Re: TCG Pets - Glitch???

Post by Tatra » December 15th, 2014, 8:50 pm

probably doops

Stella3
Pet Score:4018
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Stella3 » December 15th, 2014, 11:55 pm

In my personal experience I went to my local trading card store and asked if they had any WoW TCG cards in stock, and they did. I asked if they had any pet cards available and they did, of course I got all excited and giddy to find a few of them. Gregarious Grell, Purple Puffer and some other 'basic' ones. Oddly enough he had literally dozens of them, like stacks of the same Purple Puffers and so on. He was selling them for $5.00 each and so I bought a few of them.

So if I wanted to buy out say 20 of them for $100 dollars and convert that into 300,000 gold at 15k a pop, that would be one way, so that could be one reason behind it?

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » December 16th, 2014, 12:06 am

Twizler wrote:Lately i have seen ALOT of people selling TCG Loot pets on trade chat and on AH.
Most of the people that are selling them have ALL the different pets you can get from the TCG and a large stock of them...

What have changed and who are these guys???
Is it a glitch somehow?
Are the prices on the TCG fallen to nothing?
Are the loot drop rate increased?
Or is it just some guy who needs WoW gold more than irl cash?

I find it very strange... I hope some of you have a good explanation. :?
Take a look at the seller. In a lot of cases you have the equivalent of a gold spammer selling these pets. They are level 1 with 10 achievement points. They mostly deal in the "higher end" TCG's and have a limitless supply. These are going to be dupes. This is something that has been going on for well over a year now primarily with TCG's such as the Spectral Tiger Cub, Ethereal Soul-Trader, Dragon Kite, and Rocket Chicken. In the last half of the year we have also seen this extend to the Tuskarr Kite, Hippogryph Hatchling, Bananas, and even the Viscous Horror (in spite of it not being a TCG).

It is a glitch that is somehow being exploited to no end. The prices on TCGs have fallen to nothing as a result of the influx of pets available and the limitless resupply of them. The loot drop rate has not increased because the TCG cards have been discontinued. Chances are it is a duper, and not a guy needing WoW gold more than irl cash.

This is a pretty well known occurrence here on WCPets and there quite a few threads and posts about this in the forums (usually with the keywords dupes, duplicates, pet duping, etc). Some of these older more populated threads might be able to give you some more insight into the issue.

Hope this helps :)
@TamerWakamaru