Pets I will never get

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu
Re: Pets I will never get

Post by Waflob » December 31st, 2014, 6:04 am

Graven wrote:
Leathercream wrote:With those examples though, there is a possibility. With the pets though, it is truly impossible.
I think what Waflob meant was that in this game, much as in real life, we can't always have all the things. Part of being an adult is learning to deal with this. ;)
Yes, this is what I meant and thanks for the improved wording :-)

Askania
Pet Score:10104
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Askania » December 31st, 2014, 6:10 am

Darolyn wrote:I understand what the OP is saying, though. At least with Mini Tyreal, and the CE pets, they are obtainable, though rare and expensive.

Baby Blizzard Bear, Vampiric Batling, etc, are actually impossible to get, because the event that they're from is over. No way to trade codes or transfer the pets.

I'm still holding out for the lottery. Told the boy last night that vanilla CE is the FIRST purchase I'm going to make after we win. BC CE is the second. Then Mini Tyreal, the Murlocs, other game CE's...and a Spectral Tiger. ;)

It truly is a matter of just excluding them from your collection and letting them go.

That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to tiny red and green dragons showing up, a la Warbot...

Daro

Are you sure this will work? Recently I came into posession of diablo 3 CE and asked blizz if I could purchase a game key to activate ce on my account, they said it would only work if I made a new account because I had already added reaper of souls CE and trying to add d3 ce would break the game, I would imagine the same logic would apply to wow if you have gone past the ce's your missing on your account.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » December 31st, 2014, 11:15 am

If it won't work, why would people buy the game for so much?

Also, this week, a few WCP members got Cata CE's, and they haven't reported any problems adding that one, and I know at least one of them has WoD CE, so that would be back dating, wouldn't it?

A quick google search shows this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4175831684 (thread is two years old, but haven't seen anything to counter it...)

I think you can upgrade from regular to CE on anything you already know?

I sure hope it'll work, or else my dreams of having every obtainable pet may be going down the drain...
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Taerie
Pet Score:4641
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Taerie » December 31st, 2014, 12:47 pm

I'm never going to have a Mr. Chilly and that just irritates me to no end. I started playing wow and did the battle. net merger ten days after the deadline- ten. Everyone and their mother has that stupid pet but me.

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » December 31st, 2014, 1:03 pm

I have like 10 Mr. Chilly's that I can't bear to "delete".

I WISH they'd make them tradeable, along with my 8 baby blizzard bears, and 6 onyxian whelplings or whatevers.

Yeah...I really wish I could make some people happy. :(
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 31st, 2014, 6:16 pm

As one of the Purchasers of the Cata CE I can confirm that I did previously have the regular version of Cataclysm. I also already had MoP and WoD CEs and I did have no problems adding the Cata CE code to my account. In the past I have heard that adding the D3 CE after you already had RoS was problematic but I don't know if that is still true so that might be specific to just D3.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » December 31st, 2014, 8:47 pm

For me, it's the Ony Whelp, Murkalot and Murky.

Sad part is, I had WoW installed during the 5th (6th?) anniversary, but since I had 'quit', I did not log in and get the Ony Whelp...GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Also, I never liked pvp so did not do the Murkalot...hoping they give another go at that pet.

And finally, Murky...I actually HAD Murky, since I went to the first Blizzcon...but I sold it. At the time, pets weren't really integrated into the game so it was just taking up bag space really....

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » December 31st, 2014, 11:36 pm

I'm about ready to add hatespark to the list.

ETA: 15 runs, numerous deaths, get into a group that was mostly premade, tons of people who knew every fight and took the time to explain to others when they didn't, NO wipes...

I got him. I'm crying.

There IS hope!
Last edited by Darolyn on January 1st, 2015, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » December 31st, 2014, 11:59 pm

Peanutty wrote:The thing that makes me sad is my hubby has all those "wish I knew at the time" pets I'm missing - the baby bear, batling, spirit of competition. He still has copies sitting in his bags. :cry: When pet battles first came out he tried to cage them and give them to me... of course, no go. :( I *really* wish they'd make them tradeable (not an impossible wish since the Starlette was tradeable) or put them on BMAH!
That would be nice. I still have a bunch of [pet]Baby Blizzard Bear[/pet]s that I wish I could give to people who didn't get it when it cam out. I have started deleting them because I need the bag space, but it makes me sad.

...and yeah, as others have said, I am starting to wonder if I will ever get enough pvp pet battle wins to get the [pet]Stunted Direhorn[/pet]. I am just not all that thrilled with pvp anything.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 1st, 2015, 1:03 am

For all those who feel disheartened by the Stunted Direhorn, I also had no interest in PVP so I didn't think I'd get it (I even had it marked excluded on my wishlist), but what worked for me was breaking the achievement down into much smaller pieces that were easier to digest. Instead of thinking of it as 250 wins, I started with a goal of 25 wins a week (and then increased it to 10 a day once I got a little better at it). Some days I didn't meet my goal and others, maybe I'd get lucky and get on a small win streak, but eventually I did get it.

Daedrynn
Top Rater
Pet Score:13091
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Daedrynn » January 1st, 2015, 2:26 am

Darolyn wrote:I'm about ready to add hatespark to the list.
I finally broke down and just bought Hatespark on the AH for 28k and I felt like it was the best money I ever spent. A week later, Hubby found his for 500 gold (!!!) and I wanted to kill him. I have no idea why anyone would put it up for that cheap unless it was a mistake. I'll bet they kicked themselves later.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » January 1st, 2015, 2:45 am

if not for the mop changes that made all pets account wide i would not have the spirit of competition, gawd i spent ages in losing BGs on this toon trying for it, got it first go on my twink pally :)
i will never be able to afford CE vanilla and mini tyrael, seriously 5-7k of real cash for 4 pets is beyond insane, though if i won lotto, i would be straight on ebay lmafao, annoyingly when blizz offerred the CE upgrade online was when i was having a WoiW break, my effing bad.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » January 2nd, 2015, 6:52 am

Askania wrote:Are you sure this will work? Recently I came into posession of diablo 3 CE and asked blizz if I could purchase a game key to activate ce on my account, they said it would only work if I made a new account because I had already added reaper of souls CE and trying to add d3 ce would break the game, I would imagine the same logic would apply to wow if you have gone past the ce's your missing on your account.
I have all the newer CE editions of WoW and I recently (in the last month or so) bought both the Vanilla AND TBC CE's and added them to my account with no issues what so ever, all pets arrived in the mail, account shows upgrades on Battlenet etc.

Can't speak for other games but it definately works for WoW.

Robotusch
Pet Score:10391
BattleTag®:Roboe#2913
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Robotusch » January 4th, 2015, 3:18 pm

Adding Hatespark to the list as of right now, unless Blizzard decides to add him to level 60 Molten Core as an even lower drop %.

I've done 10 runs over the weekend (took the opportunity to get my alts to the ilvl 615 LFR treshold, so they could run it+HM LFR) and nothing to show for it but the helmets. And in the meantime, the AH price has taken off from 15-20k over the past week (when I really should have just bought it), to initial bids now being 60k, with 80k buy-outs.

Why on earth Blizzard figured it would be a good idea to add two low drop % items to a limited time event, I'll never know. At least the batling from Karazhan was a guaranteed drop while it lasted.

Susha
Pet Score:1418
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us

Post by Susha » January 5th, 2015, 1:53 am

Askania wrote:
Darolyn wrote:

Are you sure this will work? Recently I came into posession of diablo 3 CE and asked blizz if I could purchase a game key to activate ce on my account, they said it would only work if I made a new account because I had already added reaper of souls CE and trying to add d3 ce would break the game, I would imagine the same logic would apply to wow if you have gone past the ce's your missing on your account.
I can guarantee this will work. I started playing during WoLK (with the CE) and later came into a Vanilla CE and was able to redeem it just the same as any other CE. :) And as it's the same system, it should work for Diablo as well. Sometimes GM's are wrong.

Leathercream
Top Rater
Pet Score:4119
Realm:Lightning's Blade-us

Post by Leathercream » July 4th, 2015, 11:29 pm

Still disgruntled..thought I would revive my post.

Cheln
Pet Score:5060
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Cheln » July 6th, 2015, 5:04 am

For me it is the Netherwelp. I pre-ordered the CE for Burning Crusade and then on the day the store told me they didn't have one for me so I couldn't get the pet. The next expansion they said the same thing when I rang several weeks after pre-ordering but I contacted the head of the company about it and suddenly there was a CE copy for me. I just wish I stood up the first time and questioned it.

However I have come to terms with pets I cannot obtain now, including those that I technically could (eg. Ebay purchases) and I am happy with the situation. I think the whole exclusion option on this website has played a part in my contentment as I consider them unattainable and the fact that there are china account only pets that I could never obtain so there will always be something I cannot have.