Darkmoon Crow and Glowfly FIXED!!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us
Darkmoon Crow and Glowfly FIXED!!

Post by Misstic » December 3rd, 2012, 6:48 pm

I just captured a RARE crow and I see Glowflys in Poor and Common, still looking for a rare. Anyone know how many breed ID's each of them have? I hope one ONE! :-) GL everyone, know go get em before the fair is over. :-)

Bistromath
Pet Score:3055
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Darkmoon Crow and Glowfly FIXED!!

Post by Bistromath » December 3rd, 2012, 7:24 pm

Thats odd cause last word was tuesday may see the hot fix, and i only see a Uncommon Glowfly that you have

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » December 3rd, 2012, 7:26 pm

Edema wrote:Thats odd cause last word was tuesday may see the hot fix, and i only see a Uncommon Glowfly that you have
They just said soon. "Soon" happened to be this afternoon. Friend caught a rare glowfly and an uncommon crow a bit ago.

Kinski
Pet Score:2342
Realm:Skullcrusher-eu

Post by Kinski » December 3rd, 2012, 7:57 pm

for me its the other way round, captured/released around 10 - 12 rare glowflies so far.

http://schaffhauser.me/Warcraft#PetBreeds for the breedIDs

but no rare crow so far, and only one uncommon yet. :(

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » December 3rd, 2012, 8:34 pm

Kinski wrote:for me its the other way round, captured/released around 10 - 12 rare glowflies so far.

http://.me/Warcraft#PetBreeds for the breedIDs

Umm that link looks like it takes me to spam??

Puluz
Pet Score:10206
Realm:Darksorrow-eu

Post by Puluz » December 3rd, 2012, 8:42 pm

sigh, running around in dmf isle like crazy, trying to find rare glowfly...found one, ofc it had uncommon crow with it (didn't have crow at all yet) the decisions... :roll: went with the crow anyways. :)

edit. Also noticed that dmf isle is quite handy way to lvl up your lowbie dragonkins if you happen to have any still, atleast my emerald and azure whelpling and sprite darter hatchling have gained quite some levels cos the glowflys levels are so random... =)

edit2, quess which one i found first after that, another uncommon crow or a rare glowfly? hint, name has only 4 letters... :roll: :D
Last edited by Puluz on December 3rd, 2012, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moiread

Post by Moiread » December 3rd, 2012, 8:52 pm

Misstic wrote:
Kinski wrote:for me its the other way round, captured/released around 10 - 12 rare glowflies so far.

It's not spam, but it's nothing to do with WoW. Not the first time I've seen this 'Competitor' site brought up on here. What is it supposed to be?

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » December 3rd, 2012, 9:27 pm

I've been trying to get a rare crow for about three hours now. It's really frustrating that they're only adds, and rarely adds at that, to the glowflies.

ETA: Finally got a rare crow after about 4 hours. :s
Last edited by Guest on December 3rd, 2012, 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » December 3rd, 2012, 10:49 pm

I was able to get both a level 5 rare glowfly and level 5 rare crow after the hot-fix. Also found a level 2 rare glowfly while I was still looking for the crow, so logged out/in to leave it for someone else!
Mingyao on Madoran

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » December 4th, 2012, 1:12 am

Moiread wrote:
Misstic wrote:

It's not spam, but it's nothing to do with WoW. Not the first time I've seen this 'Competitor' site brought up on here. What is it supposed to be?
It seems to be a part of an illegal-link list they have made up. If a resource is too similar and might be used instead of warcraftpets.com, it seems they censor the link so that people wont get the help they need... I know of atleast two sites who gets this threatment, its http:// petbattle arena .com AND http:// schaffhauser .me/Warcraft

..its sad really, to deny a community to share knowledge. If there are other reasons for this thing, I would love to hear it.

...and if sharing this info gets me banned, and this post deleted: It was nice having a chat, take care all. (/hide)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 4th, 2012, 2:15 am

Hellomynameis wrote:It seems to be a part of an illegal-link list they have made up. If a resource is too similar and might be used instead of warcraftpets.com, it seems they censor the link so that people wont get the help they need... I know of atleast two sites who gets this threatment, its http:// petbattle arena .com AND http:// schaffhauser .me/Warcraft

..its sad really, to deny a community to share knowledge. If there are other reasons for this thing, I would love to hear it.

...and if sharing this info gets me banned, and this post deleted: It was nice having a chat, take care all. (/hide)
As per [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/guidelines/]WarcraftPets User Guidelines[/url]:

Advertising and Soliciting
This category includes:
  • Attempting to publicly sell or buy any personal wares, whether in-game or otherwise
    Providing a link to any external website for the sole purpose of promoting that site
    Providing a link to any competing "companion pet" website.
    Providing a link to any any non-beneficial, unrelated businesses or organizations
We've reached out to many similar websites to inquire about a possible collaboration, but unfortunately many creators have their own visions for their site in mind. Which is understandable and commendable. We wish them the best!

While we don't have any ill will or negative feelings towards other "pet websites", please respect our User Guidelines and refrain from linking them on WarcraftPets. Thank you! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » December 4th, 2012, 3:10 am

First of all, thanks for taking your time to answer.
Quintessence wrote:As per [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/guidelines/]WarcraftPets User Guidelines[/url]:

Advertising and Soliciting
This category includes:
  • Providing a link to any competing "companion pet" website.
Not to be too argumentative, but how would we know if a site is a competing companion pet site or not, unless you tell us, in cases like above when the link replacement didn't work. Do you have a list of these sites somewhere in the guidelines, or is this all up to the moderators to decide?
Quintessence wrote:We've reached out to many similar websites to inquire a possible collaboration, but unfortunately many creators have their own visions for their site in mind. Which is understandable and commendable. We wish them the best!
I wish them the best aswell, however some of them have functionality lacking on this site. And while I do understand why they might be hessitant to link to you, since they are fairly new "in the game", I do not understand why warcraftpets.com can't have a list of "similar resources" non-the-less, to help out the community as a whole to achieve what they seek. A resource list deemed worthy of course. A community is for sharing ideas afterall, and when there are censorship like this involved, it cripples the communication/sharing.
Quintessence wrote:While we don't have any ill will or negative feelings towards other "pet websites", please respect our User Guidelines and refrain from linking them on WarcraftPets. Thank you! :)
Thanks for enlightening me, I will refrain from mentioning those two sites again(since its the only I know of atm).

If I strongly disagree with this part of the user guidelines;
Providing a link to any competing "companion pet" website.
Do I have to start a petition in the bug/suggestion part of the forum, or how should I proceed? Or would that be an exercise in futility?

Ravyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:6211
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Ravyn » December 4th, 2012, 4:19 am

Wow. I seriously cannot believe this policy. It is ridiculous and only makes Warcraftpets.com look insecure. I am unbelievably disappointed, because this was my favorite companion site, where I got all information about every pet. All this does is limit information exchange and discourage community friendliness.

Edit: @Hellomynameis, use http://www.warcraftpets.com/contact/?re=Site%20administration which is what I have done.

GormanGhaste
MVP

Post by GormanGhaste » December 4th, 2012, 7:33 am

The censorship leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And I really don't think it's necessary, as neither site specifically mentioned is a threat to Warcraftpets.
Mingyao on Madoran

Piaevo
Pet Score:1774
Realm:Eonar-us

Post by Piaevo » December 4th, 2012, 8:36 am

Got my rare Glowfly...only a poor crow :(

Maliander
Pet Score:3413
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Post by Maliander » December 4th, 2012, 10:01 am

Still looking for a rare Crow myself as he's got a pretty interesting moveset, basically a Gilnean Raven without the need for a Battle Stone.

OT: Prohibiting links to other sites was actually a pretty common occurance about 15 years ago, before webmasters figured out free flow of information is beneficial to all. Perhaps Warcraftpets is clinging onto that archaic procedure to be old skool :P

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » December 4th, 2012, 11:15 am

GormanGhaste wrote:The censorship leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And I really don't think it's necessary, as neither site specifically mentioned is a threat to Warcraftpets.
I've never been a fan of censorship. Limiting people's access to information strongly goes against my core beliefs. The decision to censor outgoing links was not an easy one to make. And it may not have been the right decision either.

For you, the pet collector/battler using our site to gather info and improve your gaming experience, it must seem outrageous and unjustifiable. On a personal level, I can understand and sympathize. At the very least, you're owed a more detailed explanation.

When the decision was made to censor outgoing links and references to these sites, it did not happen overnight. I personally spent weeks monitoring the forums. The final decision came about largely as the result of the actions taken by the site developers. These actions include using our forums SOLELY* as a venue to:

A.) Promote links to content on their own site when the same information is available on ours;
EXAMPLE: Linking to a pet profile on their site instead of linking to the same profile on our site.

B.) Seek feedback to develop their own site, rather than providing feedback to us to help us improve WarcraftPets;

C.) Generate a series of permanent links to unique content on their site while publicly planning to add many features that are currently exclusive to WarcraftPets.

*When I say SOLELY above, it means that ALL forum posts by these individuals (prior to having their links removed or replaced) had either provided links to their own sites or followed up on such posts. There was no history of these individuals using our forums for anything otherwise.

So these repeated actions put us in an awkward position.

But we're not insensitive to the fact that removing the offending links is an unintended disservice to you, the community. Therefore, we'll be reviewing this decision in the days ahead. It was never our intention to stifle your voice or limit access to useful information. Our goal has always been to make WarcraftPets the most valuable website of its kind.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and we will certainly factor that into our decision.

GormanGhaste
MVP

Post by GormanGhaste » December 4th, 2012, 1:58 pm

Thanks for the reply, Breanni. It certainly seems reasonable to block accounts that are only used for self-promotion.
Mingyao on Madoran

Chetok
Pet Score:2052
Realm:Lightning's Blade-us

Post by Chetok » December 4th, 2012, 3:01 pm

Yesterday after the hotfix I saw all qualities of glowfly but never saw a single crow. Today all I'm getting again are uncommon quality glowflies and still have yet to see a crow. :?:

Tumbanoo
Pet Score:4619
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Tumbanoo » December 4th, 2012, 5:54 pm

Just picked up a rare lvl 3 glowfly but I haven't struck a crow of any level since the fix. Prior to fix i saw about a dozen uncommon lvl 8-9 crows as secondary to blowflies (I mean glowflies of course but maybe they should have blowfly as pets) :oops: . It took me a few tries until I checked out tooltip which said they were unable to be captured. :cry: