?
I pretty much always needed all 3 of my pets to get through them, but today I defeated 3 of them with only 2 pets and the 4th one I defeated with just my Flayer Youngling :o

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Linaomine » December 9th, 2012, 12:57 pm

I think it can be all luck based, like misses/crits etc. Also I wasn't able to do the fights each day(yay finals!) but I managed to get them all but the air so far and I got a second water yesterday.

Amnon
Pet Score:2656
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Amnon » December 9th, 2012, 3:16 pm

I got a pet from the overall quest the first day, and I haven't gotten any more of the spirits from the dailies ever since. I haven't done every spirit tamer every day, but I'm doing at least 2 every day.

Yay RNG.

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 9th, 2012, 4:04 pm

Linaomine wrote:I think it can be all luck based, like misses/crits etc. Also I wasn't able to do the fights each day(yay finals!) but I managed to get them all but the air so far and I got a second water yesterday.
I thought it was luck for the first two spirits, but when i ended up killing all 3 with just the Flayer against the Flowing Spirit, I was starting to think it was more than luck hehehe :lol:
We'll see how things go tomorrow hehe