Big Bag of Pet Supplies Pet Drop Rate

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Beave
Pet Score:4259
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Big Bag of Pet Supplies Pet Drop Rate

Post by Beave » December 10th, 2014, 9:28 pm

Does anyone know what the pet drop rate is? I've had my menagerie at lvl 3 for 4 days, and I've already got two of the daily pets. (Albino Chimaeraling in poor quality and a Firewing in rare). Have I had really good luck with drops, or is everyone else seeing a similar drop rate on the new pets?

I ask because the new pets seem to be going for a pretty hefty price right now, and people are willing to trade what appear to be rarer pets like Hatespark and Syd for them. If these are going to end up being like the Pandaren Spirits pets that sell for 500-800g within a few months because many people are getting a couple week, then I'd like to trade them now.

Dagris
Top Rater
Pet Score:9380
BattleTag®:Dugoth#1259
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Re: Big Bag of Pet Supplies Pet Drop Rate

Post by Dagris » December 10th, 2014, 9:41 pm

Beave wrote:Does anyone know what the pet drop rate is? I've had my menagerie at lvl 3 for 4 days, and I've already got two of the daily pets. (Albino Chimaeraling in poor quality and a Firewing in rare). Have I had really good luck with drops, or is everyone else seeing a similar drop rate on the new pets?

I ask because the new pets seem to be going for a pretty hefty price right now, and people are willing to trade what appear to be rarer pets like Hatespark and Syd for them. If these are going to end up being like the Pandaren Spirits pets that sell for 500-800g within a few months because many people are getting a couple week, then I'd like to trade them now.
There's no confirmation yet that players can get the pets more than once on the same character, so be careful selling them off unless you have alts you plan to do it with too

Blixtiya
Pet Score:10423
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Blixtiya » December 11th, 2014, 10:08 am

Ive yet to see any credible source on the rumor that one toon can only get one each of the pets. I knowpeople who have gotten 2-3 of the same pet so far, and while I cant guarantee it wasnt on different toons, the same goes for the opposite

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 11th, 2014, 10:18 am

I'm on the same page as the previous poster. I have 3 characters that all run thru it daily and I have yet to get a duplicate on any of them. However I do need to note that since the day I got the last one I was missing I have not gotten a single new one on any of the 3. So just this morning I completed my fourth level 3 menagerie and I will pay very close attention to if that alt gets ANY bag pets at all. I'm thinking it's just RNG that I have gotten no new bag pets for a couple of days, as I've seen others post that they did not get any for a couple of days consecutively.

Blixtiya
Pet Score:10423

Post by Blixtiya » December 11th, 2014, 11:55 am

Im only doing it on one toon, but Ive had several periods of 5-7 days with no pets, somight very well be rng

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 11th, 2014, 12:18 pm

I don't have any data contribute to this. I've only got 1 level 100 toon with a level 3 pet menagerie to get the big bags and haven't gotten any duplicates so far. I'm gut says it is probably once per toon. The drop rate seems to be pretty high, at least initially, I'm 3 out 4 for getting pets. If it isn't once per toon and the drop rate stays that high these pets will be very common and be pretty worthless pretty quickly. I guess it's possible that it isn't once per toon and it just becomes a much rarer drop after the first but with the number of once per toon drops in this expansion it would fit if these bags were the same way. It's hard to prove that they are once per toon because you can't ever say just because you haven't gotten a duplicate yet means you can't. On the other hand, it should be easy to prove that you can because you just need it to happen once but you do have to either be limited to a single char doing them or be sure to keep very detailed records on who got what pet.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » December 11th, 2014, 12:27 pm

Just want to throw it out there that the precedent has been set already with the Pygmy Cow. You can only loot this once per character, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Menagerie works the same way.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » December 11th, 2014, 12:38 pm

I'm still doing it on only one toon. So far I'm 4 pets out of 7 bags. It's been very "every other bag" for me so far.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Rendigar
MVP

Post by Rendigar » December 11th, 2014, 1:09 pm

Kpb321 wrote:On the other hand, it should be easy to prove that you can because you just need it to happen once but you do have to either be limited to a single char doing them or be sure to keep very detailed records on who got what pet.
That's exactly why I will not learn or trade away any of the pets my fourth 100 gets. They can sit in her bags for a couple of months (I have 5 more alts on the way to 100, so they can get me more :D). I just have to make sure to do the battle on at least her consistently so that it's not just RNG over a couple of days/a week.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625

Post by Doobjanka » December 12th, 2014, 1:24 am

I received Firewing twice on Doobjanka, so it doesn't feel limited to only once each. I've got them all now between my two 100's, so anything else is trade fodder.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Sharna
Pet Score:12185
Realm:Quel'Thalas-eu

Post by Sharna » December 12th, 2014, 7:51 am

I also received Firewing twice but unfortunately didn't cage the original one before trying to learn the second one. As a result the second one vanished.

So yes, it is definitely possible to get more than one of these pets on the same character, but be careful about learning them since they are listed as 'Unique' which means you can only have one in your inventory at any time.

Ash
Top Rater
Pet Score:7500
BattleTag®:Gallifreyan#11378
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Ash » December 12th, 2014, 10:01 am

Beave wrote:Does anyone know what the pet drop rate is? I've had my menagerie at lvl 3 for 4 days, and I've already got two of the daily pets. (Albino Chimaeraling in poor quality and a Firewing in rare). Have I had really good luck with drops, or is everyone else seeing a similar drop rate on the new pets?
I got Weebomination on my first menagerie daily. Then went 5 days with no pets at all. The past 3 days I have gotten a pet everyday; 2nd was a rare Firewing, then a rare Puddle Terror, and today I got Albino Chimaeraling in poor quality(he got stoned immediately afterwards).

I'm only doing this on one character, for now. And have yet to get a double of a pet.

Edit* After the Chimaeraling, I went one day with nothing. Then today I got the one I was waiting the most for, Spectral Bell (the Ghastly Kid). <3 I'm still in need of the Sun Sproutling and Sunfire Kaliri, so we'll see what comes.... would also not be opposed to some multiples of ones I already have since I see a couple of them come in different breeds. :D
Last edited by Ash on December 14th, 2014, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rendigar
MVP

Post by Rendigar » December 12th, 2014, 10:06 am

Doobjanka wrote:I received Firewing twice on Doobjanka, so it doesn't feel limited to only once each. I've got them all now between my two 100's, so anything else is trade fodder.
That's good to know! I did get 2 weebominations yesterday so I think I'll still keep all the pets my mage gets (in order) just to see how it goes.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 12th, 2014, 5:44 pm

When yall are getting two of these pets are one of them already learned or is the first one caged in your bags?
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » December 12th, 2014, 6:34 pm

If I understand Quint's post, she is saying she had one learned and another dropped. But you have to cage the one you have before "learning" the new one.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 12th, 2014, 8:40 pm

Kel wrote:If I understand Quint's post, she is saying she had one learned and another dropped. But you have to cage the one you have before "learning" the new one.
I've yet to receive the same pet twice on the same character. You're actually referring to [profile]Doobjanka[/profile] and his luck! ;)

And to clarify, you can have two of the same pet in your Pet Journal. You don't have to cage one in order to add the second or third version.

If the pet item (not the caged pet) says "unique", as in the case of [pet]Firewing[/pet] and [pet]Sun Sproutling[/pet], you can't have two of the same pet (item) in your bags/inventory. The other Mastering the Mengareie pets are not flagged as unique, so you're safe with the rest.
Jerebear wrote:When yall are getting two of these pets are one of them already learned or is the first one caged in your bags?
It sounds as though it doesn't matter. [profile]Sharna[/profile] lost a Firewing due to having a first one still unlearned, and unless the same thing happened to [profile]Doobjanka[/profile], it seems like you can learn one and still get a second to drop on the same character.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » December 12th, 2014, 9:44 pm

well i cannot be sure at 100% if i got double from same toon or not (but i did get double at some point), since i was not paying attention and ii have multiple menagerie going.....
but i can tell you, you can have up to 3 of the same pets (from the daily) in you journal without anything vanished....

and for [pet]sun sproutling[/pet] .... the item who create the pet is the only one BOE as far as i know.....
i am not sure if it is the pet itself or the item who create the pet who is unique...
in journal it do not say anything about unique

Post by Guest » December 17th, 2014, 12:18 am

I think that it is the ratio upto which the pets are sold. They may vary according to the region, breed, trend and choice.

Bix
Pet Score:4465
BattleTag®:Bix#2747
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Post by Bix » December 26th, 2014, 9:43 pm

Greetings fellow pet collectors.

I reply on this topic because my worries are precisely about the Menagerie-daily rewards.

I have only 1 level 100 character so far, with menagerie level 3 for about more than 2 weeks. Since then I've done the daily battle without missing one. I got my 6 first pets within a week, all different (I was just missing the Sproutling). I sold them all, while they had some value, considering there are pet rewards - I was assuming they worked the same way as the Pandaria Fabled rewards (the Panda pets), or the Shattrath fishing dailies (the cute crocodiles).

Then nothing for 10 days or so, and I just got my Sproutling yesterday.
Not a single duplicate.
And I am beginning to deeply regret having sold the other ones, because price is rising high on the AH now, people realizing they might be one-shot reward.

What some people are reporting (see links below) is that there seems to be some hidden diminishing return but duplicates are still possible.
What I wonder if there isn't some kind of "hidden achievement" and once you got all 7 pets through the Big Bag of Pet Supplies, it makes it impossible for your character (and possibly ALL your characters.....) to get any more.

In order to make a "clean" investigation to exactly know how it works, people should answer the following questions:
- Did you ever get a duplicate pet from garrison daily? -> answer seems to be yes
- Did you get the duplicate pet on the same character? -> answer seems to be yes
- Had you received (in pet journal or caged/sold, doesn't matter) your 7 pets from the garrison daily PRIOR to obtaining these duplicates? -> ?? that is what I wonder. Just to know if I'm really screwed :)

Links:
My post on bnet forum the matter: topic 13123313182 on bnet EU forums
A linked post to US forums with more discussion in it: topic 15538885198 on bnet US forums
(I am not allowed to post links yet, so surf the bnet forums and replace the topic number with the references above)

*edit* mmh sorry I just noticed there is a bigger thread on the matter here: warcraftpets. c o m /community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12108

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » December 27th, 2014, 6:17 am

Only had the level 3 menagerie for about a week, but here are my results.

Day 1 - Nothing
Day 2 - Nothing
Day 3 - Nothing
Day 4 - Ghastly Kid
Day 5 - Sunfire Kaliri
Day 6 - Firewing
Day 7 - Nothing

Will keep a track of this on my bio, especially when my hunter gets up there and starts doing the dailies too. Will post any results here.