Farming Lil' Leftover sucks

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Re: Farming Lil' Leftover sucks

Post by Quintessence » January 11th, 2015, 7:31 pm

Personally, I went for any 100 stat food that would sell relatively well on the AH. Crit, mastery, and multistrike stat food sells the best (out of all the 100 stat food) on my server so I cooked a ton those. I figured that if I didn't get the pet, might as well earn a bit of gold then.

Eventually the pet dropped while I was making Blackrock Barbecue, but that was hundreds and hundreds of stacks of food later.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » January 11th, 2015, 9:02 pm

Quintessence wrote:Personally, I went for any 100 stat food that would sell relatively well on the AH. Crit, mastery, and multistrike stat food sells the best (out of all the 100 stat food) on my server so I cooked a ton those. I figured that if I didn't get the pet, might as well earn a bit of gold then.

Eventually the pet dropped while I was making Blackrock Barbecue, but that was hundreds and hundreds of stacks of food later.
So YOU'RE the one that brought down the price of Blackrock BBQ! :D It was far and away the most valuable +100 food. I actually sold a few stacks for over 600g each!!! Meh, I destroyed a few of the other markets.

I think the reason you're seeing lots from Frosty Stew because of the relative availability of the mats. My thought is, the fish doesn't really matter - they're all relatively same level of availability. You have to specifically being fishing for a type of fish, but... the meat, now the meat (when it comes to AH availability) is contingent on what people are killing anyway. In Nagrand, if people are like me, the easiest way to build Steamwheedle rep is to kill the Talbuk near the big elite bulls. There's tons of them, they're close together, they drop fur (which sells well), and they're pretty easy to kill. This means there's tons of Talbuk meat on the AH causing it to be super cheap (in comparison).

That's my theory at least!

Christopher337
Pet Score:10048
Realm:Thunderlord-us

Post by Christopher337 » January 12th, 2015, 1:42 am

When I had initially starting trying this, I read a lot of people on WoWhead got the pet from Calamari Crepes. So, I used the trading post and waited until a day when it was 20 resources per 5 (lowest price) and used alts with accumulated resources to stock up. In retrospect, it is clear that any 100 food would work just as well, so just go with whatever resource is cheapest, as others have mentioned. I also did a LOT of fishing, so you can pretty much forget everything I just posted--- the winning recipe was Feast of the Waters. I have no idea how many I made, but it was probably in the thousands, and they're all clogging up a bank alt's mailbox. My original plan was to farm a second for sale, but I've lost my will to do any thing of the sort; I'm pleased with one. Best of luck to you all!

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » January 12th, 2015, 3:03 am

I've often found it cheaper to buy the already cooked components of the 100 stat food as opposed to buying out the mats and cooking it myself.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » January 13th, 2015, 12:39 pm

I'm over 3k items cooked. No pet yet. :cry:

However, with the trading post for meat, and my obnoxious desire to get lunkers, I'm sure I'll be cooking up another 1000 soon. On a related note: Anyone have one to trade? :lol:

Dak.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » February 11th, 2015, 10:45 pm

Just because it hurt so much, but I finished it:

350 stacks of +100 stat food - 38 shy of full stacks. And I am not including the 200 or so feasts (only 30'ish steps anyway).

That is 6,962 food at 7 per craft = 994 crafts, combining 5 +75 stat fish and 5 +75 stat meat to make each 7.

This took 4,970 meat and 4,970 fish, again getting 7 per craft = 710 crafts of meat and 710 crafts of fish.

All told that means it took 2,416 crafting operations to make my Lil' Leftovers. Fortunately for me I bought about 200'ish stacks of premade +75 stat food, which shaved probably 600'ish crafting steps (and uncounted gold).

At 2 seconds per crafting step if you don't have the cooking hat that's only 80.5 minutes of cooking. Thankfully I have the hat.

And what makes me cry? After finishing, hearing that a friend's guildmaster got it on his 7th crafting of blackrock BBQ... :cry:

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » February 14th, 2015, 10:45 am

I level three characters cooking skills from 0 to 700 plus spent a small fortune in AH fishies and GR vendor mats but this pet is FINALLY mine! :D Hundreds of cooking stuff later...

OMG! The bone that sticks out of him is cute! :lol:

Prudene
Top Rater
Pet Score:5067
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Prudene » February 16th, 2015, 9:18 pm

i agree totally about the 'suckiness' of leftovers. Thousands of feasts later (all cooked on Pierre) not making enough by selling them to actually BUY some leftovers.. sigh...

Lance
Pet Score:8084
Realm:Onyxia-us

Post by Lance » March 3rd, 2015, 10:35 pm

Since I don't have the pet yet either then I will just keep fishing for lunkers & try to get the new Follower. That is what we do right? :) Try to make the best of the situation. Eventually we will get it :)

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » March 4th, 2015, 3:38 am

Has the drop rate increased recently? There seem to be more in the AHs and much cheaper, around the 8-10k mark.

I realise this may be due to raiders with no interest in battle pets getting them while making buff food, but it seems too much for that. I also started cooking the new 125 buff foods and got one within 20 or 30 creations. Lady Luck doesn't normally smile on me, she normally craps on me from a great height, hence the theory.

Anyone else noticed anything?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » March 4th, 2015, 4:34 am

Waflob wrote:Has the drop rate increased recently? There seem to be more in the AHs and much cheaper, around the 8-10k mark.

I realise this may be due to raiders with no interest in battle pets getting them while making buff food, but it seems too much for that.
I'm pretty sure this is the main reason for it, especially on servers with a big raiding population. I've been selling fish for the new buff foods and they're just flying out of the AH, with people buying 1000 fish at a time. That's a lot of potential pets if a lot of those players don't care to collect them or see them as easy income.