CM pet

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Britty
Pet Score:5582
Realm:Turalyon-us
Re: CM pet

Post by Britty » December 10th, 2014, 7:54 pm

Thank you very much for this opportunity! I'll shall create a lowbie in anticipation for when you guys are ready to accept more pet people. Much obliged.
Chillibilly wrote:If I made a EU character, would my collection carry over and would I be able to get the pet and see it on the US side?
I don't think that would work, IIRC when I was bothering to find out if I could get the Murloc pet from the Burning Crusade EU collector's edition.

However! Oceanic server is on the US game client. When you hit "change realms", you'll see a tab on the bottom of the screen that says "Oceanic". Not sure if you can send tabards from a US server there though. But all your pets and stuff will be the same.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » December 12th, 2014, 1:46 am

Chillibilly wrote:If I made a EU character, would my collection carry over and would I be able to get the pet and see it on the US side?
No, the EU and US accounts are completely different. Oceanic falls under US though, so your collection carries over from there.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Chillibilly
Pet Score:8351
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Chillibilly » December 12th, 2014, 3:38 am

Doobjanka wrote: No, the EU and US accounts are completely different. Oceanic falls under US though, so your collection carries over from there.
Ooooh perfect! Sign me up! 8-)

Sedaii
MVP
Pet Score:8199
BattleTag®:Sedaii#1645
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Sedaii » December 13th, 2014, 11:02 am

I am so looking forward to adding this pet to my collection!

One way to cut down time to acquire the pet:
If you leave your guild and join another, you'll lose one rank of reputation. Meaning; if you are Exalted with your current guild and join another, you'll go back down to Revered.

So, rather than trying to level from 1, earn enough rep to get revered,and then scramble around to get the gold to buy it, I moved a toon that I no longer play. She had exalted rep and has the gold to buy the pet, so I should be able to accept the invitation, buy the pet, thank the guild and be on my merry way :D

Simmias, I have been checking in this morning on your server but if you could add me on BTag and let me know when you are able to invite, I would really appreciate it. Sedaii#1645

Thanks again :D

Aoinoteki
Pet Score:12419
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Aoinoteki » December 13th, 2014, 11:56 am

Heads up, I heard that Simmias changed guilds. So unfortunately I don't think his offer is valid anymore, unless his new guild has the CM pet too. :(

EDIT: spoke to one of the officers of his old guild. They told me they would sell me a pet-only invite for 20k. I may take them up on it...

Sedaii
MVP

Post by Sedaii » December 13th, 2014, 12:42 pm

Aoinoteki wrote:Heads up, I heard that Simmias changed guilds. So unfortunately I don't think his offer is valid anymore, unless his new guild has the CM pet too. :(

EDIT: spoke to one of the officers of his old guild. They told me they would sell me a pet-only invite for 20k. I may take them up on it...
Well that is not the best news :-( So much for my moving a toon.

Chillibilly
Pet Score:8351
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Chillibilly » December 13th, 2014, 2:45 pm

Damn what a bad one :( The waiting game continues for the Deathwatch Hatchling

Quen
Pet Score:9250
Realm:Shu'halo-us

Post by Quen » December 13th, 2014, 7:32 pm

Just a note here for anyone anxiously awaiting this opportunity...have patience! Don't blow gold on something like this when there will be very generous guilds in the near future who support the pet community here willing to open their doors to droves of collectors.

Aoinoteki
Pet Score:12419
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Aoinoteki » December 13th, 2014, 8:22 pm

Quen wrote:Just a note here for anyone anxiously awaiting this opportunity...have patience! Don't blow gold on something like this when there will be very generous guilds in the near future who support the pet community here willing to open their doors to droves of collectors.
Yeah, I am on the fence, myself. I'd rather not have both a rep and gold grind. It's too bad about this time, it was still nice of him to offer, it wasn't his fault that unexpected events happened that made him leave the guild.

Sedaii
MVP

Post by Sedaii » December 13th, 2014, 10:00 pm

It's too bad about this time, it was still nice of him to offer, it wasn't his fault that unexpected events happened that made him leave the guild

It was nice to offer. I am not aware of the circumstances around the guild change, but it would also have been nice if we had been updated by him that the opportunity was no longer there.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » December 14th, 2014, 3:16 am

It's sad news that this offer isn't valid anymore. We will be locking the thread so no one else gets their hopes up. Hopefully there will be some guilds offering it up free after next patch.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!