darkmoon hatchling

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu
Re: darkmoon hatchling

Post by Arvelayne » December 8th, 2012, 4:11 am

Quick update. GM sent me a critter stone. He mentioned the Cricket, but said all he could do was put a report in.

Well it made me happier anyway.

Arve,
positalt.

Akycha
Pet Score:2287
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Akycha » December 8th, 2012, 12:12 pm

Most excellent! Put a ticket in as suggested and I got a flawless stone in the mail. Go a cute reply from the gm as well. :D Thanks so much guys!

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » December 8th, 2012, 4:29 pm

I submitted a ticked about 4 days ago and today received a reply and a flawless stone for critters. If the cricket has been fixed then I'll get one when one of my alts gains necessary reputation for the cricket. This way I have an extra stone for some of my non-rare critters)

Csara
Top Rater
Pet Score:11407
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Csara » December 8th, 2012, 9:04 pm

I ticketed this on Friday night and just got a response saying that the GM 'can't fix it cause it's too long ago :/'.

Have submitted a ticket questioning the 'too long ago' (Sunday night is too long ago?!?) and pointing out the fact that other people have been given critter stones - they've deleted that thread you linked, Jeykama, but someone's mentioned it in the long 'Hotfixes' thread, so there's still 'proof' on the forums. We'll see what I get from that.

There has been a trend that we've noticed in our household, that the GM never reads the ticket properly the first time.

Moiread

Post by Moiread » December 8th, 2012, 9:24 pm

I got my stone yesterday and a really awesome in-universe response from the GM along with it. Pretty happy about the way they handled the situation.

Jeykama
Realm:Frostwolf-us

Post by Jeykama » December 9th, 2012, 4:01 am

Csara wrote:I ticketed this on Friday night and just got a response saying that the GM 'can't fix it cause it's too long ago :/'.

Have submitted a ticket questioning the 'too long ago' (Sunday night is too long ago?!?) and pointing out the fact that other people have been given critter stones - they've deleted that thread you linked, Jeykama, but someone's mentioned it in the long 'Hotfixes' thread, so there's still 'proof' on the forums. We'll see what I get from that.

There has been a trend that we've noticed in our household, that the GM never reads the ticket properly the first time.
A friend of mine and I both got critter stones for our hatchlings on GM ticket. It's probably important to be online to actually speak to the GM in case there's some misunderstanding. The first ticket I wasn't online and got the standard "here's where to report bugs" mail, but the second time I got a cool rep to talk to yesterday and he(?) mailed the stone to me np.

Just be reasonable, and be patient.

Waveryn
Pet Score:13627
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » December 10th, 2012, 7:57 am

This thread made me look, I too have an uncommon one and think I will just keep it and buy the rare/s with more tickets.
I was always a vanity pet collector and bummed at first when they made all these battle pets thinking it made it unfair that people could get so many easily now that we worked so hard for as a vanity pet. I finally broke down and started battles late, and am now hooked :mrgreen: . I do have a question on the stones, I have a flawless battle one and flawless undead one, they say they instantly upgrade to a Rare. Does the pet have to be uncommon or can it be common or poor even and be changed to rare?

Thanks for answers ahead of time, and Thanks Breanni, have loved the site for years, just never said/participated much. ;)
Wave

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » December 10th, 2012, 9:06 am

Waveryn wrote:I do have a question on the stones, I have a flawless battle one and flawless undead one, they say they instantly upgrade to a Rare. Does the pet have to be uncommon or can it be common or poor even and be changed to rare?
The pet can be any quality before being upgraded to rare. I'm not sure what trying to use a stone on an already rare quality pet would do, but hopefully it'd just give you an error message.
Image Image

Eridalafar
Pet Score:4100
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Eridalafar » December 12th, 2012, 8:34 pm

It is only me? But I have get my darkmoon hatchling upgraded to the rare quality without any action of my part. Look like it have been stealth patched this week.

Eridalafar

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 12th, 2012, 8:36 pm

Eridalafar wrote:It is only me? But I have get my darkmoon hatchling upgraded to the rare quality without any action of my part. Look like it have been stealth patched this week.

Eridalafar
Yup. An update on this and other intended rares can be found here.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Post by Arvelayne » December 13th, 2012, 4:22 am

Oh that's awesome. Pity I got a Red Cricket off the AH and released my poor one.... They were so 'oh we aren't going to be able to do this ever' over the last few weeks that I gave up and just spent the gold.

I wouldn't have kept the second one anyway, but I could have given it to someone who didn't farm.

Ah well.

Arve,
early alt.

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » December 28th, 2012, 8:58 am

Yeah something happened to the one's I had in my Journal. I was carrying a rare and an uncommon (for lols) and the uncommon got upgraded automatically. Very nice. Lucky for me, I didn't waste that free stone Blizz gave me on it (stoopid cricket >.>)

However, I did have another uncommon sitting in the mail and it DIDN'T get converted. I've taken a screenie with Ol' Father Winter next to me in case anyone thinks I'm seeing things. I relearnt it - nope, still uncommon. Relogged - nope, still uncommon.

So...

Dunno what to do now. Uncommon just seriously got rare. Humph. >.<

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » December 28th, 2012, 5:32 pm

Aislinge wrote:Yeah something happened to the one's I had in my Journal. I was carrying a rare and an uncommon (for lols) and the uncommon got upgraded automatically. Very nice. Lucky for me, I didn't waste that free stone Blizz gave me on it (stoopid cricket >.>)

However, I did have another uncommon sitting in the mail and it DIDN'T get converted. I've taken a screenie with Ol' Father Winter next to me in case anyone thinks I'm seeing things. I relearnt it - nope, still uncommon. Relogged - nope, still uncommon.

So...

Dunno what to do now. Uncommon just seriously got rare. Humph. >.<
That's actually really cool to know. I've kept two uncommon hatchlings (and a poor and common sapphire cub) in my bank alt's guild bank just because they've become unobtainium now. I kind of assumed that learning them again would auto-upgrade them though!
Image Image