WoW TCG - MMO Champion Statement

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Frantor
Top Rater
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Moon Guard-us
WoW TCG - MMO Champion Statement

Post by Frantor » January 25th, 2012, 5:42 am

On the main page of MMO for patch 4.3.2 it states that the new pet being released for the TCG is the "Eye of Legion". I've been looking for Information about this pet but have run into nothing but false leads and thin air. For starters, the listed expansion "Timewalkers: War of the Ancients" (TW:WoA) on MMO isn't even listed on the main WoWTCG site. The only expansion listed for release is the "Crown of Heavens" (CoH) however that card expansion doesn't include an "Eye of Legion" pet but rather a "Vicious Grell".

On the WoWTCG main site they list the CoH expansion release as early Feb. and as the second of three planned expansions for the current block. This is further supported by cards on eBay being available and on current screen shots where CoH is listed above WoA on Landro's list. There is however, no sign of the TW: WoA cards at all. No packs, no cards, no loot on eBay. Could it be that MMO has in fact the correct data mine for the third of three expansions but skipped the actual CoH release? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Harval
MVP
Pet Score:4699
Realm:Aggramar-us

Re: WoW TCG - MMO Champion Statement

Post by Harval » January 25th, 2012, 6:06 am

Could be that these items are far into the future. If that's true, the pet and mount probably won't be available until after two more TCG expansions are released. As far as I know, the two pets associated with the next two expansions are the grell and a scarab pet. These items were datamined some time back and you can see them if you speak to Landro.

My guess is the Eye of the Legion is for an expansion following both Crown of Heaven and Tomb of the Forgotten. Given that WoA is so far in the future, it's likely you wouldn't find much information on that just yet. Possible that we may see this newest expansion on Landro once 4.3.2 updates.

Frantor
Top Rater
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Frantor » January 25th, 2012, 6:28 am

I agree with you. I think MMO has just jumped the gun on expansion availability. I have already purchased my Grell and am just awaiting the option to retreive it. It's just odd to me that MMO would state that the Eye of Legion is going to be available with this upcoming patch, when it actually isn't. I've messaged Boub about the issue but have yet to receive a response. Maybe I am misinterpreting the info and he is just stating that the item is now in the files. I'm always excited about new pets and want to keep as up to date as possible. Thanks for the quick response.

Edit: Spelling and More!

After reviewing the info and thinking about the post, I believe that in the patch, the items will be available to redeem however, that has no bearing on the actual item being released. I think I was getting the wrong message by the post. A.K.A. I'm an ass. LOL /face palm

Harval
MVP
Pet Score:4699
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harval » January 25th, 2012, 10:07 pm

Yeah, MMOC typically doesn't provide the finer details of pet situations like these. They just datamine and post what they find. It will be "available" in their view because it will exist on the live server, much like as of 4.3 the grell and scarab exist on the live server (and countless other pets locked away in the bowels of the game files). The method to obtain them simply hasn't been available yet.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » January 26th, 2012, 8:21 am

Its normal that they call out the pet a good times before the expansions comes. i dont know where they get the data from, but its accurate most of the time.

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » January 26th, 2012, 8:48 am

I agree - I think you'll find it's an expansion pack ahead of the Grell one (which, like you said, is already in pre order on eBay and TCGLoot etc).

I tend to go to TCGLoot (which links from this site) to see what's actually coming in the near to immediate future :)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 28th, 2012, 2:45 am

I don't think MMO-Champion meant to imply that the Eye of the Legion would be available any time soon. It looks more like a 'Hey! New data in next patch!' kind of announcement.

Ever since [url=http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/2011/09/43-ptr-tcg-pets.html]the 4.3 PTR[/url], Blizzard recently started adding data regarding future TCG loot on the PTR. So while there isn't any information on the decks yet, the pets themselves are starting to be previewed earlier and earlier. I'd just keep in mind that the release order of each deck, names and even the pets themselves could be changed or swapped out since there's months of time between each TCG expansion release.

Here's a rough possible run down of what the next few TCG expansion decks and the comment pet loot cards will be:
  • 1. Crown of the Heavens deck - Gregarious Grell (release date: early February)

2. Tomb of the Forgotten deck - Sand Scarab (likely release date: one to three months after Crown of the Heaves)

3. Timewalkers: War of the Ancients deck - Eye of the Legion (likely release date: one to three months after Tomb of the Forgotten)
You can view a more complete list of yet-to-be-released pets [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/unlisted/]here[/url]!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com